Canadian licensed crypto-asset broker Voyager Digital has announced it has completed the acquisition of VYGR Digital Securities, LLC after approval from the US Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) for a change in ownership.
Voyager recently expanded its flagship crypto trading app, The Voyager App, to include Android and launched the Voyager Interest Program, offering customers interest on Bitcoin, Ethos, Bitcoin Cash, Litecoin, and Ethereum held on the platform. The Company continues to use its Bedrock Platform to build out additional blockchain functionality and plans to add more coins to the Voyager App in 2020.
“We are very pleased to assume ownership of this broker-dealer to provide additional infrastructure and support for The Voyager Platform,” said Stephen Ehrlich, Co-Founder and CEO of Voyager. “Favorable regulatory trends and improving digital asset technologies continue to drive the global crypto market’s rapid growth. We believe building out a mainstream capital market infrastructure is a critical step to be a leader in this market. Having this registered broker-dealer in-house is the latest step toward making Voyager the premier service provider in this space.”
This acquisition cements VYGR Digital’s position as a placement agent for digital securities held on The Voyager Platform, developed and operated by its parent company, Voyager, the first publicly traded licensed crypto broker to offer commission-free trading. The Voyager platform, which was created as a turnkey solution for crypto trading, provides the best execution trading, safe custody and education on a wide range of popular crypto assets.
The VYGR Digital acquisition is the latest in a series of milestones for Voyager. In December, Voyager announced a new partnership with Option Hotline, a publishing company that delivers executable trade ideas from options professionals in real-time to its subscribers and third-party contributors, through an in-house trade alert service. Also, in recent months, Voyager Digital has completed six API distribution partnerships with Avant-Garde Trading Securities, RoundlyX (Coin Savage, LLC), Market Rebellion, LLC, Sterling Trading Tech, Tiger Trading and Stocktracker.
Voyager was founded by established Wall Street and Silicon Valley entrepreneurs who teamed to bring a better, more transparent and cost-efficient alternative for trading crypto-assets to the marketplace. Please visit us at https://www.investvoyager.
- Token Taxonomy Workshop – - January 24, 2020
- Deloitte Bullish on Libra Project in New Report - January 22, 2020
- Busted: SEC Charges Blockchain Marketplace Founder Sergii “Sergey” Grybniak for Fraudulent ICO 2017 - January 22, 2020
- DC Blockchain Advocacy Group US Chamber of Digital Commerce Supports Telegram Vs. SEC Case - January 22, 2020
- BIS Forms New Central Bank Think Tank to Assess National Cryptocurrencies - January 22, 2020
- Bank of England Pondering National Cryptocurrency - January 22, 2020
- Infamous Online Gaming Community Clanbase to Relaunch With Blockchain Technology in 2021 - January 21, 2020
- Chainalysis: 2019 Saw More Cryptocurrency Hacks – Total Amount Stolen From Exchanges Dropped To $283 Million - January 21, 2020
- J. Christopher Giancarlo, former Chairman of the US Commodity Futures Trading Commission - January 21, 2020
- Ethereum Classic Labs Donates $1 Million to UNICEF Innovation Ventures - January 20, 2020
- Busted: SEC and U.S. Attorney’s Office for the District of New Jersey Files Lawsuits Against Fraudulent ICO that raised $30 million - January 17, 2020
- Kenya Issues Second ICO Warning After Investors Lose €24+ Million Euro - January 17, 2020
- Neufund Wraps Tokenised Equity Crowdfunding Series B with Greyp Bikes raising €1.4m EUR - January 17, 2020
- U.S. Lawmakers Pondering “Crypto-Currency Act of 2020” - January 17, 2020
- New Blockchain-based Visa Token Service Set To Launch in 2020 – Set to Reach $1 Trillion - January 17, 2020
- Germany’s New Shore Invest Launches STO Ship Financing Platform – Tokenised Fractional Ownership - January 16, 2020
- Open Source Luminary Marc Fleury Enters Crypto Arena with Announcement of New Crypto Asset Class and Continuous Token Offering Sale - January 16, 2020
- UN Warns Public Not To Attend North Korea Blockchain and Cryptocurrency Conference 2020 - January 16, 2020
- Fiat-to-Crypto Gateway Solution, Banxa, Raises $2 Million USD Series A Round Led By NGC Ventures - January 15, 2020
- United Africa Blockchain Association Plans to Fire Up Blockchain Adoption - January 14, 2020
Also published on Medium.