A fresh report from Juniper Research claims the total value of B2B cross-border payments stored on the blockchain will exceed $4.4 trillion by 2024 – a massive increase from the mere $171 billion in 2019.
According to research author, Dr Morgane Kimmich:
“The implementation of blockchain is part of a wider strategy for financial institutions to digitally transform operations. Blockchain will enable stakeholders to reduce operational costs in a competitive market that is becoming increasingly commoditised”.
The new paid-for research, Blockchain: Key Vertical Opportunities, Trends & Challenges 2019-2030, estimates that financial institutions will save $7 billion by 2024. How? Apparently automation of KYC tied to the Blockchain will ease in identifying users via self-sovereign identity platforms.
Juniper, however, is giving away some intel with a free paper called, 5 Most Promising Use Cases for Blockchain.
Juniper Research investigated fifteen top blockchain vendors, judging them on experience in the sector, marketing efforts and customer deployments along with their blockchain solutions. They positioned the 5 leading vendors as follows:
- Infosys Finacle
The research scored IBM highly for its diverse blockchain solutions in production, with a strong client base for many verticals. Additionally, Infosys Finacle has established itself as a leading blockchain provider for financial institutions, with global partners and popular blockchain solutions.
The researchers determined that Ripple, Visa and IBM are driving blockchain innovation in cross-border payments with Ripple leading the market since 2012 and capitalising on its early mover advantage to grow to over 200 financial institution partners in 2019.
“However, Ripple is facing increased competition from Visa B2B Connect and IBM Blockchain World Wire, which have already grown their presence in 60 countries and have high-profile partners in the financial ecosystem. The research anticipates that both companies will continue to exploit their global presence, trusted brand names and established partner networks to scale their solutions.”
Juniper Research provides paid-for research and analytical services to the global hi-tech communications sector; providing consultancy, analyst reports and industry commentary.
- Canadian Blockchain-Energised Company VitalHub Announces Deployment of COVID-19 Electronic Screening Tool for Long Term Care - April 8, 2020
- Blockchain Powered Immuno-Oncology Company Mateon Claims Anti-Malarial Drug Called Artemisinin, Derived from Asian Medicine Can Help Fight Covid-19 - April 8, 2020
- Auto Manufacturer Tesla To Use Blockchain Technology to Speed Up Shipping Supply Chain - April 8, 2020
- BlockConf DIGITAL Announces Epic 48-hours Online Blockchain Conference - April 7, 2020
- Global Virtual Earth Day Event Planned for April 22nd EST From The Blockchain for Social Impact Coalition - April 7, 2020
- ConsenSys’ Health Division Kicks Off STOP COVID-19 International Ethereum Hackathon – April 13, 2020 - April 7, 2020
- Bitfinex Cryptocurrency Exchange to Offer Staking Rewards Program - April 6, 2020
- European Commission Backed Blockchain Organisation INATBA Joins WEF COVID Action Platform to Address Global Challenges - April 6, 2020
- Blockchain-Fueled Company Mateon Develops Phase 3 Clinical Drug Candidate, Against COVID-19 – OT-101 - April 6, 2020
- US Lawyers Go After Cryptocurrency Ecosystem with Multiple Class Action Suits Against Exchanges and Issuers - April 6, 2020
- Huobi Charity Joins Rally with Blockchain Community in Global Fight Against COVID-19 - April 2, 2020
- Binance Officially Absorbs CoinMarketCap in $400 million deal - April 2, 2020
- RealT Tokenises and Sells USD One Million in Real Estate On Ethereum - March 30, 2020
- IOTA Teams Up with Eclipse Foundation to Work on Decentralised Marketplace and Identity Solutions to Help Fight Pandemic - March 30, 2020
- University of Malta Students Develop and Use Blockchain Voting Application - March 30, 2020
- Japan’s Nomura Securities and BOOSTRY Issue First Blockchain Digital Bond Offering - March 30, 2020
- Opera Rolls out Update and Expansion of its Cryptocurrency-Friendly Browser Blockchain Architecture - March 30, 2020
- Hong Kong Bank Partners with Aegis to Focus On Asset Digitalization Using Blockchain Technology - March 30, 2020
- European Union Looking to Blockchain Technology for Defense? - March 30, 2020
- Tech against Corona (COVID-19) – Dutch Enterprise Blockchain Company TYMLEZ Helps Dutch Government - March 29, 2020
Also published on Medium.