Securrency, Inc., a leading developer of institutional-grade blockchain-based financial and regulatory technology with a patent-pending distributed identity and compliance framework and a state-of-the-art infrastructure designed to bridge legacy financial platforms to blockchain networks has picked up $17.65m in a Round A series of investment led by Wisdom Tree in addition to the Abu Dhabi Investment Office (ADIO), Japanese financial services giant, Monex Group, Inc., and venture capital firms RRE Ventures, Strawberry Creek Ventures, and Panthera Capital Investments.
Dan Doney, CEO of Securrency, said:
“WisdomTree has a well-deserved reputation as an innovator within financial services, and we are thrilled to have them as our lead investor. WisdomTree has truly exciting applications for our technology. Our partnership with WisdomTree will allow us to demonstrate unique features of our technology, specifically our Compliance Aware Token framework and multi-ledger capabilities.”
WisdomTree Investments, an exchange-traded fund (ETF) and exchange-traded product (ETP) sponsor and asset manager, via Securrency, plans to pursue the integration of blockchain technology into the ETF ecosystem to bring the benefits of ETFs to a broader range of investors and improve the investor experience.
Jonathan Steinberg, WisdomTree Founder and CEO, said:
“Our investment in Securrency is the result of a multi-year review of blockchain technology and the associated landscape. In our review, we found instances of unnecessary applications of the technology and poor compliance with existing regulations; however, there are numerous elements of blockchain technology that, when correctly applied, will bring benefits to investors. Using the technology, we believe we have identified areas for exciting innovation within the ETF ecosystem and in financial services more broadly, all with a focus on meeting the highest standards of regulation.”
“Securrency’s leadership team has a unique combination of U.S. national security experience, technical expertise and financial services knowledge. We are confident that these attributes, together with its focus on compliance, will empower Securrency to be the leading technology firm in the disruption of financial services infrastructure through the industry’s adoption of blockchain technology. Identity, security and compliance will be critical features in the evolution of financial services. Our collaboration will demonstrate these features, and we are excited to pursue this endeavor with Securrency.”
Securrency’s cutting-edge blockchain-based market infrastructure technology provides a universal identity and compliance framework and unique interoperability to facilitate global liquidity. The company is a pioneer of blockchain-based financial markets infrastructure technology centred on its unique identity and compliance framework to support global digital securities transactions.
Securrency’s proprietary, patent-pending Compliance Aware Token™ technology provides multi-jurisdictional compliance and unprecedented convenience to financial services providers and market participants to facilitate the issuance, trading, and servicing of digital securities and other digital assets. Securrency’s technology is blockchain-agnostic and its compliance and policy-enforcement tools support ledger-to-ledger transactions across multiple blockchains.
WisdomTree’s investment in Securrency is separate from WisdomTree’s listing of a physically-backed Bitcoin ETP in Switzerland.
- Token Taxonomy Workshop – - January 24, 2020
- Deloitte Bullish on Libra Project in New Report - January 22, 2020
- Busted: SEC Charges Blockchain Marketplace Founder Sergii “Sergey” Grybniak for Fraudulent ICO 2017 - January 22, 2020
- DC Blockchain Advocacy Group US Chamber of Digital Commerce Supports Telegram Vs. SEC Case - January 22, 2020
- BIS Forms New Central Bank Think Tank to Assess National Cryptocurrencies - January 22, 2020
- Bank of England Pondering National Cryptocurrency - January 22, 2020
- Infamous Online Gaming Community Clanbase to Relaunch With Blockchain Technology in 2021 - January 21, 2020
- Chainalysis: 2019 Saw More Cryptocurrency Hacks – Total Amount Stolen From Exchanges Dropped To $283 Million - January 21, 2020
- J. Christopher Giancarlo, former Chairman of the US Commodity Futures Trading Commission - January 21, 2020
- Ethereum Classic Labs Donates $1 Million to UNICEF Innovation Ventures - January 20, 2020
- Busted: SEC and U.S. Attorney’s Office for the District of New Jersey Files Lawsuits Against Fraudulent ICO that raised $30 million - January 17, 2020
- Kenya Issues Second ICO Warning After Investors Lose €24+ Million Euro - January 17, 2020
- Neufund Wraps Tokenised Equity Crowdfunding Series B with Greyp Bikes raising €1.4m EUR - January 17, 2020
- U.S. Lawmakers Pondering “Crypto-Currency Act of 2020” - January 17, 2020
- New Blockchain-based Visa Token Service Set To Launch in 2020 – Set to Reach $1 Trillion - January 17, 2020
- Germany’s New Shore Invest Launches STO Ship Financing Platform – Tokenised Fractional Ownership - January 16, 2020
- Open Source Luminary Marc Fleury Enters Crypto Arena with Announcement of New Crypto Asset Class and Continuous Token Offering Sale - January 16, 2020
- UN Warns Public Not To Attend North Korea Blockchain and Cryptocurrency Conference 2020 - January 16, 2020
- Fiat-to-Crypto Gateway Solution, Banxa, Raises $2 Million USD Series A Round Led By NGC Ventures - January 15, 2020
- United Africa Blockchain Association Plans to Fire Up Blockchain Adoption - January 14, 2020
Also published on Medium.