A fresh report from Juniper Research claims the total value of B2B cross-border payments stored on the blockchain will exceed $4.4 trillion by 2024 – a massive increase from the mere $171 billion in 2019.
According to research author, Dr Morgane Kimmich:
“The implementation of blockchain is part of a wider strategy for financial institutions to digitally transform operations. Blockchain will enable stakeholders to reduce operational costs in a competitive market that is becoming increasingly commoditised”.
The new paid-for research, Blockchain: Key Vertical Opportunities, Trends & Challenges 2019-2030, estimates that financial institutions will save $7 billion by 2024. How? Apparently automation of KYC tied to the Blockchain will ease in identifying users via self-sovereign identity platforms.
Juniper, however, is giving away some intel with a free paper called, 5 Most Promising Use Cases for Blockchain.
Juniper Research investigated fifteen top blockchain vendors, judging them on experience in the sector, marketing efforts and customer deployments along with their blockchain solutions. They positioned the 5 leading vendors as follows:
- Infosys Finacle
The research scored IBM highly for its diverse blockchain solutions in production, with a strong client base for many verticals. Additionally, Infosys Finacle has established itself as a leading blockchain provider for financial institutions, with global partners and popular blockchain solutions.
The researchers determined that Ripple, Visa and IBM are driving blockchain innovation in cross-border payments with Ripple leading the market since 2012 and capitalising on its early mover advantage to grow to over 200 financial institution partners in 2019.
“However, Ripple is facing increased competition from Visa B2B Connect and IBM Blockchain World Wire, which have already grown their presence in 60 countries and have high-profile partners in the financial ecosystem. The research anticipates that both companies will continue to exploit their global presence, trusted brand names and established partner networks to scale their solutions.”
Juniper Research provides paid-for research and analytical services to the global hi-tech communications sector; providing consultancy, analyst reports and industry commentary.
- U.S. Lawmakers Pondering “Crypto-Currency Act of 2020” - January 17, 2020
- New Blockchain-based Visa Token Service Set To Launch in 2020 – Set to Reach $1 Trillion - January 17, 2020
- Germany’s New Shore Invest Launches STO Ship Financing Platform – Tokenised Fractional Ownership - January 16, 2020
- Open Source Luminary Marc Fleury Enters Crypto Arena with Announcement of New Crypto Asset Class and Continuous Token Offering Sale - January 16, 2020
- UN Warns Public Not To Attend North Korea Blockchain and Cryptocurrency Conference 2020 - January 16, 2020
- Fiat-to-Crypto Gateway Solution, Banxa, Raises $2 Million USD Series A Round Led By NGC Ventures - January 15, 2020
- United Africa Blockchain Association Plans to Fire Up Blockchain Adoption - January 14, 2020
- Thai Actor and Victim’s Bitcoin Buddy Implicated in Kidnapping and Ransom of Singaporean National in Thailand - January 14, 2020
- Securitize Runs First-Ever IRA Investment In Digital Securities - January 14, 2020
- NBA Star Spencer Dinwiddie “Tokenizing” His Contract With or Without NBA Green Light - January 13, 2020
- European Central Bank President Christine Lagarde Says ECB Bullish on Digital Currencies - January 13, 2020
- Canadian Crypto Company Voyager Digital Completes Acquisition of US Registered Broker-Dealer - January 13, 2020
- Cogito, Hong Kong-Based Entertainment Studio, Launches Decentralised Autonomous Virtual Horse Racing Game - January 9, 2020
- Blockchain Bandwagon Company Longfin CEO Settles with US SEC for $400,000 - January 7, 2020
- Winklevoss Brothers Invest in $5 million Seed Round for TaxBit - January 7, 2020
- Securrency Secures $17.65 million in Series A funding round Led by WisdomTree - January 7, 2020
- Measure Protocol Backed with £2m in New Funding for Blockchain-Powered Person-Based Data Marketplace - January 7, 2020
- The Next Wave of Crypto – Traction is Key – And Mobile Mining is Gaining Massive Adoption - January 2, 2020
- Google Reverses Metamask Ban from Playstore - January 1, 2020
- Bankex Launches Token Exchange Engine in Telegram - December 31, 2019
Also published on Medium.