Tide, a non-profit foundation building a decentralized personal data economy, today announced Tide Protocol, a new open-source marketplace that transforms personal data and privacy from a liability into a mutually profitable asset, for businesses, data seekers as well as consumers. First-of-its-kind in its field, Tide Protocol can be integrated into any business’ existing data management systems, encrypting user information, so that it is inaccessible to anyone without consumer permission.
Tide Uses forked EOS nodes, smart contracts and additional proprietary decentralized layers to manage permissioned access to encrypted consumer data stored by businesses (vendors). Tide’s proprietary encryption, governed by those permissions on the blockchain allows individual consumers to own their data and hold the only key to decrypt it.
Through this Blockchain technology Tide can effectively solve the data industry’s biggest problems by offering an integrated system that allows businesses to manage risks and reduce costs associated with data compliance. It allows consumers to completely control, share and monetize their data, and provides organizations seeking data with the most targeted and accurate information to optimize lead conversion.
“Businesses, marketers and consumers have all lost faith in the current ‘data exhaust’ driven economy, which has been plagued by big data breaches, inaccurate information, and illegal selling and sharing of consumer data,” said Issac Elnekave, Co-Founder of Tide. “Tide offers a win-win-win solution. Our technology is driving a new personal data economy by simultaneously addressing data ownership by consumers, revenue-generating and cost minimization for businesses, and reliability for organizations seeking data.”
Tide allows consumers to seize ownership and control of their personal data. Using Tide Protocol, businesses encrypt consumer data and hand consumers the only key, enabling them to control who, what and when data is shared. For third-party data inquiries, Tide sends a consent request from directly within the businesses’ user interface to each consumer within a targeted demographic. Once consumer permission is granted, Tide facilitates the sharing of specific data with third parties in exchange for monetary compensation that is stored in a user-friendly fiat-like wallet already built within the user experience. This transaction fosters new levels of trust between consumers and businesses, cultivating a data marketplace where consumers drive the monetization of their own data without friction.
“While we all deserve a human right to privacy, we’re witnessing the disastrous results of data breaches and growing distrust amongst consumers; and it’s time to take a modernized approach,” said Issac Elnekave, Co-Founder of Tide. “With Tide Protocol, we’ve developed a solution using breakthrough technologies to completely rethink how businesses and third-parties engage with the data economy, prioritizing privacy, granting control to consumers, and incentivizing all parties to protect and share data in a way that not only aids compliance, but offers profitability for all parties involved.”
Tide is founded by a team of entrepreneurs and experts across technology, finance, marketing and telecommunications, who are striving to set a new standard for secure, consensual and privacy compliant personal data economy.
- Blockchain-based Entertainment Platform ‘Blue Baikal’ opens Pre-Registration Event Connecting Producers, Influencers and Consumers - March 26, 2019
- French Crypto-Friendly Pacte Law Passes Second Reading in National Assembly, Senate Next - March 25, 2019
- Bamboo Capital Partners, Government of Togo and Moeda Seeds Bank Join to Launch the Bloc fund to Consolidate Social Development - March 25, 2019
- Western Union Joins Stellar Partner Thunes to Use Blockchain to Speed Up Transfers - March 25, 2019
- Dragonchain Announces Partnership with Humanitarian Organization M2030, Facilitating Donation Processes with Blockchain to Fight Malaria - March 21, 2019
- PUBLIQ Named Finalist by UK Parliamentary Group for Blockchain Application in Media Category - March 20, 2019
- FashionTV Leaps into the World of Blockchain by Partnering up with Decentralized E-commerce Platform WAAM - March 20, 2019
- Kudelski Security Announces Partnership with Hosho To Secure Blockchain Ecosystems - March 19, 2019
- Blockchain Goes Hollywood is Expected to Attract Blockchain and Crypto Experts, Investors and Celebrities to Epic multi-day Event - March 19, 2019
- Blockmason and Bitsonic Announce Token Generation Event for BLINK, Link’s Utility Token - March 15, 2019
- DX Exchange and Perlin Network Bring Tokenized Apple and Facebook Stocks to Empower a vast new Population of Retail Investors on the Blockchain - March 15, 2019
- Forte And Xpring create $100 Million Fund To stimulate Mainstream Use Of Blockchain In Games - March 13, 2019
- Private Jet Instant Booking Platform Announces Security Token Offering (STO) - March 12, 2019
- Samsung SDS is announcing its plans to innovate in various fields with Blockchain and Intelligent Process Automation - March 12, 2019
- The Fourth Global ICO / STO Report tells us ICOs are Growing Less, but Growing Up - March 11, 2019
- Zilliqa joins Student Organisation at King’s College London to Launch Blockchain A-Z Workshops - March 9, 2019
- Alfa-Bank and the Marco Polo Network join to Optimize Trade Finance with Blockchain technology - March 7, 2019
- Insolar Launches Testnet 1.1 making it the most Scalable Enterprise Blockchain Platform - March 6, 2019
- New Decentralized Social Network Platform Creary rewards Creatives and curators for sharing Digital Art - March 6, 2019
- Tide protocol launches Open Source Data Marketplace to Make Privacy Profitable - March 5, 2019