The Start Up Energy Transition (SET) recently named Insolar, a leading Blockchain company offering enterprise solutions, amongst the top 100 firms. SET is an international initiative which supports innovation in transitioning to greener energy, bringing together the most outstanding international start-ups in the field of energy with key stakeholders in the sector, such as Shell, E.ON, EDF and the government offices of several countries.
Insolar is a global technology company building innovative public and private Blockchain solutions on their Platform.
SET partners with the German Energy Agency (dena) to celebrate and promote green-tech innovation worldwide. Moreover, SET works in cooperation with the World Energy Council (WEC), a UN-accredited global energy body, with member organisations including governments, private and state corporations, academia, NGOs and energy-related stakeholders to make the global energy transition a success. Both dena and WEC are contributing to achieving energy and climate policy objectives set out by the Paris Agreement to limit the global temperature increase to 1.5 degrees Celsius.
Submissions to SET were evaluated by a panel of esteemed jurors made up of internationally recognized experts from politics, the energy sector and business. The jury members identified and compiled a list of the top 100 of the most innovative, savvy and promising start-ups. Insolar submitted their Blockchain powered transactive energy platform. It seamlessly connects grid operators and owners of distributed energy resources to conduct energy transactions for a smarter, more sustainable, and resilient grid. The transactive energy platform is made to solve the trust issue between stakeholders by using transparent, enforceable business logic to automate energy exchanges that ensure overall grid reliability.
Insolar CEO, Andrey Zhulin said:
“We at Insolar are honored to be named by SET as among the top 100 tech innovators facilitating the global energy transition to greener power and a reduction of the factors contributing to climate change. A transactive energy platform based on the Insolar blockchain addresses the pain points of all energy stakeholders by helping them work together for a more sustainable future.”
Insolar recently entered into a cooperation agreement with Canada’s Hero Engineering Inc. to develop and test the capabilities of a Blockchain-based platform for improving the resiliency and efficiency of energy systems. The project, which is funded in part by the Canadian Ministry of Natural Resources and Energy (NRCAN), will integrate the Insolar Blockchain into a transactive smart grid prototype. It is designed to facilitate distributed energy generation from renewables, as well as the effective use of electric vehicles, energy storage systems, and smart thermostats.
- ConsenSys and WWF Panda Labs Team up on Project Impactio To Drive and Fund Social Innovation - October 2, 2019
- Codebase focusing Investments on Cannabis sector and Blockchain Ventures - July 28, 2019
- Canadian City Council Enters Agreement with Coinberry to Accept Bitcoin for Tax Payments - July 19, 2019
- BitPay Processed More Than $37 Million in Bitcoin Donations Since 2017 - June 24, 2019
- Generous Donation of $120,000 in Bitcoin by Anonymous Donor Very Well Received by Bitcoin.org - May 30, 2019
- ARK Launches the ARK Deployer, an Open Source Tool to Create a Blockchain in 3 Simple Steps - May 28, 2019
- Bitbond, a Global Lending Platform, Launches STO to Support Small Businesses in Asia with Loans - May 28, 2019
- Famous Swiss Watchmaker, Franck Muller Launches the World’s First Bitcoin Watch - May 25, 2019
- Facebook’s GlobalCoin Allegedly to be introduced in 2020 - May 24, 2019
- Mobile Carrier AT&T to Accept Online Payment Options in Cryptocurrency with BitPay - May 24, 2019
- Consumers Can Now Buy Bitcoin with Cash at 2,200 Coinstar Kiosks Located Inside Grocery Stores - May 24, 2019
- Visa Token Service Acquired by Eleven New Partners for Enhanced Consumer Confidence in the E-Commerce Space - May 23, 2019
- Voyager Announces Integration of Ledger Vault’s Asset Management System into its Crypto Trading Platform - May 22, 2019
- VeganNation Welcomes Game of Thrones Actor Jerome Flynn to its Advisory Board to Unite the Vegan Community - May 21, 2019
- Huobi Honors Bitcoin Pizza Day by Selling Bitcoin 50% off Market Price & Prime 3 Launch - May 18, 2019
- Dutch Multi City Blockchain Week to be First of its Kind with Events Hosted All Over the Country - May 17, 2019
- Partnership between Travala.com and Bitcoin.com Empowers Travelers to Save on Hotel Stays and Pay Directly with Leading Cryptocurrencies - May 16, 2019
- Q2 Holdings Announces the Launch of Q2 TrustView, a new Governance and Protection Technology for Banking and Lending - May 15, 2019
- First Security Token Blockchain called Polymesh announced by Polymath at Consensus New York 2019 - May 14, 2019
- Facebook lifts Crypto Ad Ban, One Year after the Social Media Giant Banned all Ads Related to Blockchain and Cryptocurrencies - May 9, 2019