A mobile mining app from the team at Electroneum, the world’s first enablement cryptocurrency, has now been downloaded by more than one million people worldwide– a statistic which brings it to the top one percent of mobile apps in the world.
Electroneum’s app, which enables users to mine, but also transfer its digital currency, ETN, through their phones, is one of only 25,271 out of the 3.8m apps in the Google Play store to have more than one million installations.
It broke the million-download mark merely nine months after it was launched and has been downloaded by people in 200 countries across the world.
“One of the key reasons that our app is so popular is that it makes cryptocurrency accessible,” says Electroneum CEO Richard Ells. “Anyone with a smartphone can download it and start mining and transferring ETN straightaway – giving people the chance to engage with cryptocurrency quickly and simply.
“The fact that people in 200 countries across the world have downloaded this app shows there is a real appetite for this type of technology and for access to cryptocurrency – and predict it’s only going to get bigger.”
He continues: “One million app users is a great start – particularly as our blockchain has only been live for nine months – but we’re aiming for more. We want to become a global enablement currency and the only way we’ll achieve this is through mass adoption – and the route we’re looking at involves the growing mobile payment market.
“Providing instant electronic payments, via a smartphone app, allows people without bank accounts – who are known as the unbanked – to access the digital world and improve their lives.”
With a hybrid model of fintech & blockchain cryptocurrency, the Electroneum team are building a suite of products to help the unbanked. One of these products is a website which will allow people to earn money through their digital skills, for example creating content and selling it to Western businesses for use on their social media channels.
Richard Ells continues: “There’s a huge demand for digital skills in the West – businesses need social media content but don’t have the resources to create it themselves. We’re trying to act as a bridge between them and the people who have the skills to create it to open up a new market to a new set of suppliers.
“If you look at websites like Fiverr and People Per Hour there is a growing demand for people to do this type of work. And the money that could be made from doing it could make a real difference to people in developing countries – especially in areas where the monthly income is around $100. In places like this, the ability to earn another three dollars – or the cryptocurrency equivalent – by taking on this type of work could have a real impact.
“In the long term, we want to create an environment where people can earn a few dollars’ worth of ETN for spending an hour or two creating a piece of content on their phones and then spend it on mobile airtime, other digital purchases or even in shops and stores. It’s a very ambitious aim, but we’re well on the way to doing it, which can make a real difference to people’s lives.
- Transform Group CEO Michael Terpin Named one of the Most Respected ICO Advisors and Influencers - November 10, 2018
- WISeKey Announces Release of WISePhone, the First Ever Secure Android Blockchain Phone with Cryptocurrency Payment Capabilities - November 9, 2018
- WISeKey Announces WISfans, a Platform that Deters Counterfeiting of Branded Sports merchandise and Connects Clubs with their Fans - November 8, 2018
- Radiant Earth Foundation teams up with Blockchain software company ConsenSys to Make Geospatial Data More Accessible - November 8, 2018
- A Class Action Lawsuit Has Been Filed Against India Globalization Capital, Inc. by Gainey and McKenna & Egleston - November 7, 2018
- Blockchain used to empower African smallholder farmers to enter the global food market - November 6, 2018
- Blockchain Company Reveals a Powerful Fitness App Aiming to Reward Workouts with Tokens. - November 2, 2018
- WeedMD and Blockstrain launch Proprietary Genome Tracking Software to Protect Cannabis Genetics & Intellectual Property - October 25, 2018
- Richard Branson’s Extreme Tech Challenge announces 2018 Winner of its fourth annual Competition on Necker Island - October 25, 2018
- Investx stabilizes Token by adopting Holo’s Ethical ICO model - October 25, 2018
- MIT Silvio Micali’s Algorand announces $62M in Funding and Appoints new Executive Team - October 24, 2018
- Partnership between Charity Game Master and SilverLogic Marks Beginning of a Worldwide Charity Health Network - October 22, 2018
- Blockchain-enabled supply chain platform ensures legal flow of products through the Canadian cannabis market - October 19, 2018
- New Documentary Funded by Crypto Shows People’s Problems and Tangible Solutions through Blockchain - October 19, 2018
- Number of Blockchain Startups have Tripled In Israel - October 18, 2018
- Report sheds new Light on Participation or Involvement of Celebrities in Blockchain and ICOs - October 18, 2018
- Record Rate of New Crypto Hedge Fund Launches in 2018 - October 17, 2018
- Woz U and BlockGeeks Announce New Partnership, offering Career Training with Expertise in Blockchain Technology. - October 15, 2018
- VNX Exchange announces Partnership with NEM, Bridging the Gap between the Mainstream Financial Industry and the Crypto-economy - October 12, 2018
- Health Data Tokenization could Transform the Future of Healthcare - October 12, 2018