Open-source Blockchain Initiative Hyperledger has added to its line-up members including Telefónica, Tech Mahindra and ETC Cooperative who have joined in bringing added diversity to the multi-venture, multi-stakeholder effort hosted at the Linux Foundation.
Hyperledger also recently rolled out a host of project news, including the introduction of Hyperledger Avalon, the release of Hyperledger Sawtooth 1.2 and Sawtooth PBFT 1.0 and updates to Hyperledger Quilt and Hyperledger Burrow. In addition, Hyperledger announced the launch of the Hyperledger Certified Service Provider (HCSP) program along with five initial members. The Hyperledger community also came together in Russia for its first Moscow Bootcamp.
“The fourth quarter has been busy on many fronts,” said Brian Behlendorf, Executive Director, Hyperledger. “We’ve hit the 15 project milestone with the introduction of Hyperledger Avalon, and are seeing growing development and traction across our other projects. We have also launched our Hyperledger Certified Service Provider program to boost deployment speed and efficiency for enterprises. Now, this diverse line-up of new members adds even more depth and breadth to our community and momentum to our efforts to advance the state of enterprise blockchain technologies.”
Following the ethos of Linux, Hyperledger supports an open community that values the contributions and participation of various entities. As such, pre-approved non-profits, open-source projects and government entities can join Hyperledger at no cost as associate members. Associate members joining this month include ETC Cooperative.
“At Telefónica we have been exploring the real value of blockchain for our customers for a long time, and we believe that value is in the layer of trust that adds to operations,” said José Luis Núñez, Global Head for Blockchain at Telefónica. “Hyperledger’s community is key in the development of the technology that companies and organizations from all industries are using as a de facto standard for building business blockchain networks. We are delighted with the possibility of contributing to both the ongoing projects and new initiatives that may be launched in the coming months to continue helping companies in building these trusted networks.”
“As a blockchain bond exchange that connects with financial institutions, we are delighted to join the Hyperledger community and leverage its powerful permissioned blockchain technology,” said Rajaram Kannan, Co-founder and CTO at BondEvalue. “Our Hyperledger Sawtooth-based system is able to match and settle trades within a few seconds that otherwise take 2-3 days.”
Hyperledger is an open-source collaborative effort created to advance cross-industry blockchain technologies. It is a global collaboration including leaders in finance, banking, healthcare, supply chains, manufacturing and technology. Hyperledger hosts many enterprise blockchain technology projects including distributed ledger frameworks, smart contract engines, client libraries, graphical interfaces, utility libraries and sample applications. All Hyperledger code is built publicly and available under the Apache license. The Linux Foundation hosts Hyperledger under the foundation. To learn more, visit: https://www.hyperledger.org/.
- Smartlands to Digitise Own Equity; Unveils Plans For Security Token Offering in the US - December 9, 2019
- ShareRing Partners with Thailand’s new E-Visa System: Mainstream Blockchain Adoption - December 9, 2019
- ELEV8CON adds BBVA, Bumble Bee Foods, State Street, Ticketmaster to Lineup for Enterprise Blockchain and Digital Asset Conference - December 9, 2019
- Mintdice – Playing it Fair with Blockchain - December 9, 2019
- Juventus Become The First Football Club In The World To Be Tokenized - December 3, 2019
- London’s Travala.com Teams Up With Amsterdam’s Booking.com In Massive Crypto Travel Deal - November 28, 2019
- High-Powered Group of Legal Experts Determine Cryptoassets and Smart Contracts Legal Under UK Law - November 21, 2019
- Hyperledger Adds Eight New Members – Rolls out Updates - November 21, 2019
- Failed ICO, Token Sale Project SNIPs Acquired by Sonos for $37.5 Million - November 21, 2019
- Algorand Launches Protocol Upgrade, Setting the Stage for the Next Wave of Distributed App Development - November 21, 2019
- ArcBlock Partners with Ride-Sharing Service GoFun to Develop Services and DApps on Blockchain - November 20, 2019
- Hacktivist Phineas Fisher Cracks Cayman National Bank and Trust – Offers $100,000 Bitcoin/Monero Bounty To Other to Hack Banks, Big Companies - November 20, 2019
- Graph Blockchain to Acquire Shroom Street – Cracking Psychedelics Market - November 20, 2019
- OpEd: Burned By Bitwala – Visa Card Money Gone When Wavecrest Wound Down - November 19, 2019
- Chinese Military Eyes Blockchain Technology for Rewards Programme – Boosting Training and Gamifying System - November 18, 2019
- FinCEN Boss: American Regulators to Strictly Enforce AML in Crypto Industry - November 18, 2019
- Visa’s Rolls Out New Blockchain LucidiTEE – Tackles Concerns related to misuse of sensitive user data, when shared with third-parties. - November 18, 2019
- Utrust Joins Forces with Alternative Airlines for Flight Bookings with Crypto - November 13, 2019
- Dark Web Drug Dealer Pleads Guilty To Using Cryptocurrency to Launder More Than $19 Million - November 13, 2019
- Dutch Police Bust CEO of Blockchain Game Firm, Komodore64 – €78 million Gone? - November 13, 2019
Also published on Medium.