Reto Trinkler, Cofounder of Melonport, a board member of the Web3 Foundation, and Forbes 30 under 30 in 2018, has announced a new project called Katallassos, designed to be a new standard framework for originating and issuing financial instruments and financial services, which will be the flagship project of Trinkler Software.
The Katallassos project builds on top of the ACTUS standard, a modelling paradigm in which standardized Contract Types (CTs) are the granular building blocks of the financial world. ACTUS aims to raise this standardization to a universal and global level.
Derivatives are the largest class of financial products in the world with an estimated global market value between $544 trillion to $1.2 quadrillion.
Derivatives are financial contracts between two or more parties that derive their value based upon an underlying financial asset, set of assets, or entity. These underlying instruments can be anything from securities to commodities to stocks to interest rates and the derivative contract can represent anything from futures contracts, stock options, forward contracts, swaps, and more.
Currently, in the centralized banking world, derivative financial instruments are handled by custodians and executed in a centralised setting, requiring the inherent trust of the party or institution facilitating the contract. The option of decentralised and non-custodial execution of derivatives within the context of a standard on a blockchain network has clear and concise advantages for all parties involved in the transaction, including:
- Access to any financial service from a single account.
- No waiting time for bank transfers between accounts and brokerages and exchanges.
- The automated execution of financial contracts.
A continuous real-time synchronized single golden source of truth for all secondary market analytics and reporting. Meaning the next housing bubble could be prevented due to better macroeconomic oversight.
The Katallassos project will be a community-based initiative that will integrate with many existing blockchain applications and projects as well as traditional banking infrastructure to truly leverage the perfect functionality of blockchain for derivatives. For developers, Katallassos will handle everything on the backend while enabling access to a full suite of financial products, services, and users that are integrated with the system and interact using the universal ACTUS standard.
From the POV of the developer: no need to worry about the backend, Katallassos deals with everything. And, in the future, access to the entire network/ecosystem. That means all the users and a host of other service providers to help you run your business.
“Our goal with Katallassos is to create a specialised blockchain that will act as a bridge between the traditional financial system and the decentralised world, allowing them to easily interact with one another,” said Reto Trinkler, Founder and CEO of Trinkler Software AG. “To do this we are taking a tried and true financial contract classification standard and are creating tooling for it as well as a decentralized execution environment around it.”
The name ‘Katallassos’ is derived from the word ‘catallactics’, a term first coined by Austrian Economist Ludwig Von Mises. It is an economic theory that quantifies the scope of economics using human action as a metric for measuring an economy’s state. The greater the amount of action or participation, the healthier the state of the economy. Trinkler Software chose to build tools for a catallactic society to help contribute to a healthier economy.
To learn more visit: https://katallassos.com/
- eToro Acquires Smart Contract Infrastructure Provider Firmo - March 25, 2019
- UPS to work with Blockchain Company Inxeption - March 25, 2019
- Kik’s Kin Cuts Deal with MadLipz and its 40m Short Form Video Creators - March 21, 2019
- Former Prime Minister of Denmark Joins Blockchain Identity Project Concordium as Strategic Advisor - March 20, 2019
- US National Pork Board and RIPE.IO Partner to Improve Sustainability, Quality, Traceability, Waste and Fraud in the Industry - March 20, 2019
- Sumner Global Launches $100M Securitized Token Offering (STO) in Middle East - March 20, 2019
- Editorial: The Rumours of ICOs’ Death Have Been Greatly Exaggerated - March 18, 2019
- French NCC Deploy IBM Blockchain For Commercial and Corporate Registries - March 15, 2019
- Bcause, To Launch Full-stack Cryptocurrency Ecosystem On Nasdaq - March 13, 2019
- SEC – Ethereum is Not a Security - March 13, 2019
- US Treasury Sanctions One of Russia’s Biggest Commercial Banks Over Backing of Venezuela’s Cryptocurrency, Petro - March 13, 2019
- Fetch.AI Solves ‘Blockchain Trilemma’ with Novel Approach to Reaching Consensus - March 13, 2019
- Boerse Stuttgart Group Cut Deal with solarisBank to Develop Crypto Trading Platform - March 12, 2019
- ECCU Plans to Issue World’s First Blockchain-Based Central Bank Digital Currency in the Caribbean - March 12, 2019
- Blockchain Video Company Linius Connects Prototype to Blockchain-Centric Video Player - March 12, 2019
- Emaar, One of the World’s Largest Property Companies, Plans Loyalty and Referral Token - March 11, 2019
- European Commission Offering 32 Blockchain Startups €200.000 Equity-Free Cash for Citizen Data Control Decentralised Solutions - March 11, 2019
- One of World’s Largest Asset Managers ($2.46 trillion) Fidelity, Launches Bitcoin Service - March 11, 2019
- eToro Officially Launches Crypto Trading Platform & Wallet in the U.S. - March 7, 2019
- Smilo Platform Launches Mainnet – Decentralized, GDPR compliant, Hybrid, Multipurpose - March 7, 2019