Emaar, the Dubai-based property developer behind the world’s tallest building, Burj Khalifa, and the Dubai Mall, the most visited shopping and entertainment destination in the world, is releasing a new blockchain-based referral and loyalty platform.
The new EMR platform will reward Emaar customers with tokens for their loyalty and business referrals and an additional utility token will act as a multi-industry referral and loyalty system, spanning Emaar’s wide array of available services, including retail, leisure, hospitality and residential development.
This is the first product of its kind being launched in the world by a real estate company, and they plan to provide Emaar’s customers with digital tokens using blockchain technology on a mobile application. Tokenization of loyalty points not only provides users with all the benefits current loyalty schemes offer but also provides real monetary value through external trading platforms.
Mohamed Alabbar, Chairman of Emaar, stated:
“We didn’t become Emaar by standing still, or by thinking small. By launching the EMR utility token ecosystem, Emaar is expanding the concept of connection. We aren’t just looking into the future — we are building it.”
Consumers will be able to use Emaar’s dedicated EMR mobile application on Android and iOS to access the referral and loyalty system and earn or redeem EMR tokens. The platform and tokens are built on Quorum, the JPMorgan variant of Ethereum, and are expected to be released before the end of the year, with an early sale of rights having been conducted by Bitcoin Suisse AG and ending in October.
Hadi Kabalan, Director of Tokenisation at Emaar, said:
“We have an existing ecosystem and a large customer base, as well as millions of further potential users globally who have yet to discover Emaar. Our blockchain token platform positions us to grow our user engagement with today’s digital-native, mobile-first generation who expect a fairer internet and want to be part of the conversation.”
The recent Tokenization, Loyalty and Blockchain survey by KPMG LLP revealed that consumers across all age groups are increasingly willing to make purchases with tokens, indicating a wide range of new opportunities for businesses to engage with their customers and transform commerce using blockchain. The findings also highlighted the fact that the majority of consumers familiar with the definition of blockchain-based tokens believe it will enable them to make better use of loyalty reward points.
As the leading developer of world-class destinations, the pioneering venture will not only provide Emaar’s international clientele with access to a deep referral and loyalty system but also add a new digital revenue stream for Emaar.
- Dutch Police Bust CEO of Blockchain Game Firm, Komodore64 – €78 million Gone? - November 13, 2019
- Celsius Hits over $4 Billion in Crypto Loans – Leading the Industry - November 12, 2019
- Coinbase Introduces Staking Rewards on Tezos - November 6, 2019
- Volvo Cars to implement blockchain traceability of cobalt used in electric car batteries - November 6, 2019
- EU-Funded Acceleration Project, LEDGER, Offering Support Services and Up to €200k Equity-Free for Blockchain Data Governance Projects - November 6, 2019
- Global Financial System Regulators – the Financial Action Task Force – Issue Draft Guidance on Digital Identity - November 5, 2019
- David Chaum Releases XX Alpha Messenger Promising Unprecedented User Privacy - November 5, 2019
- Æternity Blockchain Developers Plan to Take On Ethereum With Final Hardfork – Handing over Governance to the Community - November 5, 2019
- Researchers Claim Cross-border B2B Blockchain Transactions set to Explode to $4.4 Trillion by 2024 - November 5, 2019
- Global Companies Unite to Unveil Comprehensive Framework for Tokenization – It’s About Time - November 5, 2019
- Microsoft Kicks Off Enterprise-ready Crypto Token Platform On Azure – Predicts Tokenization Is A Pillar Of The Coming Revolution In Multi-Party Applications That Blockchain Technology Ushered In - November 5, 2019
- Polish-British Blockchain Company Billon to Digitise Euro in Deal with Raiffeisen Bank International - November 5, 2019
- 500.com Limited Releases Intel on Blockchain Technology for China’s Lottery Industry - November 4, 2019
- Oxfam, Etherisc, and Aon Find Success with First Blockchain-Based Agricultural Insurance Policies for Smallholder Farmers in Sri Lanka - November 4, 2019
- Interview: Brock Pierce and Two Prime’s Alexander S. Blum - November 4, 2019
- Samsung Bullish on Blockchain – Pushing for Developers on New Samsung Blockchain Platform SDK - November 1, 2019
- Busted: SEC and CFTC Nail First Global Credit – a Swiss Security-Based Bitcoin Swaps Dealer That Allegedly Aimed at American Investors - November 1, 2019
- Zilliqa and Oxford Women in Computer Science Society Join to Bring Diversity to Blockchain Sector - November 1, 2019
- VeganNation Add Brazilian Football Superstar Cafu to It’s Advisory Board - October 31, 2019
- Alliance Investments Announces Plans Tokenization of £500m in UK Real Estate in STOs - October 31, 2019
Also published on Medium.