ICT service provider KPN has partnered with Dutch blockchain startup, Unchain to provide a technology stack to quickly build and deploy projects. This ‘blockchain-as-a-service stack’ will use Unchain’s Blockchain Gateway and will be built on the Microsoft Azure Stack, allowing customers to make enterprise-grade proofs-of-concept (POC).
KPN, which already offers Blockchain as a Service is looking to grow this element of its business, as part of its Hybrid Cloud offering. KPN has a comprehensive cloud environment based on its data centers in The Netherlands. Amsterdam-based Unchain are aiming to provide an easy, secure and open integration platform for enterprise-level clients.
Natalia Mackevicius, Director of Azure Stack, Microsoft, said, in a statement: “We’re proud that KPN looks to Microsoft Azure Stack as their trusted hybrid cloud foundation for their initiative with unchain.io, applying our cloud-based services into value-add solutions to meet their customer needs. Microsoft is committed to helping our customers simplify blockchain technology and implementations.”
The Blockchain Gateway is an integration platform which enables organizations to connect to their blockchain technology of choice. It is already being used in selected engagements through the companies’ Early Access Program.
Berit Fuss, Director of Ecosystem Development at Unchain, said, in a statement: “In the blockchain marketplace there is a clear need to take defined use-cases into a Proof-of-Concept in an easy, cost-effective manner. The announced service makes this a reality, by offering a user-friendly, trusted environment and from there the ability to grow successful PoC initiatives into pilot- and production environments.”
Microsoft has a long-standing relationship with KPN, which uses Azure Stack in its Hybrid Cloud Services. This enables KPN to run hybrid applications on-premises which meet performance or regulatory requirements.
- Neufund Partners with Binance and Malta Stock Exchange - July 23, 2018
- IBM Partners with Stablecoin Stronghold USD on Stellar Network - July 18, 2018
- New Blockchain Platform to Provide Digital Immortality - July 18, 2018
- NatWest Joins R3 Blockchain Finance Platform Marco Polo - July 17, 2018
- iXledger Offers New Blockchain Insurance with London Broker - July 16, 2018
- Tech Group MonetaryUnit to Acquire Flubit and Launch Crypto Marketplace - July 13, 2018
- Futuristic, Blockchain-Powered, Algae-Coated Towers Proposed for Hangzhou - July 11, 2018
- Unchain Teams with KPN and Microsoft for Enterprise Blockchain Solutions - July 11, 2018
- Zen Protocol Launches Mainnet Genesis Block - July 10, 2018
- Palladium Launches Regulated ICCO for Institutional Investors - July 10, 2018
- Malta Approves Three Regulatory Bills to Encourage Crypto Adoption - July 5, 2018
- Ron Paul: “Crypto can Bring Back Gold Standard” - July 4, 2018
- EU Report Blasts Economists Who Criticize Cryptocurrencies - July 3, 2018
- VeChain Launches Thor Blockchain. Token Swap Set for Mid-July - July 3, 2018
- Galaxy Digital Invests $20 Million in Blockchain Virtual Reality Platform - July 2, 2018
- DNAtix Pilot Blockchain Technology for Preventative Healthcare - June 28, 2018
- Regulatory Clarity Will Have a Snowball Effect on Institutional Investors - June 28, 2018
- New Platforms Open Up Smart Contracts to Non-Developers - June 28, 2018
- Hyperledger Executive Explores Real-World Uses of Blockchain - June 28, 2018
- Blockchain Tech set to “Overthrow” Current Banking System: ABM AMRO Exec - June 28, 2018