TMX Group, a Canadian financial services company that operates market exchanges including the Toronto Stock Exchange, and Paycase Financial, a value network and trustware provider for decentralized financial services, on Thursday announced the first public cryptocurrency brokerage desk by a major exchange. The new brokerage service, Shorcan Digital Currency Network (Shorcan DCN), will first focus on bitcoin and ether. Full services will be available in Q2 2018.
“We are thrilled about this partnership between Paycase Financial and the TMX,” said Paycase Financial CEO and OECD Think Tank Special Advisor Joseph Weinberg, in a statement. “As the first-ever public crypto brokerage desk by an exchange, this deal represents the true institutionalization of cryptocurrencies as an asset class. It signifies what a flourishing startup community and a set of large institutions can do when they collaborate and work together to build the financial world of the future. Canada’s tight, cohesive startup scene, institutions and regulatory environment is a model for the world stage. And most importantly, it demonstrates that Canada is open for business.
“Secondly, it shows how bitcoin and its counterparts are the bedrock of what markets, economies and the financial world in the not-too-distant future. This step further solidifies cryptoassets’ place in the modern economy.”
Paycase’s partnership with TMX solves a major problem in the blockchain ecosystem, according to companies’ statement. It bridges the crypto world and the traditional financial markets, with more to come promised from the collaborative and tight-knit Canadian community.
Alongside the establishment of brokerage services, the partners plan to create proprietary-based cryptocurrency benchmarks based on consolidated data from the world’s leading crypto exchanges as well as over-the-counter (OTC) brokered volume.
“We are excited to enter into this agreement with Paycase, an industry leader with an innovative and entrepreneurial spirit,” said Peter Conroy, President of Shorcan. “We look forward to putting in the necessary collaborative work in the days ahead as we strive to make Shorcan DCN a lasting success.”
For more information, please visit shorcandcn.com
For more information on Paycase, please visit paycasefinancial.com
- Civil Wants to Make News More Ethical - July 23, 2018
- GeTS Links ASEAN and China with Cross Border Trade Blockchain - July 20, 2018
- A SVPER Secure Instant Video Dating Network - July 20, 2018
- Change Launches Mobile App for Fee-Free Crypto Trading - July 20, 2018
- IAB Tech Lab Lifts Veil on Digital Advertising Potential - July 19, 2018
- Grid7 Gets $1 Million DOE Grant for Decentralized Energy Grid - July 19, 2018
- Seth Shapiro’s Blockchain TV Platform Wants to Improve on Netflix with “Proof of Engagement” - July 19, 2018
- Korean Fund Hashed Backs Ad Platform XCHNG - July 18, 2018
- TaTaTu is Giving Away $50 Million in Tokens - July 17, 2018
- CoinFlip Adds Dash to US Crypto ATM Network - July 17, 2018
- UK Can Become Blockchain Leader by 2022: Report - July 17, 2018
- Tezos Offers Innovation Grants for Platform Projects - July 16, 2018
- Content Protection Platform Typerium Files Patents - July 16, 2018
- 4NEW is Mining Crypto with Waste Power - July 16, 2018
- Fujitsu’s Business Analysis Service Offers Speedy Crypto Project Review - July 13, 2018
- Binance Backs Malta’s Decentralized Founders Bank - July 13, 2018
- Self-Regulation is an Option for Crypto Exchanges: AEI - July 12, 2018
- Pundi X Puts POS in Hong Kong Restaurants - July 12, 2018
- TokenPay Strikes Deal With Litecoin to Buy Stake in WEG Bank - July 12, 2018
- ConsenSys Joins Blockchain Consortium to Disrupt Mineral Trading - July 11, 2018