WISeKey International Holding Ltd, a Swiss based cybersecurity and IoT company, is announcing the release of its new WISfans platform with secure Near Field Communication (NFC). The technology offers the sports industry a powerful tool to deter counterfeiting of branded merchandise, increase sales and enhance fan interaction.
According to Forbes, the 20 most valuable soccer teams in the world generated an average of $428 million in revenue during the 2016-2017 season, which is 40% more than five years ago. Part of this revenue comes from the sale of branded merchandise.
It is estimated that more than half of the world’s population, approximately 4.0 billion people, consider themselves to be soccer fans, making it the most popular sport in the world. While sales of branded merchandise for the sports industry continue to grow, counterfeiting has become a major issue for clubs and their fans. WISeKeys’ WISfans and its NanoSealRT/VaultIC155 NFC tags/tokens provide sports clubs with a consistent robust way to protect their brands from counterfeiting, while reinforcing their interaction with fans. Specifically, WISfans helps sports clubs to improve engagement with fans: through a digital ‘clubhouse’ ecosystem that taps into a sport franchise’s fan base. It helps protect their brand: WISeKey’s WISfans now comes with the Company’s award winning WISeAuthentic original module for digital brand protection. Increase sales: Through the platform, fans can also click through to ticketing, merchandise purchase and sponsor sites.
“WISeKey’s proven track record and expertise in brand protection and digital identity management is now available to the sports industry for growing revenue and expanding interaction with fans,” said Olivier Debelleix, Director of Brand Protection & Wearable Security Business Unit for WISeKey. “Nowadays, clubs are looking for high-tech tools to secure long term fan retention and loyalty and build relationships which can positively impact their team’s profitability. WISeKey is their natural partner.”
- ConsenSys and WWF Panda Labs Team up on Project Impactio To Drive and Fund Social Innovation - October 2, 2019
- Codebase focusing Investments on Cannabis sector and Blockchain Ventures - July 28, 2019
- Canadian City Council Enters Agreement with Coinberry to Accept Bitcoin for Tax Payments - July 19, 2019
- BitPay Processed More Than $37 Million in Bitcoin Donations Since 2017 - June 24, 2019
- Generous Donation of $120,000 in Bitcoin by Anonymous Donor Very Well Received by Bitcoin.org - May 30, 2019
- ARK Launches the ARK Deployer, an Open Source Tool to Create a Blockchain in 3 Simple Steps - May 28, 2019
- Bitbond, a Global Lending Platform, Launches STO to Support Small Businesses in Asia with Loans - May 28, 2019
- Famous Swiss Watchmaker, Franck Muller Launches the World’s First Bitcoin Watch - May 25, 2019
- Facebook’s GlobalCoin Allegedly to be introduced in 2020 - May 24, 2019
- Mobile Carrier AT&T to Accept Online Payment Options in Cryptocurrency with BitPay - May 24, 2019
- Consumers Can Now Buy Bitcoin with Cash at 2,200 Coinstar Kiosks Located Inside Grocery Stores - May 24, 2019
- Visa Token Service Acquired by Eleven New Partners for Enhanced Consumer Confidence in the E-Commerce Space - May 23, 2019
- Voyager Announces Integration of Ledger Vault’s Asset Management System into its Crypto Trading Platform - May 22, 2019
- VeganNation Welcomes Game of Thrones Actor Jerome Flynn to its Advisory Board to Unite the Vegan Community - May 21, 2019
- Huobi Honors Bitcoin Pizza Day by Selling Bitcoin 50% off Market Price & Prime 3 Launch - May 18, 2019
- Dutch Multi City Blockchain Week to be First of its Kind with Events Hosted All Over the Country - May 17, 2019
- Partnership between Travala.com and Bitcoin.com Empowers Travelers to Save on Hotel Stays and Pay Directly with Leading Cryptocurrencies - May 16, 2019
- Q2 Holdings Announces the Launch of Q2 TrustView, a new Governance and Protection Technology for Banking and Lending - May 15, 2019
- First Security Token Blockchain called Polymesh announced by Polymath at Consensus New York 2019 - May 14, 2019
- Facebook lifts Crypto Ad Ban, One Year after the Social Media Giant Banned all Ads Related to Blockchain and Cryptocurrencies - May 9, 2019