Coinme, a venture-backed Blockchain financial technology company and the largest fully automated, multi-national network of self-service coin-counting kiosks, announced that consumers can now walk into their local grocery store and buy Bitcoin. The coin can easily and conveniently be bought with cash at more than 2,200 Coinstar® kiosks in 21 states and the District of Columbia, by simply visiting a kiosk located inside select grocery stores or retailers such as Albertsons, Jewel, Safeway, Shaw’s or Save Mart, among others.
“Bitcoin and other digital currencies offer unique benefits to consumers — including the potential for more cost-effective and faster remittances to family and friends,” said Neil Bergquist, Coinme cofounder, and CEO.
Bergquist also added Coinme is thrilled to team up with Coinstar to make Bitcoin more accessible to consumers than ever before and offer a key component for the new digital currency economy.
Coinme, which became the first licensed Bitcoin kiosk company in the United States in 2014, now powers the largest Bitcoin kiosk network in the world, having grown from 70 to more than 2,200 locations through its collaboration with Coinstar. The Bitcoin purchasing service is now available in 21 states across the U.S., including major markets such as Boston, Chicago, Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston, Los Angeles, Philadelphia, San Diego, Seattle and Washington D.C.
“The response to being able to purchase Bitcoin at Coinstar kiosks has been extremely positive with overwhelming demand by both consumers and new retailer partners,” said Jim Gaherity, Coinstar CEO. “We are incredibly pleased with this collaboration with Coinme and are eager to continue expanding to new markets in the coming months.”
Coinstar owns and operates over 20,000 fully automated self-service coin-counting kiosks in nine countries, with thousands in the U.S. market that can be enabled to accept Bitcoin transactions.
People can buy Bitcoin by following just four simple steps at a Coinme Coinstar kiosk:
1. Go to a select Coinstar kiosk, touch “Buy Bitcoin”, review and accept the transaction terms, and enter your phone number.
2. Insert U.S. paper money into the cash acceptor (any amount up to $2,500).
3. Receive a voucher with a Bitcoin redemption code.
4. Visit www.coinme.com/redeem to create a Coinme account or sign in to your existing account to claim your Bitcoin.
- ConsenSys and WWF Panda Labs Team up on Project Impactio To Drive and Fund Social Innovation - October 2, 2019
- Codebase focusing Investments on Cannabis sector and Blockchain Ventures - July 28, 2019
- Canadian City Council Enters Agreement with Coinberry to Accept Bitcoin for Tax Payments - July 19, 2019
- BitPay Processed More Than $37 Million in Bitcoin Donations Since 2017 - June 24, 2019
- Generous Donation of $120,000 in Bitcoin by Anonymous Donor Very Well Received by Bitcoin.org - May 30, 2019
- ARK Launches the ARK Deployer, an Open Source Tool to Create a Blockchain in 3 Simple Steps - May 28, 2019
- Bitbond, a Global Lending Platform, Launches STO to Support Small Businesses in Asia with Loans - May 28, 2019
- Famous Swiss Watchmaker, Franck Muller Launches the World’s First Bitcoin Watch - May 25, 2019
- Facebook’s GlobalCoin Allegedly to be introduced in 2020 - May 24, 2019
- Mobile Carrier AT&T to Accept Online Payment Options in Cryptocurrency with BitPay - May 24, 2019
- Consumers Can Now Buy Bitcoin with Cash at 2,200 Coinstar Kiosks Located Inside Grocery Stores - May 24, 2019
- Visa Token Service Acquired by Eleven New Partners for Enhanced Consumer Confidence in the E-Commerce Space - May 23, 2019
- Voyager Announces Integration of Ledger Vault’s Asset Management System into its Crypto Trading Platform - May 22, 2019
- VeganNation Welcomes Game of Thrones Actor Jerome Flynn to its Advisory Board to Unite the Vegan Community - May 21, 2019
- Huobi Honors Bitcoin Pizza Day by Selling Bitcoin 50% off Market Price & Prime 3 Launch - May 18, 2019
- Dutch Multi City Blockchain Week to be First of its Kind with Events Hosted All Over the Country - May 17, 2019
- Partnership between Travala.com and Bitcoin.com Empowers Travelers to Save on Hotel Stays and Pay Directly with Leading Cryptocurrencies - May 16, 2019
- Q2 Holdings Announces the Launch of Q2 TrustView, a new Governance and Protection Technology for Banking and Lending - May 15, 2019
- First Security Token Blockchain called Polymesh announced by Polymath at Consensus New York 2019 - May 14, 2019
- Facebook lifts Crypto Ad Ban, One Year after the Social Media Giant Banned all Ads Related to Blockchain and Cryptocurrencies - May 9, 2019