Digix, creator of the world’s first asset-backed digital gold token, will launch its DigixDAO platform, joining the ranks of some of the first Decentralized Autonomous Organizations (DAO) in the world. From March 30, anyone who owns Digix’s DGD tokens can contribute and vote on proposals to grow and improve the Digix platform.
Digix, a platform allowing anyone to buy gold, without worrying about its security, accessibility, or transparency, has built the world’s first asset-backed digital gold token, DGX. Anyone with an internet connection can purchase small increments of one of the oldest, safest assets around. Each token is actually backed by one gram of gold, which is approved by the London Bullion Market Association. The gold is held in highly secure vaults in both Singapore and Canada.
By submitting proposals to fund the vision, DigixDAO is inviting the community to expand the business strategy of increasing adoption in DGX gold backed tokens. The platform enables DGD token holders to moderate, approve, comment on, and even reject proposals to advance the growth of the DGX ecosystem.
Anthony Eufemio, Co-Founder and Chief Technology Officer, Digix commented:
“Over the last three years, Digix has worked to meet the growing demand for a more democratised way of owning and investing in gold. As we expand our offering to wider assets and markets, the DigixDAO platform will enable us to double down on these efforts and harness deep insights and ideas from the public, while introducing a more democratised future for corporate governance in Singapore.”
Loi Luu, CEO, and Co-Founder of Kyber Network said,
“The launch of DigixDAO adds to the momentum we are seeing for decentralised organisations in Singapore. Together with other DAOs, we are working towards a future where less traditional, less central ways of governing and growing organisations can flourish. This will collectively accelerate the adoption of blockchain technologies and make its benefits more tangible to people in Singapore and beyond.”
The DigixDAO launch follows Digix’s recent selection by Enterprise Singapore’s Tribe Accelerator programme, launched on 27 March. As part of the first batch of startups, Digix will participate in a series of global roadshows showcasing Singapore ’s ecosystem of Blockchain technology and work to bolster its ability to encourage widespread adoption of owning and investing in hard assets among everyday users.
- Codebase focusing Investments on Cannabis sector and Blockchain Ventures - July 28, 2019
- Canadian City Council Enters Agreement with Coinberry to Accept Bitcoin for Tax Payments - July 19, 2019
- BitPay Processed More Than $37 Million in Bitcoin Donations Since 2017 - June 24, 2019
- Generous Donation of $120,000 in Bitcoin by Anonymous Donor Very Well Received by Bitcoin.org - May 30, 2019
- ARK Launches the ARK Deployer, an Open Source Tool to Create a Blockchain in 3 Simple Steps - May 28, 2019
- Bitbond, a Global Lending Platform, Launches STO to Support Small Businesses in Asia with Loans - May 28, 2019
- Famous Swiss Watchmaker, Franck Muller Launches the World’s First Bitcoin Watch - May 25, 2019
- Facebook’s GlobalCoin Allegedly to be introduced in 2020 - May 24, 2019
- Mobile Carrier AT&T to Accept Online Payment Options in Cryptocurrency with BitPay - May 24, 2019
- Consumers Can Now Buy Bitcoin with Cash at 2,200 Coinstar Kiosks Located Inside Grocery Stores - May 24, 2019
- Visa Token Service Acquired by Eleven New Partners for Enhanced Consumer Confidence in the E-Commerce Space - May 23, 2019
- Voyager Announces Integration of Ledger Vault’s Asset Management System into its Crypto Trading Platform - May 22, 2019
- VeganNation Welcomes Game of Thrones Actor Jerome Flynn to its Advisory Board to Unite the Vegan Community - May 21, 2019
- Huobi Honors Bitcoin Pizza Day by Selling Bitcoin 50% off Market Price & Prime 3 Launch - May 18, 2019
- Dutch Multi City Blockchain Week to be First of its Kind with Events Hosted All Over the Country - May 17, 2019
- Partnership between Travala.com and Bitcoin.com Empowers Travelers to Save on Hotel Stays and Pay Directly with Leading Cryptocurrencies - May 16, 2019
- Q2 Holdings Announces the Launch of Q2 TrustView, a new Governance and Protection Technology for Banking and Lending - May 15, 2019
- First Security Token Blockchain called Polymesh announced by Polymath at Consensus New York 2019 - May 14, 2019
- Facebook lifts Crypto Ad Ban, One Year after the Social Media Giant Banned all Ads Related to Blockchain and Cryptocurrencies - May 9, 2019
- Blockchain Becoming the Revolutionary Technology Guaranteeing High level of Privacy and Security in Emerging Markets - May 8, 2019