Samsung SDS, will announce a new service that enhances traceability of supply chain based on Blockchain and logistics business automation at the ‘Cello Conference 2019’ to be held on March 14.
Blockchain based supply chain technology allows for a more secure and transparent way of tracking all types of transactions, presenting lots of possibilities across the supply chain. When a product changes hands, the transaction can be documented, creating a permanent history of a product, from manufacture to sale. This process could dramatically reduce time delays, added costs, and human error that can plague transactions today.
Samsung’s new service will provide transparent processing history of the aquaculture-shipping-distribution of the marine products to the consumers and ASK (All about seafood in Korea) Export Council consisting of domestic seafood processing companies.
This service, which is provided in the form of Software as a Service (SaaS), was first commercialized in Korea for the ASK Export Council after its service verification through a pilot project last year.
Samsung SDS is also planning to introduce cases of logistics business automation with Brity Works, an Intelligent Process Automation solution of Samsung SDS.
Brity Works has improved work efficiency in several areas by automating simple repetitive tasks done by about 100 employees such as accessing the shipping site to collect and input transportation information of the freights.
In addition to business automation, Samsung SDS is also in the process of presenting a business model of Last Mile Delivery, which is focused on delivering items to the end user as fast as possible. Applied in Germany, the model provides optimized logistics services through logistics network based on Cello platform.
“We will continue to pursue various logistics innovation through latest technologies such as Blockchain and AI, and will strengthen external business by heightening the competitiveness of smart logistics service,” said Hyung-Tae Kim, executive vice president, leader of logistics business unit of Samsung SDS.
- Codebase focusing Investments on Cannabis sector and Blockchain Ventures - July 28, 2019
- Canadian City Council Enters Agreement with Coinberry to Accept Bitcoin for Tax Payments - July 19, 2019
- BitPay Processed More Than $37 Million in Bitcoin Donations Since 2017 - June 24, 2019
- Generous Donation of $120,000 in Bitcoin by Anonymous Donor Very Well Received by Bitcoin.org - May 30, 2019
- ARK Launches the ARK Deployer, an Open Source Tool to Create a Blockchain in 3 Simple Steps - May 28, 2019
- Bitbond, a Global Lending Platform, Launches STO to Support Small Businesses in Asia with Loans - May 28, 2019
- Famous Swiss Watchmaker, Franck Muller Launches the World’s First Bitcoin Watch - May 25, 2019
- Facebook’s GlobalCoin Allegedly to be introduced in 2020 - May 24, 2019
- Mobile Carrier AT&T to Accept Online Payment Options in Cryptocurrency with BitPay - May 24, 2019
- Consumers Can Now Buy Bitcoin with Cash at 2,200 Coinstar Kiosks Located Inside Grocery Stores - May 24, 2019
- Visa Token Service Acquired by Eleven New Partners for Enhanced Consumer Confidence in the E-Commerce Space - May 23, 2019
- Voyager Announces Integration of Ledger Vault’s Asset Management System into its Crypto Trading Platform - May 22, 2019
- VeganNation Welcomes Game of Thrones Actor Jerome Flynn to its Advisory Board to Unite the Vegan Community - May 21, 2019
- Huobi Honors Bitcoin Pizza Day by Selling Bitcoin 50% off Market Price & Prime 3 Launch - May 18, 2019
- Dutch Multi City Blockchain Week to be First of its Kind with Events Hosted All Over the Country - May 17, 2019
- Partnership between Travala.com and Bitcoin.com Empowers Travelers to Save on Hotel Stays and Pay Directly with Leading Cryptocurrencies - May 16, 2019
- Q2 Holdings Announces the Launch of Q2 TrustView, a new Governance and Protection Technology for Banking and Lending - May 15, 2019
- First Security Token Blockchain called Polymesh announced by Polymath at Consensus New York 2019 - May 14, 2019
- Facebook lifts Crypto Ad Ban, One Year after the Social Media Giant Banned all Ads Related to Blockchain and Cryptocurrencies - May 9, 2019
- Blockchain Becoming the Revolutionary Technology Guaranteeing High level of Privacy and Security in Emerging Markets - May 8, 2019