NASDAQ-listed company Okta, a provider of identity for the enterprise has put together a $50 million investment fund called Okta Ventures. Okta Ventures plans to invest heavily in early-stage solutions for identity, security, and privacy including artificial intelligence, machine learning, and blockchain.
“In line with Okta’s vision of enabling any organization to use any technology, Okta Ventures will invest in the growing ecosystem of startups tackling issues like identity, security, and privacy,” said Frederic Kerrest, Chief Operating Officer and co-founder of Okta. “Beyond investing in industry-wide innovation, we also recognize how valuable these advancements can be for our customers, who are often looking for solutions to some of the hard problems these companies are solving. We expect the partnerships with our portfolio companies to extend our platform, and we’re committed to providing significant value to these early stage startups. Trusted Key is a perfect example of a young company working on a big idea, and we look forward to collaborating to shape the future of identity.”
In addition to announcing the creation of the fund, Okta is also announcing its first investment in Trusted Key, a blockchain-based digital identity company.
“Decentralized identity marks a profound change for the identity industry and we believe we are in the early stages of this change,” said Amit Jasuja, Chief Executive Officer of Trusted Key. “Joining the Okta Ventures portfolio gives us a chance to access more than just funds to build our business, as Okta’s experience and depth of knowledge in the identity space will be invaluable as we move forward.”
The fund will seek out startups that are aligned with Okta’s vision of enabling any organization to use any technology. Along with monetary investments, Okta Ventures plans to provide a number of unique advantages for portfolio companies, including the use of Okta software, access to expertise, SDK and API design partnerships, and co-marketing opportunities. Beyond the potential for financial returns, Okta Ventures will emphasize modern identity architecture design and adoption with its portfolio companies, as well as contributions to the Okta ecosystem, which Okta expects to increase the value of the Okta Integration Network.
Founded in 2016 by former executives from Microsoft, Oracle, and Symantec, Trusted Key has built a decentralized digital identity solution to enable organizations that work together as ecosystems to share strongly proofed user identities with user consent. Combining innovative mobile and blockchain technologies into a secure platform, Trusted Key’s enterprise-friendly approach is resonating with customers in healthcare, finance, and retail ecosystems. Trusted Key’s technology offers customers a blend of security and customizable experiences to meet modern identity challenges, much like Okta.
- Indian Central Bankers Excludes Cryptocurrency Projects from it’s New Startup Fintech Sandbox - April 19, 2019
- Enterprise Ethereum Alliance Plans to Launch New Token Taxonomy Initiative - April 19, 2019
- Social Blockchain Project BitGive Signs Deal with Uphold - April 19, 2019
- Crypto Wars Continue – Bitcoin’s Self Proclaimed Founder Craig Wright Threatens to Sue Ethereum’s Vitalik Buterin - April 19, 2019
- Gate.io Exchange Releases IEO Startup Platform and Launches First Project with CNNS - April 18, 2019
- Telegram Cuts Deal With Wirecard to Build Blockchain Shared Payment and Banking Solutions For TON - April 17, 2019
- Token-as-a-Service (TaaS) Shuts Down – Distributes Assets to Token Owners - April 17, 2019
- eToroX Launches 8 Stablecoins on New Cryptocurrency Exchange - April 17, 2019
- Powerhouse Production Company Endemol Shine International Partners with Blockchain Startup BitMovio - April 17, 2019
- Huobi Prime’s Second EO Launch – Two Billion NEW Tokens Sold in Six Seconds - April 17, 2019
- Panxora safeguards ICO assets with crypto treasury management service - April 17, 2019
- Turing Award Winner and MIT Cryptographer, Dr. Silvio Micali, Publicly Opens TestNet at VC-backed Algorand Blockchain - April 16, 2019
- Gibraltar Stock Exchange Opens the Doors to Secondary Market for Security Tokens - April 15, 2019
- Bittreo Releases Crypto Brokerage SAAS - April 14, 2019
- International Monetary Fund (IMF) Head Says Cryptocurrency is Shaking the System – Wary Eye on Silicon Valley Data Collectors - April 14, 2019
- US Regulator SEC Issues First ‘No Action’ Letter for Unregistered ICO - April 13, 2019
- Jason Hanania: Architecture of a Technodemocracy – Author Interview - April 12, 2019
- Block.one’s FinLab EOS VC Fund Invests in Moonlighting - April 11, 2019
- Blockstack Files with SEC for Reg A+ Token Offering - April 11, 2019
- US Congress Introduces Bipartisan-Supported Token Taxonomy Act - April 10, 2019