Open-source Blockchain Organisation Hyperledger, is growing – it welcomed 11 new members to its expanding enterprise blockchain community. The latest general members to join the community are Bitfury, Blockforce, Cargill, The Elamachain Foundation, FNZ, Mindtree, Splunk, Truffle Blockchain Group, Inc., and Unbound Tech.
“Our annual member summit is always a time to reflect on our progress as a community and a springboard for new technology,” said Brian Behlendorf, Executive Director, Hyperledger. “It’s rewarding to see our projects are now powering hundreds of production networks, and we are going deeper into enterprises and wider with our developments every day. The newest members add even more depth and breadth to our community, which is the driving force behind our mission of advancing open-source enterprise blockchain adoption.”
The announcement comes as Hyperledger members from around the world are meeting in Tokyo, Japan, at the annual Hyperledger Member Summit, a two-day event dedicated to community-driven planning, training, and networking.
“Bitfury’s decision to join the Linux Foundation and Hyperledger reflects our commitment to make the world more transparent and trusted through the use of blockchain applications and other emerging technologies,” said Valery Vavilov, CEO and co-founder of Bitfury. “We look forward to collaborating with leaders across a variety of sectors to build new blockchain solutions that improve the services and systems that people use every day.”
Hyperledger is a multi-venture, multi-stakeholder effort hosted at the Linux Foundation that includes various enterprise blockchain and distributed ledger technologies. Hyperledger continues to grow its membership, technology portfolio and domain expertise. In addition to these latest new members, Hyperledger recently added a 14th project, Hyperledger Transact.
“Blockforce is a social innovation-driven blockchain research and builder,” said André Salem, Founder & CEO at Blockforce. “Offering tech consulting, we build blockchain-based digital products, providing creative problem solving and end-to-end blockchain services support. We’ve pioneer uses cases in Brazil using mostly Hyperledger technologies and are excited to collaborate closely with the Hyperledger community and boost our ecosystem’s impact legacy.”
Hyperledger allows organizations to create solid, industry-specific applications, platforms and hardware systems to support their individual business transactions by offering enterprise-grade, open-source distributed ledger frameworks and code bases.
“An open-first technology principle and industry consortia are the tools that will help global food and agricultural companies embrace digital to feed the world,” said Justin Kershaw, chief information officer (CIO), Cargill. “The Hyperledger community provides all of us access to the best thinking to help accelerate technology solutions, transform supply chains and address the world’s urgent food challenges. Cargill has actively contributed to Hyperledger projects by sharing our digital expertise and engineering, and more importantly our industry leadership and experience in food and agriculture. We are thrilled to become a formal member of this consortium and continue this important work.”
Hyperledger supports an open community that values the contributions and participation from various entities. As such, pre-approved non-profits, open-source projects and government entities can join Hyperledger at no cost as associate members. Associate members joining this month include the University of Nicosia and The United Nations International Computing Centre (UNICC).
“The Elamachain Foundation is the fusion of blockchain and AI and an opinion leader of the Fourth Industrial Revolution,” said Kevin Kang, Director in Chief, The Elamachain Foundation. “Our business in Korea specializes in AI chatbot and commerce while our R&D teams in Singapore and the U.S. are developing permissioned blockchain as a base for on-chain payment systems and ’emotional intelligence AI core,’ which is a core technology. We operate our business with a vision for where high technology can take us. Joining the global Hyperledger community will help us deliver on that vision.”
Hyperledger is an open-source collaborative effort created to advance cross-industry blockchain technologies. It is a global collaboration including leaders in finance, banking, Internet of Things, supply chains, manufacturing, and Technology. The Linux Foundation hosts Hyperledger under the foundation. To learn more, visit: https://www.hyperledger.org/.
- Token Taxonomy Workshop – - January 24, 2020
- Deloitte Bullish on Libra Project in New Report - January 22, 2020
- Busted: SEC Charges Blockchain Marketplace Founder Sergii “Sergey” Grybniak for Fraudulent ICO 2017 - January 22, 2020
- DC Blockchain Advocacy Group US Chamber of Digital Commerce Supports Telegram Vs. SEC Case - January 22, 2020
- BIS Forms New Central Bank Think Tank to Assess National Cryptocurrencies - January 22, 2020
- Bank of England Pondering National Cryptocurrency - January 22, 2020
- Infamous Online Gaming Community Clanbase to Relaunch With Blockchain Technology in 2021 - January 21, 2020
- Chainalysis: 2019 Saw More Cryptocurrency Hacks – Total Amount Stolen From Exchanges Dropped To $283 Million - January 21, 2020
- J. Christopher Giancarlo, former Chairman of the US Commodity Futures Trading Commission - January 21, 2020
- Ethereum Classic Labs Donates $1 Million to UNICEF Innovation Ventures - January 20, 2020
- Busted: SEC and U.S. Attorney’s Office for the District of New Jersey Files Lawsuits Against Fraudulent ICO that raised $30 million - January 17, 2020
- Kenya Issues Second ICO Warning After Investors Lose €24+ Million Euro - January 17, 2020
- Neufund Wraps Tokenised Equity Crowdfunding Series B with Greyp Bikes raising €1.4m EUR - January 17, 2020
- U.S. Lawmakers Pondering “Crypto-Currency Act of 2020” - January 17, 2020
- New Blockchain-based Visa Token Service Set To Launch in 2020 – Set to Reach $1 Trillion - January 17, 2020
- Germany’s New Shore Invest Launches STO Ship Financing Platform – Tokenised Fractional Ownership - January 16, 2020
- Open Source Luminary Marc Fleury Enters Crypto Arena with Announcement of New Crypto Asset Class and Continuous Token Offering Sale - January 16, 2020
- UN Warns Public Not To Attend North Korea Blockchain and Cryptocurrency Conference 2020 - January 16, 2020
- Fiat-to-Crypto Gateway Solution, Banxa, Raises $2 Million USD Series A Round Led By NGC Ventures - January 15, 2020
- United Africa Blockchain Association Plans to Fire Up Blockchain Adoption - January 14, 2020
Also published on Medium.