Samsung SDS, will announce a new service that enhances traceability of supply chain based on Blockchain and logistics business automation at the ‘Cello Conference 2019’ to be held on March 14.
Blockchain based supply chain technology allows for a more secure and transparent way of tracking all types of transactions, presenting lots of possibilities across the supply chain. When a product changes hands, the transaction can be documented, creating a permanent history of a product, from manufacture to sale. This process could dramatically reduce time delays, added costs, and human error that can plague transactions today.
Samsung’s new service will provide transparent processing history of the aquaculture-shipping-distribution of the marine products to the consumers and ASK (All about seafood in Korea) Export Council consisting of domestic seafood processing companies.
This service, which is provided in the form of Software as a Service (SaaS), was first commercialized in Korea for the ASK Export Council after its service verification through a pilot project last year.
Samsung SDS is also planning to introduce cases of logistics business automation with Brity Works, an Intelligent Process Automation solution of Samsung SDS.
Brity Works has improved work efficiency in several areas by automating simple repetitive tasks done by about 100 employees such as accessing the shipping site to collect and input transportation information of the freights.
In addition to business automation, Samsung SDS is also in the process of presenting a business model of Last Mile Delivery, which is focused on delivering items to the end user as fast as possible. Applied in Germany, the model provides optimized logistics services through logistics network based on Cello platform.
“We will continue to pursue various logistics innovation through latest technologies such as Blockchain and AI, and will strengthen external business by heightening the competitiveness of smart logistics service,” said Hyung-Tae Kim, executive vice president, leader of logistics business unit of Samsung SDS.
- Blockchain-based Entertainment Platform ‘Blue Baikal’ opens Pre-Registration Event Connecting Producers, Influencers and Consumers - March 26, 2019
- French Crypto-Friendly Pacte Law Passes Second Reading in National Assembly, Senate Next - March 25, 2019
- Bamboo Capital Partners, Government of Togo and Moeda Seeds Bank Join to Launch the Bloc fund to Consolidate Social Development - March 25, 2019
- Western Union Joins Stellar Partner Thunes to Use Blockchain to Speed Up Transfers - March 25, 2019
- Dragonchain Announces Partnership with Humanitarian Organization M2030, Facilitating Donation Processes with Blockchain to Fight Malaria - March 21, 2019
- PUBLIQ Named Finalist by UK Parliamentary Group for Blockchain Application in Media Category - March 20, 2019
- FashionTV Leaps into the World of Blockchain by Partnering up with Decentralized E-commerce Platform WAAM - March 20, 2019
- Kudelski Security Announces Partnership with Hosho To Secure Blockchain Ecosystems - March 19, 2019
- Blockchain Goes Hollywood is Expected to Attract Blockchain and Crypto Experts, Investors and Celebrities to Epic multi-day Event - March 19, 2019
- Blockmason and Bitsonic Announce Token Generation Event for BLINK, Link’s Utility Token - March 15, 2019
- DX Exchange and Perlin Network Bring Tokenized Apple and Facebook Stocks to Empower a vast new Population of Retail Investors on the Blockchain - March 15, 2019
- Forte And Xpring create $100 Million Fund To stimulate Mainstream Use Of Blockchain In Games - March 13, 2019
- Private Jet Instant Booking Platform Announces Security Token Offering (STO) - March 12, 2019
- Samsung SDS is announcing its plans to innovate in various fields with Blockchain and Intelligent Process Automation - March 12, 2019
- The Fourth Global ICO / STO Report tells us ICOs are Growing Less, but Growing Up - March 11, 2019
- Zilliqa joins Student Organisation at King’s College London to Launch Blockchain A-Z Workshops - March 9, 2019
- Alfa-Bank and the Marco Polo Network join to Optimize Trade Finance with Blockchain technology - March 7, 2019
- Insolar Launches Testnet 1.1 making it the most Scalable Enterprise Blockchain Platform - March 6, 2019
- New Decentralized Social Network Platform Creary rewards Creatives and curators for sharing Digital Art - March 6, 2019
- Tide protocol launches Open Source Data Marketplace to Make Privacy Profitable - March 5, 2019