AMD, the global leader in the GPU market and world’s second-largest supplier of x86-based microprocessors and Intel rival has cut a deal with a wee Estonian startup called Ultra as a part of its ongoing mission to democratize the games industry for developers and players.
“AMD is excited about the use of blockchain technology for games publishing, licensing and rights management,” said Joerg Roskowetz, Head of Blockchain Technology, AMD. “AMD and Ultra are working together to make next-generation, community-centric game publishing a reality, transforming the way games are purchased, shared and experienced.”
Through this partnership, the two companies will cooperate on co-marketing activities to promote the Ultra platform and the benefits of blockchain-based game technologies.
“We’re excited to have AMD as a partner because of their dedication to gaming and blockchain technology. They saw our value proposition early on and recognized that blockchain is poised to change the face of gaming,” said Nicolas Gilot, CEO.
Sharing a common commitment to providing users with a robust games ecosystem, AMD and Ultra will cooperate on co-marketing activities such as contests and events to promote the use and proliferation of blockchain-based gaming technologies. In addition, Ultra will provide AMD with game codes for new games sold on its platform. These games will vary in genre and will be a mix of AA, AAA, and Indie titles, some of which will be exclusive to the Ultra platform. Ultra Games is not only a gaming platform but also an ecosystem that will include a number of yet unannounced hyper-social features.
Additionally, AMD and Ultra will work together to optimize cryptographic computer performance on the platform for gamers using AMD processors and graphics cards and will continue to explore additional collaborative activities in the future.
Ultra is a games distribution platform which offers players the first ecosystem that aggregates all of their gaming activities in one place, such as buying, reselling and playing games, access to live-streaming platforms, tournaments, reviews and contests, as well as interacting in their favourite communities and with their favourite brands. Using blockchain-based technology, Ultra allows for innovative business customizations that offer a whole new set of income opportunities set to developers as well as to hire full stack developer.
- Token Taxonomy Workshop – - January 24, 2020
- Deloitte Bullish on Libra Project in New Report - January 22, 2020
- Busted: SEC Charges Blockchain Marketplace Founder Sergii “Sergey” Grybniak for Fraudulent ICO 2017 - January 22, 2020
- DC Blockchain Advocacy Group US Chamber of Digital Commerce Supports Telegram Vs. SEC Case - January 22, 2020
- BIS Forms New Central Bank Think Tank to Assess National Cryptocurrencies - January 22, 2020
- Bank of England Pondering National Cryptocurrency - January 22, 2020
- Infamous Online Gaming Community Clanbase to Relaunch With Blockchain Technology in 2021 - January 21, 2020
- Chainalysis: 2019 Saw More Cryptocurrency Hacks – Total Amount Stolen From Exchanges Dropped To $283 Million - January 21, 2020
- J. Christopher Giancarlo, former Chairman of the US Commodity Futures Trading Commission - January 21, 2020
- Ethereum Classic Labs Donates $1 Million to UNICEF Innovation Ventures - January 20, 2020
- Busted: SEC and U.S. Attorney’s Office for the District of New Jersey Files Lawsuits Against Fraudulent ICO that raised $30 million - January 17, 2020
- Kenya Issues Second ICO Warning After Investors Lose €24+ Million Euro - January 17, 2020
- Neufund Wraps Tokenised Equity Crowdfunding Series B with Greyp Bikes raising €1.4m EUR - January 17, 2020
- U.S. Lawmakers Pondering “Crypto-Currency Act of 2020” - January 17, 2020
- New Blockchain-based Visa Token Service Set To Launch in 2020 – Set to Reach $1 Trillion - January 17, 2020
- Germany’s New Shore Invest Launches STO Ship Financing Platform – Tokenised Fractional Ownership - January 16, 2020
- Open Source Luminary Marc Fleury Enters Crypto Arena with Announcement of New Crypto Asset Class and Continuous Token Offering Sale - January 16, 2020
- UN Warns Public Not To Attend North Korea Blockchain and Cryptocurrency Conference 2020 - January 16, 2020
- Fiat-to-Crypto Gateway Solution, Banxa, Raises $2 Million USD Series A Round Led By NGC Ventures - January 15, 2020
- United Africa Blockchain Association Plans to Fire Up Blockchain Adoption - January 14, 2020
Also published on Medium.