Financial services provider Coinlist announced last week the launch of a new service to provide regulatory compliant Airdrop rewards to its users.
Until now, token issuers have had to worry and wonder whether their giveaways might still run afoul of existing US Securities regulations, with many organizations holding off from distributing tokens due to regulatory concerns. Airdrops by CoinList is an attempt to alleviate these concerns.
Airdrops distribute tokens to a wide group of future users of a network completely free of charge, or costing only the price of the receiving transaction. This allows users to test networks and functionality that would otherwise require buying tokens from an issuer in an initial coin offering (ICO) or purchasing tokens on exchanges – barriers that drive thousands of potential customers away. People are put off througn the inconvenience of added steps to using a service, regulatory concerns, or simple lack of knowledge of the product. Airdrops can also be used in tokenized equity, giving early users a stake in a business.
CoinList representatives said in a statement, “With most airdrops today, not only are they operating in a gray area — or worse — of the law, but they have no tool for telling you it’s happening or how to receive tokens. With Airdrops by CoinList, you’ll be proactively alerted when one of the issuers on the platform wants to give you access to tokens. We’re also allowing networks to grant you tokens based on what you decide to tell them about your location, profession, interests, and more.”
Token issuers interested in the CoinList Airdrop service can now sign up for early access.
- FED Chairman Offers Lukewarm Response On Impact, Utility Of Existing Cryptocurrencies - July 20, 2018
- Boeing Brings In SparkCognition For Help Developing UAV Management Systems - July 19, 2018
- Nervos Network Nets Nearly $30 Million To Build Hybrid Blockchain Platform For Enterprise - July 19, 2018
- Chinese Blockchain Companies Continue To Flourish, If Only In Name - July 18, 2018
- G20 Report Outlines International Collaboration On Standards For Crypto-Assets - July 17, 2018
- Hong Kong Readies Regulator-Backed Trade Finance Platform - July 17, 2018
- RMB to BTC Trading Falls To 1%. Is China Really Out Of The Crypto Game? - July 16, 2018
- Chinese Internet Trends May Spell Trouble For “Disruptive” Crypto Payments - July 13, 2018
- LINE Plans July Cryptocurrency Exchange Launch - July 3, 2018
- McAfee Labs Report 6x Increase in Crypto Mining Malware Incidents in Q1 2018 - June 29, 2018
- Facebook Updates Policy To Allow Vetted Crypto Businesses to Advertise, ICOs Still Banned - June 27, 2018
- Following in Vitalik’s Footsteps? Polkadot’s Habermeier Awarded Thiel Fellowship - June 26, 2018
- SingularityNET and Project Shivom Using AI on Genomic Data to Extend Human Life - June 26, 2018
- Microsoft & EY partner for Royalty Distribution in Gaming - June 26, 2018
- Alibabacoin to Airdrop ABBC Tokens to First 500,000 Wallet Users - June 25, 2018
- Care Records of up to 30 Million UK NHS Patients go on Blockchain - June 25, 2018
- PundiX Signs UTRUST as Liquidity Clearing Provider for Crypto POS Hardware - June 22, 2018
- Blockchain on the Ballot: Indie Party Candidate Joins Texas Senate Race - June 21, 2018
- IONChain Aims to Challenge IOTA on a Chinese Battleground - June 19, 2018
- Takeaways From SEC Director’s Comments on Cryptocurrencies and Securities - June 19, 2018