The Tezos Foundation announced it is replacing two of its board members, Johann Gevers and Diego Olivier Fernandez Pons, with new appointees.
Ryan Jesperson and Michel Mauny will take over for Pons and Gevers. Gevers had been involved in a public dispute with Tezos founders Arthur and Kathleen Breitman, over his contract. The dispute has involved lawsuits, accusations of public defamation, and an effort by Gevers to set up his own competing foundation and appeal to Swiss regulators to grant him authority over funds raised in Tezos’ USD 232 million initial coin offering (ICO), which closed in July, 2017.
Governance over those funds and the non-profit foundation has been in doubt throughout the dispute. According to an announcement from the Tezos Foundation, both members resigned voluntarily.
Tezos launched its ICO with a plan to build a blockchain with a better system of formal governance, based on a technology called formal verification. The Tezos Foundation is a Swiss non-profit, tasked with overseeing the development and growth of the proposed open-source network.
According to a news release from the Tezos Foundation, the board shakeup prepares the body to “assist in the timely launch of the Tezos network.”
Jesperson is described as recently having emerged as “a leading figure in the Tezos community.” Jesperson was most recently chief operating officer at Divvy, a fintech company, according to the release.
Mauny is described as a senior researcher, specializing in programming languages, at the French digital research organization Inria. From 1989 to 2005, he worked on OCaml, a programming language on which Tezos is based, according to the release.
The full release is here: https://tezosfoundation.ch/news/tezos-board-reorganized/.
- Nobody Wants to Use Crypto Tokens: SelfKey Found a Workaround - July 3, 2018
- Is Ethereum Apple? Or Is It IBM? - May 22, 2018
- China’s JD.com to Open Blockchain Accelerator - February 26, 2018
- Tezos Board Shake-up: Gevers Steps Down - February 22, 2018
- NZ Company Announces Security Token ICO - February 22, 2018
- NnBU Plans €15m ICO to Fund an on-Chain Neonatal Medical Device - February 21, 2018
- This Week’s ICO Pick: Refereum Has the Momentum, Not the Mechanics or the Market - February 6, 2018
- This Week’s ICO Pick: Bee Token (Analysis) - January 30, 2018
- 7 Must-Ask Questions for Crypto Investors - January 30, 2018
- New EOS Fund Pools $325M From Novogratz & Block.one - January 23, 2018
- ICO Picks and Snow Shovels, This Week (Plus 7 Red Flags) - January 23, 2018
- The ICO Winter Has Arrived: Analysis & Data - January 21, 2018
- TechCrunch Founder Michael Arrington Joins Crypto Token Aelf as Advisor - January 17, 2018
- ICO Picks This Week: Bluzelle Review Plus 16 Red Flags - January 17, 2018
- Pocketinns to Open SEC-Registered ICO - January 15, 2018
- ICO Picks & Red Flags for This Week - January 10, 2018
- INS Closes $42M ICO for Decentralized Grocery Delivery - December 27, 2017