The Alibabacoin Foundation announced on Thursday an upcoming airdrop of ABBC coins starting July 2 and running through July 31, 2018. The first 500,000 users to download an ABBC wallet will receive 100 ABBC coins, from a total giveaway of 50,000,000.
The Alibabacoin wallet is a multi-currency wallet, allowing users to hold an abundance of different cryptocurrencies, while receiving an overview of the balance of their holdings as well as other statistics.
According to a statement, the wallet will be capable of holding Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Dash, Ethereum, Litecoin, Qtum, and Zcash and will facilitate exchange of one cryptocurrency for another and facial recognition software for an added layer of security.
Facial recognition will eventually become a cornerstone of the ABBC coin platform, allowing users to pay for goods and verify their identity for services using their unique facial structure.
The Foundation plans to, initially, target shopping malls for the rollout of this technology.
Additional features planned for the future include a full scale cryptocurrency exchange, an online shopping service, and instant crypto payments. All of these capabilities will be built using blockchain technology, eliminating the risk of security breaches into consumer data, payment data, or the stored coins themselves.
While Dubai-based Alibabacoin shares a name with the popular online ecommerce giant Alibaba, the two are not related. However, the Alibabacoin Foundation aims to make ABBC one of the most popular cryptocurrencies in the world, hoping to further that goal through the upcoming airdrop and other marketing strategies.
The airdrop was originally scheduled to begin June 15, but requests from multiple countries around the world caused the Foundation to push back the start date to provide information on their website in additional languages – originally to June 20, then subsequently to July.
- FED Chairman Offers Lukewarm Response On Impact, Utility Of Existing Cryptocurrencies - July 20, 2018
- Boeing Brings In SparkCognition For Help Developing UAV Management Systems - July 19, 2018
- Nervos Network Nets Nearly $30 Million To Build Hybrid Blockchain Platform For Enterprise - July 19, 2018
- Chinese Blockchain Companies Continue To Flourish, If Only In Name - July 18, 2018
- G20 Report Outlines International Collaboration On Standards For Crypto-Assets - July 17, 2018
- Hong Kong Readies Regulator-Backed Trade Finance Platform - July 17, 2018
- RMB to BTC Trading Falls To 1%. Is China Really Out Of The Crypto Game? - July 16, 2018
- Chinese Internet Trends May Spell Trouble For “Disruptive” Crypto Payments - July 13, 2018
- LINE Plans July Cryptocurrency Exchange Launch - July 3, 2018
- McAfee Labs Report 6x Increase in Crypto Mining Malware Incidents in Q1 2018 - June 29, 2018
- Facebook Updates Policy To Allow Vetted Crypto Businesses to Advertise, ICOs Still Banned - June 27, 2018
- Following in Vitalik’s Footsteps? Polkadot’s Habermeier Awarded Thiel Fellowship - June 26, 2018
- SingularityNET and Project Shivom Using AI on Genomic Data to Extend Human Life - June 26, 2018
- Microsoft & EY partner for Royalty Distribution in Gaming - June 26, 2018
- Alibabacoin to Airdrop ABBC Tokens to First 500,000 Wallet Users - June 25, 2018
- Care Records of up to 30 Million UK NHS Patients go on Blockchain - June 25, 2018
- PundiX Signs UTRUST as Liquidity Clearing Provider for Crypto POS Hardware - June 22, 2018
- Blockchain on the Ballot: Indie Party Candidate Joins Texas Senate Race - June 21, 2018
- IONChain Aims to Challenge IOTA on a Chinese Battleground - June 19, 2018
- Takeaways From SEC Director’s Comments on Cryptocurrencies and Securities - June 19, 2018