CasperLabs, a blockchain-oriented Research and Development (R&D) startup, is pleased to announce the partnership with Canadian non-profit organization CryptoChicks. Cryptochicks Hackathon + Blockchain, AI Conference is held in Toronto from May 31 to June 2.
The collaboration will see CasperLabs acting as the main sponsor and co-host of the event. The conference and hackathon will be attended by over 1,000 guests. Top speakers, developers and exhibitors operating in the blockchain and AI space have already confirmed their presence.
The highlight of the event is a panel titled “Scaling Web 3.0 – The First Billion Users of Blockchain,” which will host Vitalik Buterin, co-founder of Ethereum, and Vlad Zamfir, Lead CBC Casper Architect. The panel, moderated by CasperLabs co-founder Steve Nerayoff, will touch upon the future of blockchain, its scalability, and the adoption of the Correct-by-Construction (CBC) Casper Proof-of-Stake (PoS) protocol. The later is a version of PoS consensus mechanism that is going to be implemented by both Ethereum and CasperLabs’ blockchain networks.
Interestingly, CryptoChicks co-founder Natalia Ameline happens to be the mother of Vitalik Buterin. In light of this, the hackathon has evident aspects of a family conference. Coincidence or not, the event is overlapping Children’s Day, which is celebrated on June 1 by almost 50 countries around the world. On top of that, the United Nations (UN) proclaimed June 1 to be the Global Day of Parents “to appreciate all parents in all parts of the world for their selfless commitment to children and their lifelong sacrifice towards nurturing this relationship.” This context is nourishing the atmosphere of the hackathon as a family event, in which Mrs. Ameline and her son Vitalik Buterin will be in the spotlight.
CasperLabs and Ethereum Back CBC Casper PoS
The panel hosting Vlad Zamfir and Vitalik Buterin will focus on the CBC Casper PoS consensus mechanism, which is promoted by CasperLabs and the Ethereum Foundation. CasperLabs is working on its own blockchain that will rely on a version of CBC Casper PoS protocol. Elsewhere, Ethereum network is about to replace its PoW algorithm with the new Casper technology as well.
Some of the CasperLabs team members, including Zamfir himself, are closely associated with the Ethereum Foundation. That’s why both blockchain teams came to the conclusion that CBC Casper would transform how the distributed ledger technology (DLT) works.
CBC Casper is a family of consensus protocols that pledge unparalleled benefits over traditional consensus protocols, including:
- A simple and shared consensus safety proof;
- Flexibility to build consensus protocols on top of new data structures;
- Lack of in-protocol finality threshold.
CasperLabs developers consider that PoS is the ideal consensus protocol to achieve scalability, which is why the startup is building its blockchain network around its proprietary consensus method called Correct-by-Construction (CBC) Casper Proof-of-Stake.
According to Vlad Zamfir:
“The technology promises to scale the blockchain without sacrificing decentralization through proof of stake consensus. By removing the mining required by traditional Proof of Work protocols, it will be more ecologically and economically efficient and secure than pre-existing systems.”
When asked in an interview whether the startup would be ready to further collaborate with Ethereum and other projects, CasperLabs co-founder Mrinal Manohar (who is also CEO of ADAPtive holdings) said:
“Linux is pretty great because in spite of the myriad forks, directionally there was a focus to create something great and collaborate, rather than focus on petty competition or palace intrigue. Ethereum was a genius tectonic shift not since replicated in our industry and a lot of us at CasperLabs have been seed investors and supporters of that project since its inception. Our entire code repository on Github is open source and available to everyone. If there is any part of our build that is useful to Ethereum or any project that supports the open source and decentralization ethos, we’d love to share. This is an open invitation. CBC-Casper is an important and evocative technology which needs to be implemented”.
For those who want to find out more about CBC Casper, the conference will be live streaming the event.
- Bitfinex Cryptocurrency Exchange to Offer Staking Rewards Program - April 6, 2020
- European Commission Backed Blockchain Organisation INATBA Joins WEF COVID Action Platform to Address Global Challenges - April 6, 2020
- Blockchain-Fueled Company Mateon Develops Phase 3 Clinical Drug Candidate, Against COVID-19 – OT-101 - April 6, 2020
- US Lawyers Go After Cryptocurrency Ecosystem with Multiple Class Action Suits Against Exchanges and Issuers - April 6, 2020
- Huobi Charity Joins Rally with Blockchain Community in Global Fight Against COVID-19 - April 2, 2020
- Binance Officially Absorbs CoinMarketCap in $400 million deal - April 2, 2020
- RealT Tokenises and Sells USD One Million in Real Estate On Ethereum - March 30, 2020
- IOTA Teams Up with Eclipse Foundation to Work on Decentralised Marketplace and Identity Solutions to Help Fight Pandemic - March 30, 2020
- University of Malta Students Develop and Use Blockchain Voting Application - March 30, 2020
- Japan’s Nomura Securities and BOOSTRY Issue First Blockchain Digital Bond Offering - March 30, 2020
- Opera Rolls out Update and Expansion of its Cryptocurrency-Friendly Browser Blockchain Architecture - March 30, 2020
- Hong Kong Bank Partners with Aegis to Focus On Asset Digitalization Using Blockchain Technology - March 30, 2020
- European Union Looking to Blockchain Technology for Defense? - March 30, 2020
- Tech against Corona (COVID-19) – Dutch Enterprise Blockchain Company TYMLEZ Helps Dutch Government - March 29, 2020
- Microsoft Patents Human Activity Mining for Cryptocurrency Systems – Data Generated Based on Body Activity can be Proof-of-Work - March 27, 2020
- Binance Kicks Off $5 Million Coronavirus Relief Campaign and Donates USD $1 Million - March 27, 2020
- Medici Ventures Keiretsu Companies GrainChain and Symbiont Working Together to Expand Global Operations - March 27, 2020
- Blockchain-Fueled Entertainment Platform Ficto Launches Interactive Streaming Network - March 27, 2020
- SettleMint – Belgian blockchain startup raises USD $2.09 Million for Expansion - March 27, 2020
- Exclusive Interview: Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency Leader Michael Terpin Sees Light in The Covid-19 Tunnel - March 26, 2020
Also published on Medium.