India’s first blockchain powered entertainment ecosystem MinersINC, is about to launch its curated VOD service called ‘myNK’ which features an eclectic collection of films, documentaries and series. While India is undoubtedly a vast and film-crazy nation, the country’s cinephiles have been increasingly seeking out films from beyond just Hollywood and Bollywood.
Wendy Bernfeld MD of Rights Stuff (digital content and licensing specialist), who has spearheaded the acquisition of the launch library:
“In the past, India was a challenging market for international rightsholders concerned about piracy and lack of transparency. Adding the blockchain backbone squarely addresses both these historic barriers and is a brilliant solution for this region, particularly when combined with curation and film fan engagement incentives.”
myNK library (at launch and growing) currently comprises 200+ films/series and select docs, sourced from 34 countries. Some featured titles include: Banksy Does New York, Burma VJ, Cinema Novo, Flamenco at 5.15, The Fabulous Allan Carr, Fish Tank, Glory, Google and the World Brain, The Light of the Moon, The Man Who Saved the Louvre, Rellik and Tonio.
Forward-thinking international launch partners include all3media, Dutch Features, ELO, First Hand Films, Imagination Films, Kew Media Distribution , National Film Board of Canada (NFB), Off The Fence/ZDF Enterprises, The Film Collaborative, WIDE and WIDE HOUSE who support MYNK’s unique incentivized social engagement and micro-distribution model, whereby fans are rewarded for their contributions, reviews, and onward-selling to other film buffs on the platform.
This works in 3 steps:
- The curators and film industry influencers introduce classic films, series and docs, not before seen in India, to the fan community for discussion and paid viewing.
- The fan community is rewarded and incentivized for further engagement activities such as commenting/reviewing, recommending and on-selling (microdistribution) of the programs to others within the community.
- All of this is transparently and securely reported 24/7 on the rightsholder dashboard, secured by blockchain.
myNK is directed & curated by acclaimed Indian filmmaker/director and the poster boy of Indian independent cinema Anurag Kashyap, along with other eminent professionals. Anurag has won multiple International awards and has been a jury member at numerous film festivals and, most recently, the director of Netflix’s first Indian Original Series Sacred Games. He also serves as a mentor to myNK and has played a key part in curating video content productions while developing knowledgeable audiences.
Gary Woolf (EVP Strategic Development, all3media) commented:
“Working with Miners Inc to make content available to the myNK platform has opened up the ability for us to take premium content direct to the Indian consumer on a transactional basis for the first time. The smart application of blockchain should allow us to reach a wide range of consumers across the country both securely and efficiently – providing our team with transparent reporting to track our success”
Nathalie Bourdon (Director, Distribution and Market Development, National Film Board of Canada) added:
“The NFB is proud to branch out to India to bring our curated collection of films to MinersINC VOD platform – an innovative, digital blockchain content provider. Partnering to create new and innovative ways to access our collection is part of the NFB DNA.”
According to Sabrina Nudeliman Wagon (CEO at ELO):
“India is one of the biggest audiovisual markets in the world, it is a must! But is very hard due to bureaucracy and other challenges. We choose to enter the market with MinersINC due to its very experienced team, unique technology and innovative business model.”
With blockchain as a foundation technology and a groundbreaking business model, the founders of MinersINC, Nitin Narkhede (Founder & CEO), Deepak Jayaram (Co-Founder & Head Strategy & Innovation) have definitely paved the way for organized entertainment of the future in India.
MinersINC is a blockchain-powered P2P platform that uses the transformative power of Blockchain Technology to connect rights holders with consumers. myNK, the flagship commercial product is an entertainment ecosystem that empowers rights holders, enables and rewards entertainment junkies and consumers, and addresses some major gaps in India’s entertainment industry. The platform will deploy a community-driven approach for offerings in movies & music, enabling rewarding interactions between the right-holders and their target audiences.
- Huobi Charity Joins Rally with Blockchain Community in Global Fight Against COVID-19 - April 2, 2020
- Binance Officially Absorbs CoinMarketCap in $400 million deal - April 2, 2020
- RealT Tokenises and Sells USD One Million in Real Estate On Ethereum - March 30, 2020
- IOTA Teams Up with Eclipse Foundation to Work on Decentralised Marketplace and Identity Solutions to Help Fight Pandemic - March 30, 2020
- University of Malta Students Develop and Use Blockchain Voting Application - March 30, 2020
- Japan’s Nomura Securities and BOOSTRY Issue First Blockchain Digital Bond Offering - March 30, 2020
- Opera Rolls out Update and Expansion of its Cryptocurrency-Friendly Browser Blockchain Architecture - March 30, 2020
- Hong Kong Bank Partners with Aegis to Focus On Asset Digitalization Using Blockchain Technology - March 30, 2020
- European Union Looking to Blockchain Technology for Defense? - March 30, 2020
- Tech against Corona (COVID-19) – Dutch Enterprise Blockchain Company TYMLEZ Helps Dutch Government - March 29, 2020
- Microsoft Patents Human Activity Mining for Cryptocurrency Systems – Data Generated Based on Body Activity can be Proof-of-Work - March 27, 2020
- Binance Kicks Off $5 Million Coronavirus Relief Campaign and Donates USD $1 Million - March 27, 2020
- Medici Ventures Keiretsu Companies GrainChain and Symbiont Working Together to Expand Global Operations - March 27, 2020
- Blockchain-Fueled Entertainment Platform Ficto Launches Premium Interactive Streaming Network - March 27, 2020
- SettleMint – Belgian blockchain startup raises USD $2.09 Million for Expansion - March 27, 2020
- Exclusive Interview: Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency Leader Michael Terpin Sees Light in The Covid-19 Tunnel - March 26, 2020
- Blockchain Real Estate Project Smartlands Raising Funds on Equity Crowdfunding Platform Seedrs - March 26, 2020
- Cryptocurrency Exchange OKEx Greenlights DEA Trade Token Deapcoin For Its Jobtribe and PlayMining Games - March 26, 2020
- Microasset – The International Blockchain Monetary Reserve Announces $3.48 M In Reserve Funding, New Listing on BiKi Exchange - March 25, 2020
- Social Login – KyberSwap Integrates Torus to Offer Quick and Easy Ethereum Wallet Management - March 25, 2020