This strategic partnership allows qiibee to harness the power of Confimprese’s extensive relationships with some of the world’s most renowned brands across the homeware, electronics, entertainment, clothing, F&B, and health and wellness sectors.
Confimprese’s members include fast food giant KFC, coffee maker Lavazza, and the largest publishing house in Italy, Mondadori. Disney, Pandora, and petrol station network, Agip, which has more than 6,000 points of sale in Italy, are also listed among its customer base.
Founded in 1999, Confimprese aims to protect the interests of companies within the association by supporting their development both in Italy and abroad. Today, the Italian Retail Association represents more than 300 commercial brands, 30,000 points of sale, 600,000 operators, and its member companies account for 16% of total retail turnover.
“Having worked in the retail industry for more than 20 years, I have witnessed industry challenges, opportunities, and trends that go hand-in-hand with running a business. What qiibee are doing is revolutionary, and I am convinced that this is the type of development that is necessary for the next generation of retail companies in Italy to evolve,” said Mario Resca, President of Confimprese.
“Loyalty programs today have a call-to-action issue as most customers are only compelled to think about loyalty points at the point of purchase. With qiibee, the customer journey is turned on its head as loyalty points remain at the forefront of customers’ minds, driving them to make purchases and propelling them to be advocates of the loyalty ecosystem. Repeat custom is the basis of traditional loyalty programs, however this often results in customers waiting a significant length of time to claim a free coffee for example. With qiibee, customers are presented with a greater variety of reward options, including the ability to exchange their loyalty points for cryptocurrency or fiat, which could potentially rise in value,” he continued.
qiibee’s services have already been offered to Confimprese’s 300 members, with negotiations ongoing.
Co-founder and CEO of qiibee, Gabriele Giancola, said qiibee’s protocol not only enhances security by using blockchain technology, but also allows customers to earn real value by enabling them to sell their loyalty tokens for other cryptocurrencies or fiat.
“Within the qiibee ecosystem, customers will always have full control of, and transparency about, their loyalty programs and tokens. We want to offer Confimprese and its member brands the possibility of engaging with blockchain technology without the need for cost-intensive integration for brands or an upfront investment for customers,” Giancola concluded.
- New Zealand’s Cryptopia Exchange Packs It In – Announces Liquidation - May 15, 2019
- Canadian Blockchain Expert Alex Tapscott and NextBlock Global Limited to Pay $1M for Misleading Investors - May 15, 2019
- ObEN Launches AI Newscaster With 3D “Satoshi” Avatar to Deliver Content via PAI News App - May 14, 2019
- Leading Freelance Platform Moonlighting Announces First Blockchain Integration Partner – Teams with HireVibes For EOSIO Solution - May 14, 2019
- Polish-UK Blockchain Company Billon awarded €2 million euro from EU to build DLT Document System - May 14, 2019
- City of Belfast and Colu Team up to Create City Loyalty Token to Boost Local Economy and Environment - May 8, 2019
- Fidelity Investments – to Launch Cryptocurrency Trading Desk Soon – Recent Report Shows Clients Want To Trade Digital Assets - May 8, 2019
- Consensys Accelerates Blockchain Investment Portfolio, Consolidates Investment Arms - May 8, 2019
- IBM to Track Fresh Shrimp on the Blockchain - May 8, 2019
- Binance Cryptocurrency Exchange Hacked for 7000 BTC (USD $40 million) - May 8, 2019
- Gate.io Reports Success on First Three Successful IEO Projects - May 8, 2019
- Deloitte and RIDDLE&CODE expand partnership to enable the Token Economy - May 8, 2019
- Alprockz Partners with Fusion Foundation to Accelerate Swiss Franc-backed Stablecoin - May 6, 2019
- Major Canadian Banks Choose Blockchain Solution for Identity Verification - May 6, 2019
- Big Pharma Giant Pfizer and Others Join Life Sciences and Healthcare Blockchain Project MediLedger - May 6, 2019
- Craig Wright Pressured to Produce Evidence of Bitcoin and Blind Trust in the Dave Kleiman vs Craig Wright 1.1 Million BTC Court Case - May 6, 2019
- Facebook Kicks Off with their New Cryptocurrency Project Libra - May 6, 2019
- Vanbex Fights Back Against Asset Seizure in Civil Case by Suing Former Contractor for Libel - May 6, 2019
- Philippines’ CEZA Awards ADAX Rights to Open a Security Token Issuance platform and Security Trading Exchange - May 6, 2019
- Bitfinex $1 Billion IEO Details Leaked – Plans To Use Money To Cover Frozen Funds - May 6, 2019