Science Applications International Corp (SAIC) is planning to run a collaborative blockchain-fueled pilot program with Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company to secure supply chain transactions.
“I have no doubt this pilot will bolster the already outstanding work our customers enjoy through the Global Tires Program and further our supply chain solutions”
“Accurate and secure supply chain solutions are critical to SAIC’s work of providing our customers with the commodities they need when and where they require them. Blockchain technology will offer secure methods for transmission of mission-critical, sensitive data and information to our Armed Forces and U.S. government personnel around the world,” said Jim Scanlon, SAIC executive vice president and general manager of the Defense Systems Customer Group.
The pilot plans to use industry-standard formatting for digital transactions, as well as smart contracts, or computer transactions, that are securely added to the blockchain. Blockchain participants would then be able to track and view data to analyze supply chain activity, further aiding customers in making informed buying decisions.
“I have no doubt this pilot will bolster the already outstanding work our customers enjoy through the Global Tires Program and further our supply chain solutions,” Scanlon continued.
For about a decade, SAIC has been the prime contractor supporting the Tire Successor Initiative and Global Tires Program. As a part of these programs, valued at more than $900 million each, SAIC has delivered more than 1.5 million tires, with an impressive 97% fill rate.
- European Union Looking to Blockchain Technology for Defense? - March 30, 2020
- Tech against Corona (COVID-19) – Dutch Enterprise Blockchain Company TYMLEZ Helps Dutch Government - March 29, 2020
- Microsoft Patents Human Activity Mining for Cryptocurrency Systems – Data Generated Based on Body Activity can be Proof-of-Work - March 27, 2020
- Binance Kicks Off $5 Million Coronavirus Relief Campaign and Donates USD $1 Million - March 27, 2020
- Medici Ventures Keiretsu Companies GrainChain and Symbiont Working Together to Expand Global Operations - March 27, 2020
- Blockchain-Fueled Entertainment Platform Ficto Launches Premium Interactive Streaming Network - March 27, 2020
- SettleMint – Belgian blockchain startup raises USD $2.09 Million for Expansion - March 27, 2020
- Exclusive Interview: Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency Leader Michael Terpin Sees Light in The Covid-19 Tunnel - March 26, 2020
- Blockchain Real Estate Project Smartlands Raising Funds on Equity Crowdfunding Platform Seedrs - March 26, 2020
- Cryptocurrency Exchange OKEx Greenlights DEA Trade Token Deapcoin For Its Jobtribe and PlayMining Games - March 26, 2020
- Microasset – The International Blockchain Monetary Reserve Announces $3.48 M In Reserve Funding, New Listing on BiKi Exchange - March 25, 2020
- Social Login – KyberSwap Integrates Torus to Offer Quick and Easy Ethereum Wallet Management - March 25, 2020
- Michael Terpin’s BitAngels Launches Virtual Events to Connect Blockchain Community Amidst Global Coronavirus Pandemic - March 25, 2020
- Blockchain-Fueled Company Mateon Report Positive Results For Multiple Covid-19 Drug Candidates - March 25, 2020
- US Judge Slams Brakes on Telegram Token - March 25, 2020
- Game Development Companies Team Up with Blockchain Operation Forte to Unlock New Business Models for Games - March 24, 2020
- Blockchain Supply Chain Project Envoy teams up with KYC Hub - March 24, 2020
- CoinDCX, India’s Largest Cryptocurrency Exchange, Secures Successful Series A Round Led By Polychain Capital, Bain Capital Ventures, and HDR Group, operator of BitMEX - March 24, 2020
- Cartesi Launches Linux Infrastructure For Developing Blockchain DApps - March 24, 2020
- American Company HashCash Consultants Announce Coronavirus Crypto Relief Fund or CFIX - March 23, 2020
Also published on Medium.