Grappling with one of the biggest challenges in the industry – enabling real-world commerce for assets and value that exist entirely in digital formats, Ilmatic announced on Wednesday the first sneak peek at its secure, wearable, hardware hot wallet, designed to put crypto on your wrist. Where other organizations have sought to address this issue through the use of mobile apps or by issuing credit cards, ilmatic employs a hardware wallet, similar to the popular Ledger product that sold over 1 million units in 2017. The ilmatic wallet uses an NFC chip for making fast and easy payments and a microcontroller to protect users private keys, with planned support for cryptocurrencies boasting fast transaction times and low user fees, like Bitcoin Cash, Litecoin, Ripple, and Bitcoin using the Lightning Network.
“Ilmatic wallet’s hardware is the secret sauce to unlocking true cryptocurrency payments in physical spaces,” said Ilmetic Founder and CEO Danny Tamez, in a statement. “Secure hardware is the key to putting cryptocurrencies into the hands of everyday people. Software alone is just not secure enough. We are making cryptocurrency tangible. If people can hold an object that represents their money, then they are more likely to understand and trust it. We want to change the way that people experience money.”
Members of the ilmatic design team bring experience from Silicon Valley, the US Department of Defense, the EURECAT technology research center, and the LoRaWAN project for long range, low power and bandwidth IoT devices, according to the company’s statement. Ilmatic has begun taking reservations for ‘Founding Memberships’ at a cost of USD 20 each, which it states guarantee priority purchase of a USD 275 USD First Edition ilmatic wallet and a vote for which currencies it should support.
Ilmatic also states that it is planning a future initial coin offering (ICO) intended to adhere to US SEC regulations.
- FED Chairman Offers Lukewarm Response On Impact, Utility Of Existing Cryptocurrencies - July 20, 2018
- Boeing Brings In SparkCognition For Help Developing UAV Management Systems - July 19, 2018
- Nervos Network Nets Nearly $30 Million To Build Hybrid Blockchain Platform For Enterprise - July 19, 2018
- Chinese Blockchain Companies Continue To Flourish, If Only In Name - July 18, 2018
- G20 Report Outlines International Collaboration On Standards For Crypto-Assets - July 17, 2018
- Hong Kong Readies Regulator-Backed Trade Finance Platform - July 17, 2018
- RMB to BTC Trading Falls To 1%. Is China Really Out Of The Crypto Game? - July 16, 2018
- Chinese Internet Trends May Spell Trouble For “Disruptive” Crypto Payments - July 13, 2018
- LINE Plans July Cryptocurrency Exchange Launch - July 3, 2018
- McAfee Labs Report 6x Increase in Crypto Mining Malware Incidents in Q1 2018 - June 29, 2018
- Facebook Updates Policy To Allow Vetted Crypto Businesses to Advertise, ICOs Still Banned - June 27, 2018
- Following in Vitalik’s Footsteps? Polkadot’s Habermeier Awarded Thiel Fellowship - June 26, 2018
- SingularityNET and Project Shivom Using AI on Genomic Data to Extend Human Life - June 26, 2018
- Microsoft & EY partner for Royalty Distribution in Gaming - June 26, 2018
- Alibabacoin to Airdrop ABBC Tokens to First 500,000 Wallet Users - June 25, 2018
- Care Records of up to 30 Million UK NHS Patients go on Blockchain - June 25, 2018
- PundiX Signs UTRUST as Liquidity Clearing Provider for Crypto POS Hardware - June 22, 2018
- Blockchain on the Ballot: Indie Party Candidate Joins Texas Senate Race - June 21, 2018
- IONChain Aims to Challenge IOTA on a Chinese Battleground - June 19, 2018
- Takeaways From SEC Director’s Comments on Cryptocurrencies and Securities - June 19, 2018