Open-source Blockchain Organisation Hyperledger, is growing – it welcomed 11 new members to its expanding enterprise blockchain community. The latest general members to join the community are Bitfury, Blockforce, Cargill, The Elamachain Foundation, FNZ, Mindtree, Splunk, Truffle Blockchain Group, Inc., and Unbound Tech.
“Our annual member summit is always a time to reflect on our progress as a community and a springboard for new technology,” said Brian Behlendorf, Executive Director, Hyperledger. “It’s rewarding to see our projects are now powering hundreds of production networks, and we are going deeper into enterprises and wider with our developments every day. The newest members add even more depth and breadth to our community, which is the driving force behind our mission of advancing open-source enterprise blockchain adoption.”
The announcement comes as Hyperledger members from around the world are meeting in Tokyo, Japan, at the annual Hyperledger Member Summit, a two-day event dedicated to community-driven planning, training, and networking.
“Bitfury’s decision to join the Linux Foundation and Hyperledger reflects our commitment to make the world more transparent and trusted through the use of blockchain applications and other emerging technologies,” said Valery Vavilov, CEO and co-founder of Bitfury. “We look forward to collaborating with leaders across a variety of sectors to build new blockchain solutions that improve the services and systems that people use every day.”
Hyperledger is a multi-venture, multi-stakeholder effort hosted at the Linux Foundation that includes various enterprise blockchain and distributed ledger technologies. Hyperledger continues to grow its membership, technology portfolio and domain expertise. In addition to these latest new members, Hyperledger recently added a 14th project, Hyperledger Transact.
“Blockforce is a social innovation-driven blockchain research and builder,” said André Salem, Founder & CEO at Blockforce. “Offering tech consulting, we build blockchain-based digital products, providing creative problem solving and end-to-end blockchain services support. We’ve pioneer uses cases in Brazil using mostly Hyperledger technologies and are excited to collaborate closely with the Hyperledger community and boost our ecosystem’s impact legacy.”
Hyperledger allows organizations to create solid, industry-specific applications, platforms and hardware systems to support their individual business transactions by offering enterprise-grade, open-source distributed ledger frameworks and code bases.
“An open-first technology principle and industry consortia are the tools that will help global food and agricultural companies embrace digital to feed the world,” said Justin Kershaw, chief information officer (CIO), Cargill. “The Hyperledger community provides all of us access to the best thinking to help accelerate technology solutions, transform supply chains and address the world’s urgent food challenges. Cargill has actively contributed to Hyperledger projects by sharing our digital expertise and engineering, and more importantly our industry leadership and experience in food and agriculture. We are thrilled to become a formal member of this consortium and continue this important work.”
Hyperledger supports an open community that values the contributions and participation from various entities. As such, pre-approved non-profits, open-source projects and government entities can join Hyperledger at no cost as associate members. Associate members joining this month include the University of Nicosia and The United Nations International Computing Centre (UNICC).
“The Elamachain Foundation is the fusion of blockchain and AI and an opinion leader of the Fourth Industrial Revolution,” said Kevin Kang, Director in Chief, The Elamachain Foundation. “Our business in Korea specializes in AI chatbot and commerce while our R&D teams in Singapore and the U.S. are developing permissioned blockchain as a base for on-chain payment systems and ’emotional intelligence AI core,’ which is a core technology. We operate our business with a vision for where high technology can take us. Joining the global Hyperledger community will help us deliver on that vision.”
Hyperledger is an open-source collaborative effort created to advance cross-industry blockchain technologies. It is a global collaboration including leaders in finance, banking, Internet of Things, supply chains, manufacturing, and Technology. The Linux Foundation hosts Hyperledger under the foundation. To learn more, visit: https://www.hyperledger.org/.
- Bitpay Opens Up Doors For Ethereum Payments - September 16, 2019
- Neufund Launches Blockchain-Driven Equity Token Sale for Retail Investors Out of Lichtenstein - September 16, 2019
- London Blockchain Accelerator Academy Looking for Partners - September 13, 2019
- Blockchain Startup Blockstack Raises a Whopping $23 Million In SEC-Qualified Reg A+ Token Offering - September 12, 2019
- France Vows to Block Facebook Libra Cryptocurrency in Europe - September 12, 2019
- R3 and Mastercard Team Up Mastercard to Build Overseas Payments System Build on Blockchain - September 12, 2019
- ConsenSys Officially Joins Hyperledger Project – Adding Public Blockchain Capability to Hyperledger - September 11, 2019
- Telegram Open Network Labs Releases Development Suite for TON Blockchain - September 11, 2019
- Whale Alert: USD One Billion+ BTC Was Transferred in One Transaction Last Week - September 11, 2019
- New Professional API Trading Program AlgoX Prime API Launched by eToroX - September 11, 2019
- Bitcoin.com’s Roger Ver Steps in to Operate Node on Cryptographer David Chaum’s New Elixxer Project - September 11, 2019
- Seychelles Heats Up With a First for a National Stock Exchange – MERJ Exchange Goes Live with Tokenized IPO - September 10, 2019
- Computing Legend Steve Wozniak To Launch Blockchain Energy Project – EFFORCE - September 10, 2019
- Hollywood Star Wesley Snipes To Tokenize $25 Million USD Movie Fund with Liechtenstein Blockchain Innovator LCX - September 9, 2019
- Netki Extends TransactID Solution For FATF “Travel Rule” Compliance - September 9, 2019
- Market Demand For Sophisticated Crypto Trading Methods Drives Singapore’s Broctagon Fintech Group To New Heights – Pushing Them Past $5 million - September 5, 2019
- London-based Custodian For Digital Assets, Copper, Reach $500m In Transactions In Just Three Months - September 5, 2019
- UN Meeting: Gibraltar Lawyers Call For A Global Regulatory Framework For Cryptocurrencies - September 4, 2019
- Michael Terpin’s BitAngels Investor Network Partners with Bitcoin Bay to Expand Blockchain Investment Ecosystem in Toronto, Canada - September 3, 2019
- Coinanalyst Launches Socializer – New Communication Tool - September 3, 2019
Also published on Medium.