Dubai’s free zone the Dubai Multi Commodities Centre (DMCC) plans to launch Crypto Valley in the desert as the world’s largest ecosystem for cryptographic, blockchain and distributed ledger technologies – in Dubai, the United Arab Emirates (UAE).
Dubai has added an indoor ski mountain to this rapidly-growing city in the United Arab Emirates (UAE) so a massive Crypto Valley seems feasible. Though perhaps a new name might be apropos. CryptoDunes anyone?
They are aiming big.
- World’s largest ecosystem for cryptographic, blockchain and distributed ledger technologies to launch in Dubai.
- The agreement underscores DMCC’s support of the UAE Government blockchain strategy and development of the future economy.
- DMCC signed a partnership with Switzerland-based investment company CV VC on the sidelines of the World Economic Forum in Davos.
In a recent press release from the World Economic Forum (WEF) in Switzerland, the DMCC stated the ‘DMCC Crypto Valley’ will offer a variety of services including incubation for early-stage startups, co-working facilities, innovation services for corporate clients, blockchain and entrepreneurship training, education, events, mentoring and funding.
Signed on the sidelines of the World Economic Forum in Davos, the agreement sees DMCC work alongside both CV VC and its subsidiary CV Labs, to develop an ecosystem in Jumeirah Lakes Towers (JLT), DMCC’s business district, where over 17,000 companies are currently registered.
“DMCC is delighted to sign this agreement with CV VC, and launch the Crypto Valley in Dubai, at the very heart of Dubai’s leading business district,” said Ahmed Bin Sulayem, Executive Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, DMCC.
“Sat at the crossroads of the world, DMCC is a dynamic business hub that drives global trade through Dubai. The launch of the Crypto Valley in DMCC will enhance the city’s dynamic business environment, and support the wider strategy of the UAE Government to attract the innovators, entrepreneurs and pioneers that will shape the future economy,” he added.
The agreement commits both parties to collaborate and develop a comprehensive DMCC Blockchain Strategy that is aligned with the Emirates Blockchain Strategy 2021 and supports the Dubai Blockchain Strategy launched by His Highness Sheikh Hamdan bin Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Crown Prince of Dubai and Chairman of Dubai Executive Council.
“We are thrilled to move into the MENA region with DMCC as a strong local partner. In our opinion, the competence from Crypto Valley-based companies will support the ambitious goals and strategy to use blockchain in Dubai and beyond. On the other side, the capital from the MENA region could help to build even more successful projects and startups and foster the settlement of new blockchain-focused companies in the UAE,” said Ralf Glabischnig, Founder of CV VC and CV Labs.
“We are looking forward to bringing our strong partner from Crypto Valley to Dubai, like CoreLedger, inacta, Lykke, and Tezos which are already active in the MENA region,” he added.
Research from DMCC’s Future of Trade report found that blockchain could help reduce up to 20 percent of the actual physical paper costs associated with global trade, currently estimated at AED 6.6 trillion (USD 1.8 trillion). DMCC is a member of the Global Blockchain Council, established in October 2019 to explore, discuss current and future applications, and organise transactions through the blockchain platform.
- BlockConf DIGITAL Announces Epic 48-hours Online Blockchain Conference - April 7, 2020
- Global Virtual Earth Day Event Planned for April 22nd EST From The Blockchain for Social Impact Coalition - April 7, 2020
- ConsenSys’ Health Division Kicks Off STOP COVID-19 International Ethereum Hackathon – April 13, 2020 - April 7, 2020
- Bitfinex Cryptocurrency Exchange to Offer Staking Rewards Program - April 6, 2020
- European Commission Backed Blockchain Organisation INATBA Joins WEF COVID Action Platform to Address Global Challenges - April 6, 2020
- Blockchain-Fueled Company Mateon Develops Phase 3 Clinical Drug Candidate, Against COVID-19 – OT-101 - April 6, 2020
- US Lawyers Go After Cryptocurrency Ecosystem with Multiple Class Action Suits Against Exchanges and Issuers - April 6, 2020
- Huobi Charity Joins Rally with Blockchain Community in Global Fight Against COVID-19 - April 2, 2020
- Binance Officially Absorbs CoinMarketCap in $400 million deal - April 2, 2020
- RealT Tokenises and Sells USD One Million in Real Estate On Ethereum - March 30, 2020
- IOTA Teams Up with Eclipse Foundation to Work on Decentralised Marketplace and Identity Solutions to Help Fight Pandemic - March 30, 2020
- University of Malta Students Develop and Use Blockchain Voting Application - March 30, 2020
- Japan’s Nomura Securities and BOOSTRY Issue First Blockchain Digital Bond Offering - March 30, 2020
- Opera Rolls out Update and Expansion of its Cryptocurrency-Friendly Browser Blockchain Architecture - March 30, 2020
- Hong Kong Bank Partners with Aegis to Focus On Asset Digitalization Using Blockchain Technology - March 30, 2020
- European Union Looking to Blockchain Technology for Defense? - March 30, 2020
- Tech against Corona (COVID-19) – Dutch Enterprise Blockchain Company TYMLEZ Helps Dutch Government - March 29, 2020
- Microsoft Patents Human Activity Mining for Cryptocurrency Systems – Data Generated Based on Body Activity can be Proof-of-Work - March 27, 2020
- Binance Kicks Off $5 Million Coronavirus Relief Campaign and Donates USD $1 Million - March 27, 2020
- Medici Ventures Keiretsu Companies GrainChain and Symbiont Working Together to Expand Global Operations - March 27, 2020
Also published on Medium.