Thursday’s beta launch of the Vaultbank Exchange brings trading of security tokens, utility tokens and traditional securities, like mutual funds, together on one decentralized platform, according to a statement.
Vaultbank, which is incorporated in Singapore and based in San Francisco, said in a press release that its new exchange is the first securities-compliant platform supporting know-your-customer and anti-money-laundering (KYC/AML), the Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (FATCA) and other investor verification requirements.
The company said it aims to tokenize securities, including mutual and hedge funds, efficiently and at low cost to investors, providing more options to buy, sell and trade various tokenized securities and assets, unlike typical exchanges which only trade utility tokens.
Built on Stellar Technology, Vaultbank’s fast transaction times come at a fraction of the cost of other exchanges, the company claimed. “While many exchanges have come under scrutiny for providing insufficient security to users, Vaultbank gives traders control over their private keys and requires triple-factor authentication,” it said, with no centralized entity owning users’ information.
The company’s /VB token public sale launched Feb. 17, 2017, backed by equitable interest in the Vaultbank Fund, comprised of secured credit assets. These provide the main asset-backing of each VB token. However, Vaultbank stressed that quarterly dividends are not guaranteed.
“Security tokens are the future of cryptocurrency investing, and we’re building a powerful ecosystem to support this evolution,” said Austin Trombley, President and CTO of Vaultbank, in a statement. “The beta launch of our decentralized Vaultbank Exchange is one of the first steps in our roadmap, and we look forward to feedback from our investors and community as we continue to build the Vaultbank suite of services.”
Directors behind the venture include former BlackRock CIO, Ken Kroner and former Third Point Capital and Gyft co-founder, CJ MacDonald.
Website link: www.vaultbank.io
- Civil Wants to Make News More Ethical - July 23, 2018
- GeTS Links ASEAN and China with Cross Border Trade Blockchain - July 20, 2018
- A SVPER Secure Instant Video Dating Network - July 20, 2018
- Change Launches Mobile App for Fee-Free Crypto Trading - July 20, 2018
- IAB Tech Lab Lifts Veil on Digital Advertising Potential - July 19, 2018
- Grid7 Gets $1 Million DOE Grant for Decentralized Energy Grid - July 19, 2018
- Seth Shapiro’s Blockchain TV Platform Wants to Improve on Netflix with “Proof of Engagement” - July 19, 2018
- Korean Fund Hashed Backs Ad Platform XCHNG - July 18, 2018
- TaTaTu is Giving Away $50 Million in Tokens - July 17, 2018
- CoinFlip Adds Dash to US Crypto ATM Network - July 17, 2018
- UK Can Become Blockchain Leader by 2022: Report - July 17, 2018
- Tezos Offers Innovation Grants for Platform Projects - July 16, 2018
- Content Protection Platform Typerium Files Patents - July 16, 2018
- 4NEW is Mining Crypto with Waste Power - July 16, 2018
- Fujitsu’s Business Analysis Service Offers Speedy Crypto Project Review - July 13, 2018
- Binance Backs Malta’s Decentralized Founders Bank - July 13, 2018
- Self-Regulation is an Option for Crypto Exchanges: AEI - July 12, 2018
- Pundi X Puts POS in Hong Kong Restaurants - July 12, 2018
- TokenPay Strikes Deal With Litecoin to Buy Stake in WEG Bank - July 12, 2018
- ConsenSys Joins Blockchain Consortium to Disrupt Mineral Trading - July 11, 2018