Jason Mander, Chief Research Officer at GlobalWebIndex, commented:
“When it comes to attitudes, there’s very little difference between men and women. The slight differences pale when we compare cryptocurrency holders to the general public.”
“We wanted to demystify the people that shape the cryptocurrency industry. I’m hoping this report will help everyone to better understand who these people are, what their attitudes are, as well as their lifestyle, finance & investment behaviours,” added Eric Demuth, CEO at Bitpanda.
Key findings of the research report include:
- Cryptocurrency holders tend to be young, highly educated, high-income males working in European financial centres in IT, engineering or finance.
- This stereotype is challenged by increasing diversity. 1 in 5 cryptocurrency holders are women, and 40% are over the age of 35.
- European cryptocurrency holders have the technical knowledge, higher disposable income, and they tend to lean towards risk-taking.
- They pursue novelty and have a strong sense of economic empowerment.
The report confirms that cryptocurrency holders are more likely to be risk-takers, value the latest technological products and try to protect their privacy. But while most cryptocurrency holders are men, one in every five cryptocurrency owners are female, challenging other surveys showing gender distributions that were more than 90% male.:
GlobalWebIndex is a market research company founded by Tom Smith in 2009 that provides consumer profiling data to publishers, media agencies and marketers around the world. GlobalWebIndex profiles consumers across 45 countries with a panel of 22m connected consumers.
Bitpanda is a fintech based in Vienna, Austria founded in 2014 by Eric Demuth, Paul Klanschek and Christian Trummer.
- Archax Opts for R3’s Corda for Digital Exchange DLT Infrastructure - October 18, 2019
- Dubai Property Giant Emaar to Launch Blockchain-Based Rewards and Loyalty Ecosystem - October 17, 2019
- World’s Largest Cryptocurrency-Fueled Darknet Child Pornography Website Hammered – 300+Busted - October 17, 2019
- Wanxiang Blockchain and PlatON Launch Consortium Blockchain Infrastructure in China - October 7, 2019
- PayPal Quits Facebook Cryptocurrency Project Libra - October 7, 2019
- Walmart To Use Blockchain For Shrimp - October 7, 2019
- Channel Tools adds Blockchain-Driven Verification Service Evident Proof To It’s Kit - October 7, 2019
- Zuckerberg Under Intense Pressure to Testify to US Congress about Libra - October 4, 2019
- Report: Canadian Blockchain Industry Has Some of The Highest Paid Workers in the Country - October 4, 2019
- Bavarian Company RISE Wealth Technologies with Houston-based Entoro, Launching Largest European STO to Date at USD$120 million - October 4, 2019
- October Launch Confirmation for Telegram Open Network (TON) - October 4, 2019
- Liechtenstein Parliament Passes Blockchain Act - October 4, 2019
- Pioneer of Blockchain Certification For The Visual Arts Verisart, Raises $2.5 million in Series Seed Funding - October 4, 2019
- Uruguayan Digital Party to Embrace Æternity Blockchain Technology For Member Voting - October 3, 2019
- Decentralized Trading Technology Startup Vega Raises $5 Million Seed – Pantera Capital Leads Oversubscribed Round - October 3, 2019
- Malta-Based OKEx Kicks Off Global Compliance Standards Initiative for Cryptocurrency Exchanges - October 3, 2019
- Dama Financial and Helix TCS Establish First Blockchain-Fueled, Complaint Cannabis Marketplace - October 3, 2019
- New Digital Rights Law Enacted in Russia – Establishes Basic Definition Of Tokens And Governs Smart Contracts - October 2, 2019
- Six major Japanese Brokerage Firms Establish Japan Security Token Offering Association - October 2, 2019
- Vancouver’s BIGG Digital Assets Cuts Deal with US Federal Government Agency - October 2, 2019
Also published on Medium.