Emaar, the Dubai-based property developer behind the world’s tallest building, Burj Khalifa, and the Dubai Mall, the most visited shopping and entertainment destination in the world, is releasing a new blockchain-based referral and loyalty platform.
The new EMR platform will reward Emaar customers with tokens for their loyalty and business referrals and an additional utility token will act as a multi-industry referral and loyalty system, spanning Emaar’s wide array of available services, including retail, leisure, hospitality and residential development.
This is the first product of its kind being launched in the world by a real estate company, and they plan to provide Emaar’s customers with digital tokens using blockchain technology on a mobile application. Tokenization of loyalty points not only provides users with all the benefits current loyalty schemes offer but also provides real monetary value through external trading platforms.
Mohamed Alabbar, Chairman of Emaar, stated:
“We didn’t become Emaar by standing still, or by thinking small. By launching the EMR utility token ecosystem, Emaar is expanding the concept of connection. We aren’t just looking into the future — we are building it.”
Consumers will be able to use Emaar’s dedicated EMR mobile application on Android and iOS to access the referral and loyalty system and earn or redeem EMR tokens. The platform and tokens are built on Quorum, the JPMorgan variant of Ethereum, and are expected to be released before the end of the year, with an early sale of rights having been conducted by Bitcoin Suisse AG and ending in October.
Hadi Kabalan, Director of Tokenisation at Emaar, said:
“We have an existing ecosystem and a large customer base, as well as millions of further potential users globally who have yet to discover Emaar. Our blockchain token platform positions us to grow our user engagement with today’s digital-native, mobile-first generation who expect a fairer internet and want to be part of the conversation.”
The recent Tokenization, Loyalty and Blockchain survey by KPMG LLP revealed that consumers across all age groups are increasingly willing to make purchases with tokens, indicating a wide range of new opportunities for businesses to engage with their customers and transform commerce using blockchain. The findings also highlighted the fact that the majority of consumers familiar with the definition of blockchain-based tokens believe it will enable them to make better use of loyalty reward points.
As the leading developer of world-class destinations, the pioneering venture will not only provide Emaar’s international clientele with access to a deep referral and loyalty system but also add a new digital revenue stream for Emaar.
- Token Taxonomy Workshop – - January 24, 2020
- Deloitte Bullish on Libra Project in New Report - January 22, 2020
- Busted: SEC Charges Blockchain Marketplace Founder Sergii “Sergey” Grybniak for Fraudulent ICO 2017 - January 22, 2020
- DC Blockchain Advocacy Group US Chamber of Digital Commerce Supports Telegram Vs. SEC Case - January 22, 2020
- BIS Forms New Central Bank Think Tank to Assess National Cryptocurrencies - January 22, 2020
- Bank of England Pondering National Cryptocurrency - January 22, 2020
- Infamous Online Gaming Community Clanbase to Relaunch With Blockchain Technology in 2021 - January 21, 2020
- Chainalysis: 2019 Saw More Cryptocurrency Hacks – Total Amount Stolen From Exchanges Dropped To $283 Million - January 21, 2020
- J. Christopher Giancarlo, former Chairman of the US Commodity Futures Trading Commission - January 21, 2020
- Ethereum Classic Labs Donates $1 Million to UNICEF Innovation Ventures - January 20, 2020
- Busted: SEC and U.S. Attorney’s Office for the District of New Jersey Files Lawsuits Against Fraudulent ICO that raised $30 million - January 17, 2020
- Kenya Issues Second ICO Warning After Investors Lose €24+ Million Euro - January 17, 2020
- Neufund Wraps Tokenised Equity Crowdfunding Series B with Greyp Bikes raising €1.4m EUR - January 17, 2020
- U.S. Lawmakers Pondering “Crypto-Currency Act of 2020” - January 17, 2020
- New Blockchain-based Visa Token Service Set To Launch in 2020 – Set to Reach $1 Trillion - January 17, 2020
- Germany’s New Shore Invest Launches STO Ship Financing Platform – Tokenised Fractional Ownership - January 16, 2020
- Open Source Luminary Marc Fleury Enters Crypto Arena with Announcement of New Crypto Asset Class and Continuous Token Offering Sale - January 16, 2020
- UN Warns Public Not To Attend North Korea Blockchain and Cryptocurrency Conference 2020 - January 16, 2020
- Fiat-to-Crypto Gateway Solution, Banxa, Raises $2 Million USD Series A Round Led By NGC Ventures - January 15, 2020
- United Africa Blockchain Association Plans to Fire Up Blockchain Adoption - January 14, 2020
Also published on Medium.