NASDAQ-listed company Okta, a provider of identity for the enterprise has put together a $50 million investment fund called Okta Ventures. Okta Ventures plans to invest heavily in early-stage solutions for identity, security, and privacy including artificial intelligence, machine learning, and blockchain.
“In line with Okta’s vision of enabling any organization to use any technology, Okta Ventures will invest in the growing ecosystem of startups tackling issues like identity, security, and privacy,” said Frederic Kerrest, Chief Operating Officer and co-founder of Okta. “Beyond investing in industry-wide innovation, we also recognize how valuable these advancements can be for our customers, who are often looking for solutions to some of the hard problems these companies are solving. We expect the partnerships with our portfolio companies to extend our platform, and we’re committed to providing significant value to these early stage startups. Trusted Key is a perfect example of a young company working on a big idea, and we look forward to collaborating to shape the future of identity.”
In addition to announcing the creation of the fund, Okta is also announcing its first investment in Trusted Key, a blockchain-based digital identity company.
“Decentralized identity marks a profound change for the identity industry and we believe we are in the early stages of this change,” said Amit Jasuja, Chief Executive Officer of Trusted Key. “Joining the Okta Ventures portfolio gives us a chance to access more than just funds to build our business, as Okta’s experience and depth of knowledge in the identity space will be invaluable as we move forward.”
The fund will seek out startups that are aligned with Okta’s vision of enabling any organization to use any technology. Along with monetary investments, Okta Ventures plans to provide a number of unique advantages for portfolio companies, including the use of Okta software, access to expertise, SDK and API design partnerships, and co-marketing opportunities. Beyond the potential for financial returns, Okta Ventures will emphasize modern identity architecture design and adoption with its portfolio companies, as well as contributions to the Okta ecosystem, which Okta expects to increase the value of the Okta Integration Network.
Founded in 2016 by former executives from Microsoft, Oracle, and Symantec, Trusted Key has built a decentralized digital identity solution to enable organizations that work together as ecosystems to share strongly proofed user identities with user consent. Combining innovative mobile and blockchain technologies into a secure platform, Trusted Key’s enterprise-friendly approach is resonating with customers in healthcare, finance, and retail ecosystems. Trusted Key’s technology offers customers a blend of security and customizable experiences to meet modern identity challenges, much like Okta.
- ArcBlock Partners with Ride-Sharing Service GoFun to Develop Services and DApps on Blockchain - November 20, 2019
- Hacktivist Phineas Fisher Cracks Cayman National Bank and Trust – Offers $100,000 Bitcoin/Monero Bounty To Other to Hack Banks, Big Companies - November 20, 2019
- Graph Blockchain to Acquire Shroom Street – Cracking Psychedelics Market - November 20, 2019
- OpEd: Burned By Bitwala – Visa Card Money Gone When Wavecrest Wound Down - November 19, 2019
- Chinese Military Eyes Blockchain Technology for Rewards Programme – Boosting Training and Gamifying System - November 18, 2019
- FinCEN Boss: American Regulators to Strictly Enforce AML in Crypto Industry - November 18, 2019
- Visa’s Rolls Out New Blockchain LucidiTEE – Tackles Concerns related to misuse of sensitive user data, when shared with third-parties. - November 18, 2019
- Utrust Joins Forces with Alternative Airlines for Flight Bookings with Crypto - November 13, 2019
- Dark Web Drug Dealer Pleads Guilty To Using Cryptocurrency to Launder More Than $19 Million - November 13, 2019
- Dutch Police Bust CEO of Blockchain Game Firm, Komodore64 – €78 million Gone? - November 13, 2019
- Celsius Hits over $4 Billion in Crypto Loans – Leading the Industry - November 12, 2019
- Coinbase Introduces Staking Rewards on Tezos - November 6, 2019
- Volvo Cars to implement blockchain traceability of cobalt used in electric car batteries - November 6, 2019
- EU-Funded Acceleration Project, LEDGER, Offering Support Services and Up to €200k Equity-Free for Blockchain Data Governance Projects - November 6, 2019
- Global Financial System Regulators – the Financial Action Task Force – Issue Draft Guidance on Digital Identity - November 5, 2019
- David Chaum Releases XX Alpha Messenger Promising Unprecedented User Privacy - November 5, 2019
- Æternity Blockchain Developers Plan to Take On Ethereum With Final Hardfork – Handing over Governance to the Community - November 5, 2019
- Researchers Claim Cross-border B2B Blockchain Transactions set to Explode to $4.4 Trillion by 2024 - November 5, 2019
- Global Companies Unite to Unveil Comprehensive Framework for Tokenization – It’s About Time - November 5, 2019
- Microsoft Kicks Off Enterprise-ready Crypto Token Platform On Azure – Predicts Tokenization Is A Pillar Of The Coming Revolution In Multi-Party Applications That Blockchain Technology Ushered In - November 5, 2019