Franck Muller, a famous Swiss Watchmaker, known for being a “Master of Complications”, and unique designs such as the distinctive Cintree Curvex shape, launches the World’s First Functional Bitcoin Watch; the Encrypto. The watch was made in Partnership with Regal Assets, a leading alternative investment company.
The Encrypto, created with the Bitcoin universe in mind, was tastefully designed using the QR code of Satoshi’s Genesis Blockaddress, a custom designed B within an emblem of circuitry. A the laser etched public wallet address elegantly sits as a QR code in its polished frame. Customers can customize both the dial and the band of the watch. Some models even include precious metals and diamonds in the dial and frame.
The regional director of Franck Muller, Erol Baliyan, said:
“We always aim to impact the customer at an emotional level and create a bond between the customer and the timepiece. As a brand, we are a trend maker with a solid track record and are not shy when it comes to adopting innovation. Bitcoin is the millennial gold is the perfect marriage between innovation and personal choice.”
Each timepiece comes as a two piece “Deep Cold Storage” set, with its own unique public address etched on the dial and a sealed USB containing the private key. Users can add their Bitcoin to their wallet or check their balance directly through the dial. The watch’s QR code and cold storage system were designed in partnership with , a renowned crypto investment company with offices in the US, Canada, the UK and the UAE.
Regal Assets made headlines in 2017 by being the first company to receive a government-issued license to trade cryptos in its deep cold storage vault.
“Our watch is currently available online and at our Dubai Mall store. We accept payment by credit card, bank transfer and also in Bitcoin. Buyers can also purchase the watch from our partner Regal Assets,” added Mr Baliyan.
The watch’s cold storage wallet uses offline generated, non-deterministic TRNGs (True Random Numbers Generated) that cannot be hacked. The method for storing Bitcoin is quite popular among holders and early adopters due to its increased security and peace of mind. Rather than rely on slips of paper, users can scan the QR code on their watch to check their balance and deposit BTC in their personal safe, or their fully insured deep cold storage vault if they are buying BTC from Regal Assets.
“I am honored to be part of the development of this process with Franck Muller. I believe this watch is revolutionary and is the perfect marriage between crypto and wearables, two booming industries. We are Regal Assets have always been big believers in cryptocurrencies and are always glad to partner up with established brands to come up with new and exciting crypto products,” says Tyler Gallagher, CEO of Regal.
The Encrypto will be a limited-edition series, with a maximum of 500 units of each version available online. What about other altcoins? Erol says that Franck Muller is currently looking into Ethereum and the top five coins, including Ripple XRP for future models.
- ConsenSys and WWF Panda Labs Team up on Project Impactio To Drive and Fund Social Innovation - October 2, 2019
- Codebase focusing Investments on Cannabis sector and Blockchain Ventures - July 28, 2019
- Canadian City Council Enters Agreement with Coinberry to Accept Bitcoin for Tax Payments - July 19, 2019
- BitPay Processed More Than $37 Million in Bitcoin Donations Since 2017 - June 24, 2019
- Generous Donation of $120,000 in Bitcoin by Anonymous Donor Very Well Received by Bitcoin.org - May 30, 2019
- ARK Launches the ARK Deployer, an Open Source Tool to Create a Blockchain in 3 Simple Steps - May 28, 2019
- Bitbond, a Global Lending Platform, Launches STO to Support Small Businesses in Asia with Loans - May 28, 2019
- Famous Swiss Watchmaker, Franck Muller Launches the World’s First Bitcoin Watch - May 25, 2019
- Facebook’s GlobalCoin Allegedly to be introduced in 2020 - May 24, 2019
- Mobile Carrier AT&T to Accept Online Payment Options in Cryptocurrency with BitPay - May 24, 2019
- Consumers Can Now Buy Bitcoin with Cash at 2,200 Coinstar Kiosks Located Inside Grocery Stores - May 24, 2019
- Visa Token Service Acquired by Eleven New Partners for Enhanced Consumer Confidence in the E-Commerce Space - May 23, 2019
- Voyager Announces Integration of Ledger Vault’s Asset Management System into its Crypto Trading Platform - May 22, 2019
- VeganNation Welcomes Game of Thrones Actor Jerome Flynn to its Advisory Board to Unite the Vegan Community - May 21, 2019
- Huobi Honors Bitcoin Pizza Day by Selling Bitcoin 50% off Market Price & Prime 3 Launch - May 18, 2019
- Dutch Multi City Blockchain Week to be First of its Kind with Events Hosted All Over the Country - May 17, 2019
- Partnership between Travala.com and Bitcoin.com Empowers Travelers to Save on Hotel Stays and Pay Directly with Leading Cryptocurrencies - May 16, 2019
- Q2 Holdings Announces the Launch of Q2 TrustView, a new Governance and Protection Technology for Banking and Lending - May 15, 2019
- First Security Token Blockchain called Polymesh announced by Polymath at Consensus New York 2019 - May 14, 2019
- Facebook lifts Crypto Ad Ban, One Year after the Social Media Giant Banned all Ads Related to Blockchain and Cryptocurrencies - May 9, 2019