India’s first blockchain powered entertainment ecosystem MinersINC, is about to launch its curated VOD service called ‘myNK’ which features an eclectic collection of films, documentaries and series. While India is undoubtedly a vast and film-crazy nation, the country’s cinephiles have been increasingly seeking out films from beyond just Hollywood and Bollywood.
Wendy Bernfeld MD of Rights Stuff (digital content and licensing specialist), who has spearheaded the acquisition of the launch library:
“In the past, India was a challenging market for international rightsholders concerned about piracy and lack of transparency. Adding the blockchain backbone squarely addresses both these historic barriers and is a brilliant solution for this region, particularly when combined with curation and film fan engagement incentives.”
myNK library (at launch and growing) currently comprises 200+ films/series and select docs, sourced from 34 countries. Some featured titles include: Banksy Does New York, Burma VJ, Cinema Novo, Flamenco at 5.15, The Fabulous Allan Carr, Fish Tank, Glory, Google and the World Brain, The Light of the Moon, The Man Who Saved the Louvre, Rellik and Tonio.
Forward-thinking international launch partners include all3media, Dutch Features, ELO, First Hand Films, Imagination Films, Kew Media Distribution , National Film Board of Canada (NFB), Off The Fence/ZDF Enterprises, The Film Collaborative, WIDE and WIDE HOUSE who support MYNK’s unique incentivized social engagement and micro-distribution model, whereby fans are rewarded for their contributions, reviews, and onward-selling to other film buffs on the platform.
This works in 3 steps:
- The curators and film industry influencers introduce classic films, series and docs, not before seen in India, to the fan community for discussion and paid viewing.
- The fan community is rewarded and incentivized for further engagement activities such as commenting/reviewing, recommending and on-selling (microdistribution) of the programs to others within the community.
- All of this is transparently and securely reported 24/7 on the rightsholder dashboard, secured by blockchain.
myNK is directed & curated by acclaimed Indian filmmaker/director and the poster boy of Indian independent cinema Anurag Kashyap, along with other eminent professionals. Anurag has won multiple International awards and has been a jury member at numerous film festivals and, most recently, the director of Netflix’s first Indian Original Series Sacred Games. He also serves as a mentor to myNK and has played a key part in curating video content productions while developing knowledgeable audiences.
Gary Woolf (EVP Strategic Development, all3media) commented:
“Working with Miners Inc to make content available to the myNK platform has opened up the ability for us to take premium content direct to the Indian consumer on a transactional basis for the first time. The smart application of blockchain should allow us to reach a wide range of consumers across the country both securely and efficiently – providing our team with transparent reporting to track our success”
Nathalie Bourdon (Director, Distribution and Market Development, National Film Board of Canada) added:
“The NFB is proud to branch out to India to bring our curated collection of films to MinersINC VOD platform – an innovative, digital blockchain content provider. Partnering to create new and innovative ways to access our collection is part of the NFB DNA.”
According to Sabrina Nudeliman Wagon (CEO at ELO):
“India is one of the biggest audiovisual markets in the world, it is a must! But is very hard due to bureaucracy and other challenges. We choose to enter the market with MinersINC due to its very experienced team, unique technology and innovative business model.”
With blockchain as a foundation technology and a groundbreaking business model, the founders of MinersINC, Nitin Narkhede (Founder & CEO), Deepak Jayaram (Co-Founder & Head Strategy & Innovation) have definitely paved the way for organized entertainment of the future in India.
MinersINC is a blockchain-powered P2P platform that uses the transformative power of Blockchain Technology to connect rights holders with consumers. myNK, the flagship commercial product is an entertainment ecosystem that empowers rights holders, enables and rewards entertainment junkies and consumers, and addresses some major gaps in India’s entertainment industry. The platform will deploy a community-driven approach for offerings in movies & music, enabling rewarding interactions between the right-holders and their target audiences.
- Utrust Joins Forces with Alternative Airlines for Flight Bookings with Crypto - November 13, 2019
- Dark Web Drug Dealer Pleads Guilty To Using Cryptocurrency to Launder More Than $19 Million - November 13, 2019
- Dutch Police Bust CEO of Blockchain Game Firm, Komodore64 – €78 million Gone? - November 13, 2019
- Celsius Hits over $4 Billion in Crypto Loans – Leading the Industry - November 12, 2019
- Coinbase Introduces Staking Rewards on Tezos - November 6, 2019
- Volvo Cars to implement blockchain traceability of cobalt used in electric car batteries - November 6, 2019
- EU-Funded Acceleration Project, LEDGER, Offering Support Services and Up to €200k Equity-Free for Blockchain Data Governance Projects - November 6, 2019
- Global Financial System Regulators – the Financial Action Task Force – Issue Draft Guidance on Digital Identity - November 5, 2019
- David Chaum Releases XX Alpha Messenger Promising Unprecedented User Privacy - November 5, 2019
- Æternity Blockchain Developers Plan to Take On Ethereum With Final Hardfork – Handing over Governance to the Community - November 5, 2019
- Researchers Claim Cross-border B2B Blockchain Transactions set to Explode to $4.4 Trillion by 2024 - November 5, 2019
- Global Companies Unite to Unveil Comprehensive Framework for Tokenization – It’s About Time - November 5, 2019
- Microsoft Kicks Off Enterprise-ready Crypto Token Platform On Azure – Predicts Tokenization Is A Pillar Of The Coming Revolution In Multi-Party Applications That Blockchain Technology Ushered In - November 5, 2019
- Polish-British Blockchain Company Billon to Digitise Euro in Deal with Raiffeisen Bank International - November 5, 2019
- 500.com Limited Releases Intel on Blockchain Technology for China’s Lottery Industry - November 4, 2019
- Oxfam, Etherisc, and Aon Find Success with First Blockchain-Based Agricultural Insurance Policies for Smallholder Farmers in Sri Lanka - November 4, 2019
- Interview: Brock Pierce and Two Prime’s Alexander S. Blum - November 4, 2019
- Samsung Bullish on Blockchain – Pushing for Developers on New Samsung Blockchain Platform SDK - November 1, 2019
- Busted: SEC and CFTC Nail First Global Credit – a Swiss Security-Based Bitcoin Swaps Dealer That Allegedly Aimed at American Investors - November 1, 2019
- Zilliqa and Oxford Women in Computer Science Society Join to Bring Diversity to Blockchain Sector - November 1, 2019