This strategic partnership allows qiibee to harness the power of Confimprese’s extensive relationships with some of the world’s most renowned brands across the homeware, electronics, entertainment, clothing, F&B, and health and wellness sectors.
Confimprese’s members include fast food giant KFC, coffee maker Lavazza, and the largest publishing house in Italy, Mondadori. Disney, Pandora, and petrol station network, Agip, which has more than 6,000 points of sale in Italy, are also listed among its customer base.
Founded in 1999, Confimprese aims to protect the interests of companies within the association by supporting their development both in Italy and abroad. Today, the Italian Retail Association represents more than 300 commercial brands, 30,000 points of sale, 600,000 operators, and its member companies account for 16% of total retail turnover.
“Having worked in the retail industry for more than 20 years, I have witnessed industry challenges, opportunities, and trends that go hand-in-hand with running a business. What qiibee are doing is revolutionary, and I am convinced that this is the type of development that is necessary for the next generation of retail companies in Italy to evolve,” said Mario Resca, President of Confimprese.
“Loyalty programs today have a call-to-action issue as most customers are only compelled to think about loyalty points at the point of purchase. With qiibee, the customer journey is turned on its head as loyalty points remain at the forefront of customers’ minds, driving them to make purchases and propelling them to be advocates of the loyalty ecosystem. Repeat custom is the basis of traditional loyalty programs, however this often results in customers waiting a significant length of time to claim a free coffee for example. With qiibee, customers are presented with a greater variety of reward options, including the ability to exchange their loyalty points for cryptocurrency or fiat, which could potentially rise in value,” he continued.
qiibee’s services have already been offered to Confimprese’s 300 members, with negotiations ongoing.
Co-founder and CEO of qiibee, Gabriele Giancola, said qiibee’s protocol not only enhances security by using blockchain technology, but also allows customers to earn real value by enabling them to sell their loyalty tokens for other cryptocurrencies or fiat.
“Within the qiibee ecosystem, customers will always have full control of, and transparency about, their loyalty programs and tokens. We want to offer Confimprese and its member brands the possibility of engaging with blockchain technology without the need for cost-intensive integration for brands or an upfront investment for customers,” Giancola concluded.
- US FDA Looks to Blockchain Technology to Secure Drug Supply Chain - February 15, 2019
- Nexo Lending to Offer Crypto-Backed Loans with Blockport Exchange - February 12, 2019
- Chainalysis Secures $30M Investment Led by Accel to Pave Way for Next Wave of Cryptocurrency Growth - February 12, 2019
- EUIPO Launches Forum on Using Blockchain for Counterfeiting - February 12, 2019
- Singapore’s NodeSwap Teams up with NY’s NODE40 - February 12, 2019
- New Release: Oracle Adds New Features to their Enterprise Blockchain - February 12, 2019
- Fetch.AI joins the IoT Alliance With Bosch, Cisco and Others to Accelerate IoT - February 7, 2019
- Dr. Bernard Lietaer – Monetary Visionary, Futurist, Author, RIP - February 5, 2019
- Fetch.AI To Launch Token Sale on Binance Launchpad to Build Intelligent Machine-to-Machine Economy - February 1, 2019
- Philippines Introduces New Rules for ICOs, STOs and Cryptocurrencies - January 31, 2019
- Evernym Cuts Deal with Red Cross and other Nonprofits Who Will Work with their Self-Sovereign Digital ID Solution - January 30, 2019
- Evident Proof Receives ‘Highly Commended’ Listing at the UK Innovation and Entrepreneurship Award Category at the 2018 UK IT Industry Awards - January 30, 2019
- Plato Technologies and Blackmoon Team Up to Expedite Launching of New ‘On-the-fly’ ETx’s - January 30, 2019
- Amnis Ventures backs CloseCross Raises $3 Million USD to Transform Financial Derivatives Market - January 30, 2019
- Distilled Identity and Emerge Announce Technology Partnership to Solve Global Identity Crisis for Refugees - January 22, 2019
- Satellite Project SpaceChain Concludes the First Qtum Blockchain Transaction in Space - January 22, 2019
- AAX Digital Asset Exchange to be Powered by London Stock Exchange Group Technology - January 22, 2019
- Amsterdam’s Blockport Launches Full Featured Trading Platform - January 22, 2019
- Swarm Offers Free Issuance of Security Tokens - January 21, 2019
- London’s Blockchain Conference; Blockchain Expo Global Exhibition announces expert speakers - January 21, 2019