Backed by an all star team, blockchain, and crowdfunding veterans, Roel Wolfert (Bancor, VISA) and Martijn Hekman (World Vision, United Nations), are thrilled to announce the launch of WHIRL, a socially driven crowdfunding platform that’s built on the blockchain. WHIRL gives the world a new way to finance their dreams and obligations, while introducing a revolutionary incentive system to encourage giving and to maximize campaign success.
Powered by a team of 20 with support from an extensive business network, WHIRL launches after years of research, and a year and a half of development with thorough legal vetting as the market’s first credible blockchain-powered consumer crowdfunding platform.
WHIRL is co-founded by Roel Wolfert, a pioneer in digital payments, founding member of Liqwith, early adviser to Bancor, and former Senior VP at VISA, and Martijn Hekman, who has led large-scale humanitarian aid efforts across 15 countries, for World Vision, the United Nations, and multiple NGOs.
“Consumer crowdfunding was an original use case for blockchain technology, and today we realize its promise and potential with WHIRL,” says co-founder Roel Wolfert, “But we didn’t stop there. WHIRL is built to unite the world in mutual self-support and create a platform with real social impact that helps people realize their dreams.”
Over the last decade, crowdfunding has stagnated due to over-saturation, fraud, and declining success rates. WHIRL solves these problems by only listing a limited number of campaigns at once, and by giving backers incentive with a fair and transparent points system, called “Karma.” When you back a campaign on WHIRL you earn Karma. Then when it’s your turn to create a campaign to realize your dream, your Karma determines when it goes live and how much it can raise. This new ‘pay it forward feedback loop’ was inspired by historic community giving pools.
“WHIRL offers a fully realized and disruptive alternative to the bank loans of yesterday,” says co-founder Roel Wolfert, “without taking on debt, you can use it to fund anything: scientific endeavors, art projects, Olympic dreams, education, travel, medical bills, and new business ideas. It is fueled by the mantra that the more you give, the more you receive.”
As a socially driven platform, WHIRL helps individuals raise money for their dreams and obligations without having to beg friends and family for donations, ship gimmicky rewards, or take out expensive and often crippling bank loans. And it will help nonprofit organizations by increasing their exposure and giving them access to an immediate a new source of capital. Every nonprofit approved by WHIRL receives special campaign placement slots, no platform fees, and gifting backers with bonus Karma.
“As someone who’s led global humanitarian relief efforts in Syria, Iraq, and Afghanistan, I know first hand how difficult it is for global nonprofits to receive and distribute aid,” says CEO and co-founder Martijn Hekman, “we built WHIRL to help nonprofits and populations who’ve been left out of the crowdfunding revolution due to their geography and banking conditions.”
- Blockchain in healthcare market is Expected to Reach $890.5 Million by 2023 due to Increasing Number of Partnerships and Collaborations - February 12, 2019
- Coinify Introduces myCoinify, a B2C service For Individual Traders - February 12, 2019
- Yosemite X has Announced the First Open Source Public Blockchain that Operates without a Native Cryptocurrency - February 8, 2019
- Global Investment Advisory Company says much more Stable STO might merge with, or Entirely Replace IPO - February 8, 2019
- The Chamber of Digital Commerce and Blockchain Association of Canada Join for a Stronger and more Coordinated Blockchain Ecosystem - February 6, 2019
- US Merchants can now Accept Crypytocurrency Payments from their Customers, With Fee Free Cryptocurrency Point of Sale Payment Ecosystem - February 6, 2019
- Former Last.fm’s founder shakes up user privacy access with new Slant on blockchain technology - January 31, 2019
- New Report by BlockchainDefender Links Lack of Trust in Cryptocurrency Industry to Dwindling Coin Prices - January 31, 2019
- VX Network introduces a new Crypto Based, Monopoly-Style Board Game called Crypto Marble - January 30, 2019
- China Ranked first in World of Blockchain and AI Patents Being Filed – USA Runner-up - January 24, 2019
- Block.one Releases EOSIO 1.6.0, Transaction Processing Speeds Could Increase up to 35% - January 24, 2019
- First Cannabis Validation Testing Program Reaches Markets to Create Much Needed Transparency - January 23, 2019
- Eurasian Resources Group is Piloting Blockchain Based Solution on the IBM Blockchain Platform - January 21, 2019
- Coinstar to Give Consumers a Convenient and Easy Way to Buy Bitcoin at Coinstar®Kiosks - January 18, 2019
- Tech Firm IBM and MineHub Join to Build Blockchain-Based Platform for More Efficient Metals & Mining Supply Chain Solution - January 17, 2019
- Former Director of Mobile for TripAdvisor and Viator Joins KeyoCoin Team to Help Build Intuitive Mobile Booking Platform - January 10, 2019
- Project PAI Blockchain Protocol and Blockfolio Signal Beta, Create Platform for AI-Powered 3D Avatars - December 17, 2018
- Nigerian Start-up Announces Revolutionary Global Decentralized Health Platform With A Distributed Blockchain - December 15, 2018
- CEO of Panxora Warns: ‘Draconian’ Regulatory Measures Could Risk Losing Control of Crypto in US - December 13, 2018
- Lancor Scientific Links Use of a Digital Token to Global Blockchain-based Cancer Screening Registry - December 13, 2018