India’s first blockchain powered entertainment ecosystem MinersINC, is about to launch its curated VOD service called ‘myNK’ which features an eclectic collection of films, documentaries and series. While India is undoubtedly a vast and film-crazy nation, the country’s cinephiles have been increasingly seeking out films from beyond just Hollywood and Bollywood.
Wendy Bernfeld MD of Rights Stuff (digital content and licensing specialist), who has spearheaded the acquisition of the launch library:
“In the past, India was a challenging market for international rightsholders concerned about piracy and lack of transparency. Adding the blockchain backbone squarely addresses both these historic barriers and is a brilliant solution for this region, particularly when combined with curation and film fan engagement incentives.”
myNK library (at launch and growing) currently comprises 200+ films/series and select docs, sourced from 34 countries. Some featured titles include: Banksy Does New York, Burma VJ, Cinema Novo, Flamenco at 5.15, The Fabulous Allan Carr, Fish Tank, Glory, Google and the World Brain, The Light of the Moon, The Man Who Saved the Louvre, Rellik and Tonio.
Forward-thinking international launch partners include all3media, Dutch Features, ELO, First Hand Films, Imagination Films, Kew Media Distribution , National Film Board of Canada (NFB), Off The Fence/ZDF Enterprises, The Film Collaborative, WIDE and WIDE HOUSE who support MYNK’s unique incentivized social engagement and micro-distribution model, whereby fans are rewarded for their contributions, reviews, and onward-selling to other film buffs on the platform.
This works in 3 steps:
- The curators and film industry influencers introduce classic films, series and docs, not before seen in India, to the fan community for discussion and paid viewing.
- The fan community is rewarded and incentivized for further engagement activities such as commenting/reviewing, recommending and on-selling (microdistribution) of the programs to others within the community.
- All of this is transparently and securely reported 24/7 on the rightsholder dashboard, secured by blockchain.
myNK is directed & curated by acclaimed Indian filmmaker/director and the poster boy of Indian independent cinema Anurag Kashyap, along with other eminent professionals. Anurag has won multiple International awards and has been a jury member at numerous film festivals and, most recently, the director of Netflix’s first Indian Original Series Sacred Games. He also serves as a mentor to myNK and has played a key part in curating video content productions while developing knowledgeable audiences.
Gary Woolf (EVP Strategic Development, all3media) commented:
“Working with Miners Inc to make content available to the myNK platform has opened up the ability for us to take premium content direct to the Indian consumer on a transactional basis for the first time. The smart application of blockchain should allow us to reach a wide range of consumers across the country both securely and efficiently – providing our team with transparent reporting to track our success”
Nathalie Bourdon (Director, Distribution and Market Development, National Film Board of Canada) added:
“The NFB is proud to branch out to India to bring our curated collection of films to MinersINC VOD platform – an innovative, digital blockchain content provider. Partnering to create new and innovative ways to access our collection is part of the NFB DNA.”
According to Sabrina Nudeliman Wagon (CEO at ELO):
“India is one of the biggest audiovisual markets in the world, it is a must! But is very hard due to bureaucracy and other challenges. We choose to enter the market with MinersINC due to its very experienced team, unique technology and innovative business model.”
With blockchain as a foundation technology and a groundbreaking business model, the founders of MinersINC, Nitin Narkhede (Founder & CEO), Deepak Jayaram (Co-Founder & Head Strategy & Innovation) have definitely paved the way for organized entertainment of the future in India.
MinersINC is a blockchain-powered P2P platform that uses the transformative power of Blockchain Technology to connect rights holders with consumers. myNK, the flagship commercial product is an entertainment ecosystem that empowers rights holders, enables and rewards entertainment junkies and consumers, and addresses some major gaps in India’s entertainment industry. The platform will deploy a community-driven approach for offerings in movies & music, enabling rewarding interactions between the right-holders and their target audiences.
- Indian Central Bankers Excludes Cryptocurrency Projects from it’s New Startup Fintech Sandbox - April 19, 2019
- Enterprise Ethereum Alliance Plans to Launch New Token Taxonomy Initiative - April 19, 2019
- Social Blockchain Project BitGive Signs Deal with Uphold - April 19, 2019
- Crypto Wars Continue – Bitcoin’s Self Proclaimed Founder Craig Wright Threatens to Sue Ethereum’s Vitalik Buterin - April 19, 2019
- Gate.io Exchange Releases IEO Startup Platform and Launches First Project with CNNS - April 18, 2019
- Telegram Cuts Deal With Wirecard to Build Blockchain Shared Payment and Banking Solutions For TON - April 17, 2019
- Token-as-a-Service (TaaS) Shuts Down – Distributes Assets to Token Owners - April 17, 2019
- eToroX Launches 8 Stablecoins on New Cryptocurrency Exchange - April 17, 2019
- Powerhouse Production Company Endemol Shine International Partners with Blockchain Startup BitMovio - April 17, 2019
- Huobi Prime’s Second EO Launch – Two Billion NEW Tokens Sold in Six Seconds - April 17, 2019
- Panxora safeguards ICO assets with crypto treasury management service - April 17, 2019
- Turing Award Winner and MIT Cryptographer, Dr. Silvio Micali, Publicly Opens TestNet at VC-backed Algorand Blockchain - April 16, 2019
- Gibraltar Stock Exchange Opens the Doors to Secondary Market for Security Tokens - April 15, 2019
- Bittreo Releases Crypto Brokerage SAAS - April 14, 2019
- International Monetary Fund (IMF) Head Says Cryptocurrency is Shaking the System – Wary Eye on Silicon Valley Data Collectors - April 14, 2019
- US Regulator SEC Issues First ‘No Action’ Letter for Unregistered ICO - April 13, 2019
- Jason Hanania: Architecture of a Technodemocracy – Author Interview - April 12, 2019
- Block.one’s FinLab EOS VC Fund Invests in Moonlighting - April 11, 2019
- Blockstack Files with SEC for Reg A+ Token Offering - April 11, 2019
- US Congress Introduces Bipartisan-Supported Token Taxonomy Act - April 10, 2019