Colorado based energy tech company, Grid7 has been awarded almost $1 million USD in grant money by the US Department of Energy to fund its efforts to develop a decentralized energy grid.
The news was announced in a government press release, Monday. The company is one of 95 grant recipients, which the DOE said will advance national and energy security.
Grid7’s project, E-Blockchain: A Scalable Platform for Secure Energy Transactions and Control, aims to use blockchain technology to address power plant cybersecurity issues and explore how a decentralized approach can improve the reliability of energy networks.
The exact sum being awarded is $999,363 USD, part of the total $95 million USD made available to 80 small businesses across the US, as part of the DOE’s Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) and Small Business Technology Transfer (STTR) programs.
Grid7 was among the selections for a Phase II research and development grant, having demonstrated the technical feasibility for its innovation during phase one of the process. It had to compete for this additional funding, which will be over a period of two years. Grid7 had already received a $150,000 USD grant from the earlier phase, according to the DOE data.
- Civil Wants to Make News More Ethical - July 23, 2018
- GeTS Links ASEAN and China with Cross Border Trade Blockchain - July 20, 2018
- A SVPER Secure Instant Video Dating Network - July 20, 2018
- Change Launches Mobile App for Fee-Free Crypto Trading - July 20, 2018
- IAB Tech Lab Lifts Veil on Digital Advertising Potential - July 19, 2018
- Grid7 Gets $1 Million DOE Grant for Decentralized Energy Grid - July 19, 2018
- Seth Shapiro’s Blockchain TV Platform Wants to Improve on Netflix with “Proof of Engagement” - July 19, 2018
- Korean Fund Hashed Backs Ad Platform XCHNG - July 18, 2018
- TaTaTu is Giving Away $50 Million in Tokens - July 17, 2018
- CoinFlip Adds Dash to US Crypto ATM Network - July 17, 2018
- UK Can Become Blockchain Leader by 2022: Report - July 17, 2018
- Tezos Offers Innovation Grants for Platform Projects - July 16, 2018
- Content Protection Platform Typerium Files Patents - July 16, 2018
- 4NEW is Mining Crypto with Waste Power - July 16, 2018
- Fujitsu’s Business Analysis Service Offers Speedy Crypto Project Review - July 13, 2018
- Binance Backs Malta’s Decentralized Founders Bank - July 13, 2018
- Self-Regulation is an Option for Crypto Exchanges: AEI - July 12, 2018
- Pundi X Puts POS in Hong Kong Restaurants - July 12, 2018
- TokenPay Strikes Deal With Litecoin to Buy Stake in WEG Bank - July 12, 2018
- ConsenSys Joins Blockchain Consortium to Disrupt Mineral Trading - July 11, 2018