Crypto luminary David Chaum’s project Elixxir has released the xx alpha messenger, which is the first smartphone dApp running on the project’s xx network public alpha.
“We’ve worked hard over many years to build the infrastructure of the xx network and lay the groundwork for privacy-protecting tools like xx messenger. It’s one thing to describe such a privacy-protecting platform, it’s quite another to make it available for use on a smartphone. I’m very proud to show what the xx network is capable of and look forward to building more privacy-protecting dApps alongside our talented team,” stated Chaum.
Chaum is widely known for inventing the first digital currency, e-Cash, in the early 1980s, which he later deployed in the 1990s at his company DigiCash. He has also recently been credited with proposing the first decentralized blockchain as his Ph.D. dissertation at Berkeley in 1982.
“Our goal has always been to support mainstream adoption. This test messenger allows community members to verify that the xx network successfully addresses the scaling challenges often described as the blockchain ‘trilemma’. It was critically important to us to release a first dApp on the smartphone that was consumer-focused because we believe that blockchain’s future is in day-to-day use by everyone,” added Ben Wenger, the engineer who leads Elixxir’s development.
According to the team, the xx messenger offers unprecedented user privacy, as they claim no other existing software erases user data to prevent observers from making the connection between the sender and receiver.
To begin private messaging on the xx alpha messenger, go to xxcollective.io and download the smartphone app.
The xx alpha messenger shreds metadata generated by users while also providing end-to-end encryption of message content. This metadata is retained by most current software and smartphone apps, creating a mountain of information about a user’s activities, such as a record of every interaction with any other user. Metadata can be tracked by third parties to reveal intimate details about the patterns and structure of our lives.
Elixxir’s revolutionary cMix network delivers low latency while efficiently mixing and processing messages and other transactions in high volume. The xx network public alpha runs on five global nodes located on four continents and is on track to scale to 1,000-5,000 transactions per second. As the xx network is developed it will incorporate the work of Praxxis, a quantum-secure digital currency and blockchain also developed by David Chaum.
To begin private messaging on the xx alpha messenger, go to xxcollective.io and join the xx collective Access List by downloading the app in iOS or Android.
The xx collective is the global community supporting David Chaum’s projects. The xx collective app is available on iOS and Android to support participation for Praxxis on the way to MainNet and for Elixxir as a privacy-protecting platform. For more information, please visit www.xxcollective.io
Elixxir is a privacy-protecting transaction platform. xx network nodes protect privacy by running the Elixxir mix software that obscures metadata generated by a user’s daily activities. The platform will support secure messaging, payments, and decentralized application (dApp) data transfer. Elixxir is capable of supporting high volumes with extremely fast processing to support global consumer adoption of the decentralized blockchain.
- U.S. Lawmakers Pondering “Crypto-Currency Act of 2020” - January 17, 2020
- New Blockchain-based Visa Token Service Set To Launch in 2020 – Set to Reach $1 Trillion - January 17, 2020
- Germany’s New Shore Invest Launches STO Ship Financing Platform – Tokenised Fractional Ownership - January 16, 2020
- Open Source Luminary Marc Fleury Enters Crypto Arena with Announcement of New Crypto Asset Class and Continuous Token Offering Sale - January 16, 2020
- UN Warns Public Not To Attend North Korea Blockchain and Cryptocurrency Conference 2020 - January 16, 2020
- Fiat-to-Crypto Gateway Solution, Banxa, Raises $2 Million USD Series A Round Led By NGC Ventures - January 15, 2020
- United Africa Blockchain Association Plans to Fire Up Blockchain Adoption - January 14, 2020
- Thai Actor and Victim’s Bitcoin Buddy Implicated in Kidnapping and Ransom of Singaporean National in Thailand - January 14, 2020
- Securitize Runs First-Ever IRA Investment In Digital Securities - January 14, 2020
- NBA Star Spencer Dinwiddie “Tokenizing” His Contract With or Without NBA Green Light - January 13, 2020
- European Central Bank President Christine Lagarde Says ECB Bullish on Digital Currencies - January 13, 2020
- Canadian Crypto Company Voyager Digital Completes Acquisition of US Registered Broker-Dealer - January 13, 2020
- Cogito, Hong Kong-Based Entertainment Studio, Launches Decentralised Autonomous Virtual Horse Racing Game - January 9, 2020
- Blockchain Bandwagon Company Longfin CEO Settles with US SEC for $400,000 - January 7, 2020
- Winklevoss Brothers Invest in $5 million Seed Round for TaxBit - January 7, 2020
- Securrency Secures $17.65 million in Series A funding round Led by WisdomTree - January 7, 2020
- Measure Protocol Backed with £2m in New Funding for Blockchain-Powered Person-Based Data Marketplace - January 7, 2020
- The Next Wave of Crypto – Traction is Key – And Mobile Mining is Gaining Massive Adoption - January 2, 2020
- Google Reverses Metamask Ban from Playstore - January 1, 2020
- Bankex Launches Token Exchange Engine in Telegram - December 31, 2019
Also published on Medium.