Chiliz has launched, what they claim, is the world’s first Fan Token Offering (FTO) for major international football club Juventus.
Giorgio Ricci, Chief Revenue Officer of Juventus, said:
“We are proud to be the first Club to be activated by Socios.com on its platform, inaugurating a new way to interact with our fans around the world.
“This partnership shows once again how much technological evolution and innovation are two priorities for Juventus, also in the way we relate to and connect with our fan base. “
- This is the first time in history that a major sports team has been tokenized.
- It’s also the first time ever that cryptocurrency – taken as a whole – has made such a major step into the mainstream. Juventus have a global fanbase of 423 million and they are actively marketing this with a promotional video across all their channels. Screenshots from the video included.
- Juventus fans are using $JUV (Juventus Fan Tokens) now to vote in the first poll on the platform from tomorrow to choose a new goal celebration song at the Allianz Stadium.
- Six more launches with world leading clubs are planned for Q1 2020 and many more huge clubs are waiting in the wings to join the platform.
- Start of a new era for fan engagement.
- Huge driver in the mainstream adoption of cryptocurrency
Alexander Dreyfus, CEO & Founder of Chiliz & Socios.com, said:
“The tokenization of Juventus is a seminal moment for football, but it’s also a huge step forward into the mainstream for blockchain and cryptocurrency. Through Socios.com, regular football fans are being introduced to cryptocurrencies, as well as a blockchain platform where they can take part in the club decision-making process using digital assets.
“The magic of our platform is that the user experience is very consumer-friendly. Fans will be able to adapt to Socios.com seamlessly and our potential global audience is huge, starting with the 423* million Juventus fans around the world.
“We are the first movers in this space; no one else has attempted to do what we’re doing because it’s an incredible undertaking. Our blockchain-based platform is going to fill a mainstream niche for increased consumer engagement in the digital age. Our app has the potential like no other to be the lead driver in the mainstream adoption of blockchain technology.
“I look forward to witnessing the whole ideology of Socios.com brought to life when Juventus score their first goal at the Allianz Stadium in 2020 and 40,000+ fans in the stadium, and countless more around the world, celebrate to the tune of a song chosen by fans on our blockchain-based platform.
“Voting begins today – Juventus fans who want to get involved and take part in the decision-making process should download Socios.com and get their Fan Tokens now.”
Through Socios.com, their blockchain-based voting and rewards mobile app for the sports and entertainment industry, fans of the Turin-based giants can purchase $JUV (Juventus Fan Tokens), bespoke crypto assets that provide the right to vote on certain club decisions and earn rewards.
Bringing cryptocurrency directly to the heart of mainstream sports culture, and targeting a huge fan base of 423* million fans around the world, Juventus is the first football team to issue Fan Tokens. From today, fans can also immediately cast their vote on the first poll to be issued by the Serie A Champions on the Socios.com platform – to help decide which music should replace The Fratellis ‘Chelsea Dagger’ as the song that is played every time Juventus score a goal at the Allianz Stadium.
The Serie A Champions will release a video across their channels to announce the launch and the first poll to be held on Socios.com. Images from this video are included. Fans can choose from the following shortlist of four songs:
The winning song will be revealed when Juventus score their first goal at the Allianz Stadium in 2020. This will be the first of many polls to come this season and for many more seasons thereafter.
Socios.com will hold six more FTO’s with leading clubs in Q1 2020. FTOs for Paris Saint-Germain and Atlético de Madrid will take place in late January, before subsequent FTO’s for West Ham United, Galatasaray and A.S. Roma in February. The FTO for their first esports partner, two-time International Dota 2 Champions OG, will take place in March.
Socios.com also has a pipeline of dozens of clubs ready to join the platform; several leading football clubs and teams from other sporting verticals may be announced before the end of 2019.
Voting on the first poll starts today, but only those in possession of Juventus Fan Tokens are eligible to vote. The launch price for Juventus Fan Tokens will be around €2 (this price will fluctuate depending on the exchange rate of Chiliz $CHZ, the digital currency of Socios.com). A limited number of Fan Tokens are available for free via the app’s Augmented Reality feature, Token Hunt.
In early 2020, Socios.com will launch the Marketplace feature, which will allow fans to trade Fan Tokens directly in the app. Social interaction will also be amplified with the addition of a chat function as well as club-specific games, allowing fans to compete in challenges. Socios.com will also expand outside of sport and into entertainment in the future.
Socios.com is a first-of-its-kind blockchain-based mobile app for sports and entertainment fans. The app is available to download for Android, and a limited beta test version is available on iOS. A full release via the App Store is imminent.
- Token Taxonomy Workshop – - January 24, 2020
- Deloitte Bullish on Libra Project in New Report - January 22, 2020
- Busted: SEC Charges Blockchain Marketplace Founder Sergii “Sergey” Grybniak for Fraudulent ICO 2017 - January 22, 2020
- DC Blockchain Advocacy Group US Chamber of Digital Commerce Supports Telegram Vs. SEC Case - January 22, 2020
- BIS Forms New Central Bank Think Tank to Assess National Cryptocurrencies - January 22, 2020
- Bank of England Pondering National Cryptocurrency - January 22, 2020
- Infamous Online Gaming Community Clanbase to Relaunch With Blockchain Technology in 2021 - January 21, 2020
- Chainalysis: 2019 Saw More Cryptocurrency Hacks – Total Amount Stolen From Exchanges Dropped To $283 Million - January 21, 2020
- J. Christopher Giancarlo, former Chairman of the US Commodity Futures Trading Commission - January 21, 2020
- Ethereum Classic Labs Donates $1 Million to UNICEF Innovation Ventures - January 20, 2020
- Busted: SEC and U.S. Attorney’s Office for the District of New Jersey Files Lawsuits Against Fraudulent ICO that raised $30 million - January 17, 2020
- Kenya Issues Second ICO Warning After Investors Lose €24+ Million Euro - January 17, 2020
- Neufund Wraps Tokenised Equity Crowdfunding Series B with Greyp Bikes raising €1.4m EUR - January 17, 2020
- U.S. Lawmakers Pondering “Crypto-Currency Act of 2020” - January 17, 2020
- New Blockchain-based Visa Token Service Set To Launch in 2020 – Set to Reach $1 Trillion - January 17, 2020
- Germany’s New Shore Invest Launches STO Ship Financing Platform – Tokenised Fractional Ownership - January 16, 2020
- Open Source Luminary Marc Fleury Enters Crypto Arena with Announcement of New Crypto Asset Class and Continuous Token Offering Sale - January 16, 2020
- UN Warns Public Not To Attend North Korea Blockchain and Cryptocurrency Conference 2020 - January 16, 2020
- Fiat-to-Crypto Gateway Solution, Banxa, Raises $2 Million USD Series A Round Led By NGC Ventures - January 15, 2020
- United Africa Blockchain Association Plans to Fire Up Blockchain Adoption - January 14, 2020