The Start Up Energy Transition (SET) recently named Insolar, a leading Blockchain company offering enterprise solutions, amongst the top 100 firms. SET is an international initiative which supports innovation in transitioning to greener energy, bringing together the most outstanding international start-ups in the field of energy with key stakeholders in the sector, such as Shell, E.ON, EDF and the government offices of several countries.
Insolar is a global technology company building innovative public and private Blockchain solutions on their Platform.
SET partners with the German Energy Agency (dena) to celebrate and promote green-tech innovation worldwide. Moreover, SET works in cooperation with the World Energy Council (WEC), a UN-accredited global energy body, with member organisations including governments, private and state corporations, academia, NGOs and energy-related stakeholders to make the global energy transition a success. Both dena and WEC are contributing to achieving energy and climate policy objectives set out by the Paris Agreement to limit the global temperature increase to 1.5 degrees Celsius.
Submissions to SET were evaluated by a panel of esteemed jurors made up of internationally recognized experts from politics, the energy sector and business. The jury members identified and compiled a list of the top 100 of the most innovative, savvy and promising start-ups. Insolar submitted their Blockchain powered transactive energy platform. It seamlessly connects grid operators and owners of distributed energy resources to conduct energy transactions for a smarter, more sustainable, and resilient grid. The transactive energy platform is made to solve the trust issue between stakeholders by using transparent, enforceable business logic to automate energy exchanges that ensure overall grid reliability.
Insolar CEO, Andrey Zhulin said:
“We at Insolar are honored to be named by SET as among the top 100 tech innovators facilitating the global energy transition to greener power and a reduction of the factors contributing to climate change. A transactive energy platform based on the Insolar blockchain addresses the pain points of all energy stakeholders by helping them work together for a more sustainable future.”
Insolar recently entered into a cooperation agreement with Canada’s Hero Engineering Inc. to develop and test the capabilities of a Blockchain-based platform for improving the resiliency and efficiency of energy systems. The project, which is funded in part by the Canadian Ministry of Natural Resources and Energy (NRCAN), will integrate the Insolar Blockchain into a transactive smart grid prototype. It is designed to facilitate distributed energy generation from renewables, as well as the effective use of electric vehicles, energy storage systems, and smart thermostats.
- ShelterZoom Creates Contract and Transaction Management Platform Marking New Contract Evolution on Blockchain - April 19, 2019
- Samsung SDS and Tech Mahindra Join to Explore Global Blockchain Market using Samsung’s Nexledger Platform - April 15, 2019
- Kudelski Security Partners with BTblock, fusing Blockchain Consulting with Technology for better Cybersecurity and Design - April 14, 2019
- Albertsons Companies is Joining Blockchain-based IBM Food Trust Network to Pilot Technology to Increase food Transparency - April 11, 2019
- Opera Announces Brand New Browser for Mac, Windows and Linux with Crypto Wallet, Web 3 Explorer and a free VPN - April 9, 2019
- Blockchain Platform Insolar Accepted into BiTA, Advancing its Mission of Furthering Blockchain Adoption - April 9, 2019
- Blockchain Technology Expected to Grow 66.4% in next 5 Years According to MRFR Research Findings - April 8, 2019
- Japanese Trading Platform Liquid Achieves Unicorn Status through Investments from IDG Capital and Bitmain Technologies - April 8, 2019
- 105 Organizations Announce Commitment to New Blockchain Association INATBA Created by the European Union - April 6, 2019
- Start Up Energy Transition (SET) names Blockchain Company Insolar amongst Top 100 Tech Innovators - April 4, 2019
- Bitwise Asset Management report Claims 95% of Bitcoin Trading Volumes are Fake, Overstating True Size of the Market - March 30, 2019
- Flipside Crypto’s Release of the FCAS25 Mechanism Shows Health of Crypto Industry has been on the Rise through 2018/19. - March 29, 2019
- Digix is launching DigixDao Platform, Joining Ranks of Pioneering Decentralised Autonomous Organisations in Singapore - March 28, 2019
- Quedex on Brink of Becoming World’s First Regulated Crypto-Centric Futures and Options Exchange, after in-principle Decision from GFSC - March 27, 2019
- Ugandan Orphanage able to Sustain Itself through Cryptocurrency Donations from Listeners of National Radio Show - March 26, 2019
- Blockchain-based Entertainment Platform ‘Blue Baikal’ opens Pre-Registration Event Connecting Producers, Influencers and Consumers - March 26, 2019
- French Crypto-Friendly Pacte Law Passes Second Reading in National Assembly, Senate Next - March 25, 2019
- Bamboo Capital Partners, Government of Togo and Moeda Seeds Bank Join to Launch the Bloc fund to Consolidate Social Development - March 25, 2019
- Western Union Joins Stellar Partner Thunes to Use Blockchain to Speed Up Transfers - March 25, 2019
- Dragonchain Announces Partnership with Humanitarian Organization M2030, Facilitating Donation Processes with Blockchain to Fight Malaria - March 21, 2019