Digix, creator of the world’s first asset-backed digital gold token, will launch its DigixDAO platform, joining the ranks of some of the first Decentralized Autonomous Organizations (DAO) in the world. From March 30, anyone who owns Digix’s DGD tokens can contribute and vote on proposals to grow and improve the Digix platform.
Digix, a platform allowing anyone to buy gold, without worrying about its security, accessibility, or transparency, has built the world’s first asset-backed digital gold token, DGX. Anyone with an internet connection can purchase small increments of one of the oldest, safest assets around. Each token is actually backed by one gram of gold, which is approved by the London Bullion Market Association. The gold is held in highly secure vaults in both Singapore and Canada.
By submitting proposals to fund the vision, DigixDAO is inviting the community to expand the business strategy of increasing adoption in DGX gold backed tokens. The platform enables DGD token holders to moderate, approve, comment on, and even reject proposals to advance the growth of the DGX ecosystem.
Anthony Eufemio, Co-Founder and Chief Technology Officer, Digix commented:
“Over the last three years, Digix has worked to meet the growing demand for a more democratised way of owning and investing in gold. As we expand our offering to wider assets and markets, the DigixDAO platform will enable us to double down on these efforts and harness deep insights and ideas from the public, while introducing a more democratised future for corporate governance in Singapore.”
Loi Luu, CEO, and Co-Founder of Kyber Network said,
“The launch of DigixDAO adds to the momentum we are seeing for decentralised organisations in Singapore. Together with other DAOs, we are working towards a future where less traditional, less central ways of governing and growing organisations can flourish. This will collectively accelerate the adoption of blockchain technologies and make its benefits more tangible to people in Singapore and beyond.”
The DigixDAO launch follows Digix’s recent selection by Enterprise Singapore’s Tribe Accelerator programme, launched on 27 March. As part of the first batch of startups, Digix will participate in a series of global roadshows showcasing Singapore ’s ecosystem of Blockchain technology and work to bolster its ability to encourage widespread adoption of owning and investing in hard assets among everyday users.
- ShelterZoom Creates Contract and Transaction Management Platform Marking New Contract Evolution on Blockchain - April 19, 2019
- Samsung SDS and Tech Mahindra Join to Explore Global Blockchain Market using Samsung’s Nexledger Platform - April 15, 2019
- Kudelski Security Partners with BTblock, fusing Blockchain Consulting with Technology for better Cybersecurity and Design - April 14, 2019
- Albertsons Companies is Joining Blockchain-based IBM Food Trust Network to Pilot Technology to Increase food Transparency - April 11, 2019
- Opera Announces Brand New Browser for Mac, Windows and Linux with Crypto Wallet, Web 3 Explorer and a free VPN - April 9, 2019
- Blockchain Platform Insolar Accepted into BiTA, Advancing its Mission of Furthering Blockchain Adoption - April 9, 2019
- Blockchain Technology Expected to Grow 66.4% in next 5 Years According to MRFR Research Findings - April 8, 2019
- Japanese Trading Platform Liquid Achieves Unicorn Status through Investments from IDG Capital and Bitmain Technologies - April 8, 2019
- 105 Organizations Announce Commitment to New Blockchain Association INATBA Created by the European Union - April 6, 2019
- Start Up Energy Transition (SET) names Blockchain Company Insolar amongst Top 100 Tech Innovators - April 4, 2019
- Bitwise Asset Management report Claims 95% of Bitcoin Trading Volumes are Fake, Overstating True Size of the Market - March 30, 2019
- Flipside Crypto’s Release of the FCAS25 Mechanism Shows Health of Crypto Industry has been on the Rise through 2018/19. - March 29, 2019
- Digix is launching DigixDao Platform, Joining Ranks of Pioneering Decentralised Autonomous Organisations in Singapore - March 28, 2019
- Quedex on Brink of Becoming World’s First Regulated Crypto-Centric Futures and Options Exchange, after in-principle Decision from GFSC - March 27, 2019
- Ugandan Orphanage able to Sustain Itself through Cryptocurrency Donations from Listeners of National Radio Show - March 26, 2019
- Blockchain-based Entertainment Platform ‘Blue Baikal’ opens Pre-Registration Event Connecting Producers, Influencers and Consumers - March 26, 2019
- French Crypto-Friendly Pacte Law Passes Second Reading in National Assembly, Senate Next - March 25, 2019
- Bamboo Capital Partners, Government of Togo and Moeda Seeds Bank Join to Launch the Bloc fund to Consolidate Social Development - March 25, 2019
- Western Union Joins Stellar Partner Thunes to Use Blockchain to Speed Up Transfers - March 25, 2019
- Dragonchain Announces Partnership with Humanitarian Organization M2030, Facilitating Donation Processes with Blockchain to Fight Malaria - March 21, 2019