Cybersecurity and internet of things (IoT) company WISeKey and Saudi Advanced Technologies (SAT) last announced the signing of a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) for the marketing and distribution of WISeKey’s offerings in Saudi Arabia.
The MoU states that WISeKey and SAT plan to implement a strategy to develop Saudi Arabia’s cybersecurity and IoT market. The goal of this work will also be to expand WISeKey’s presence in the Middle East.
WISeKey’s strategy has focused on the development of joint ventures with strategic partners as the company aims to ramp up its global expansion. Through this most recent partnership, WISeKey is set to launch its cybersecurity and IoT offerings in Saudi Arabia and other Middle Eastern economies that are experiencing high growth.
“The economic outlook for Saudi Arabia is very positive, and this MoU will enable WISeKey to address the growing demands of this modern market,” said Carlos Moreira, founder and CEO of WISeKey. “Through our partnership with SAT, we will be in an advantageous position to implement new state-of-the-art technologies and cybersecurity services in the region and help accelerate the growth of this market.”
The technology market in Saudi Arabia and throughout the Middle East provides significant opportunity for WISeKey to expand its presence, the company said. The region’s IoT and M2M Communication market is growing, and it is expected to reach USD 16 billion in 2019—a jump from USD 4.8 billion in 2014.
WISeKey’s alliance with SAT is expected to allow for additional collaborations with other companies in the region, the company said, and will lead to the development of a Root of Trust (RoT) and a Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) for WISeKey in Saudi Arabia, including a globally trusted Certification Authority within a security strategy framework. PKI provides the security necessary for electronic transactions, officials said.
- Gaimin Lets You Mine Crypto From a Gaming PC - May 24, 2018
- Investing Platform eToro Launches in US, Plans Gibraltar Expansion - May 21, 2018
- Top 20 US Blockchain Job Markets 2018 - May 18, 2018
- Bitfinex Teams up with Connamara for FIX Digital Asset Gateway Release - May 17, 2018
- IBM and Global Citizen Partner on Donation-Tracking Blockchain Platform - May 15, 2018
- Pioneering De Beers Blockchain Pilot Tracks Diamonds From Mine to Retail Outlet - May 11, 2018
- How Widespread is Cryptocurrency Ownership? Survey - May 10, 2018
- Gartner Survey Reveals Death of Current Blockchain Deployments - May 9, 2018
- Blockpass Partners with Scottish University for Research Lab - May 4, 2018
- Ripple Adds Five New xVia Customers to Global Payments Network - May 3, 2018
- WISeKey Partners With SAT to Expand Presence in Middle East - May 3, 2018
- One in Five Financial Firms Considering Crypto Trading: Thomson Reuters Survey - May 2, 2018
- Bitcoin ATM Network Coinsource Partners with Multi-Factor Authenticator Acuant - May 2, 2018
- WISeKey Teams Up with Soul Machines to Develop Humanlike Bot for Security Q&A - May 1, 2018
- Peoplewave Launches ICO Presale for Wavebase HR Platform - April 27, 2018
- Ether Capital Launches on NEO Exchange - April 27, 2018
- Frankl Launches Airdrop for Scientists and Students - April 25, 2018
- Crypto Exchange and Trading Platform VRBex Launches Presale - April 25, 2018
- Former Google Execs Form New Blockchain Alliance - April 23, 2018
- Blackmoon Launches Asset-Management Platform Services - April 20, 2018