The current global pandemic has nudged Banca Sella, a large Italian bank, into opening up a Bitcoin trading platform for their 1.2 million customers in Italy.
In the wake of Covid-19, the new platform coined “HYPE BITCOIN” is the first Bitcoin buying and selling service offered by major Italian bank as a wallet fully integrated into the customer’s account, which gives the total safekeeping, and therefore real ownership, of the currency.
According to an Italian press release, the wallet totally integrated into a customer’s account which gives the total custody and therefore real ownership of the currency thanks to a three-key system. The service was the result of cooperation between the Italian fintech company Conio and the bank.
From a survey conducted by HYPE on a representative sample of its user base, it emerged that among the services desired by customers, 13.5 per cent indicated an interest in trading cryptocurrencies.
Antonio Valitutti, General Manager of HYPE, commented:
“The cryptocurrency and Bitcoin market in, particular, continues to arouse interest. Especially among the public that constitutes the ‘young and smart’ demographic.
“We, therefore, responded to the specific request going even further, that is, solving the complexities that are still typical of the best-known exchanges International.”
“We have identified, in Conio’s technology and experience, the way to offer not only the possibility of buying and selling Bitcoin in an extremely simple and immediate way but, above all, the opportunity to offer our customers total custody and therefore real ownership of the currency, thanks to a sophisticated three-key security system.
“What our team is most satisfied with is that HYPE Bitcoin is a proposal that goes perfectly with both the curiosity of those who want to approach and experiment access to the world of the most widespread and well-known cryptocurrency, both with the needs of a more professional audience “.
Normally to be effective on the blockchain, a transaction must be authorized by one or more keys, generally in the possession of the user or the exchange, or wallet on which the operation is ordered.
The limit of this system is that, in the event of loss, theft of the device in which the key is generated of the user, death of the owner or any other fact that prevents him or her from using it, the Bitcoins in his possession they are no longer recoverable.
The sophisticated three-key system of integrated technology allows the customer to HYPE Bitcoin, unlike what happens through traditional exchanges, to actually hold the custody, and therefore the ownership of the currency, ensuring security against hacker attacks, identity theft or loss.
The customer has control of his or her private key and neither Conio nor HYPE can handle Bitcoin on its behalf. The first key is for the exclusive use of the customer, it is generated and encrypted on the access device so that no one else can use it. The second is kept by Conio and created only for each individual account to complete the transactions associated with it. The third key is one that allows the user to recover access to his or her portfolio in the event of loss of credentials and is kept by HYPE in a protected archive that is not connected to the network.
By entering the “Features” section, HYPE customers over 18 will be able to open their wallets without the need for any further identification.
The platform will monitor the value of the currency in real-time and the trend in the last 24 hours as well as in the last few months or years to keep clients informed and commissions are not subject to the variability of the cost of miners standing at 2 per cent, which is among the lowest on the market for purchase and sale transactions. In the event of a sale, the transfer of the value of the Bitcoins sold will be immediate.
- European Union Looking to Blockchain Technology for Defense? - March 30, 2020
- Tech against Corona (COVID-19) – Dutch Enterprise Blockchain Company TYMLEZ Helps Dutch Government - March 29, 2020
- Microsoft Patents Human Activity Mining for Cryptocurrency Systems – Data Generated Based on Body Activity can be Proof-of-Work - March 27, 2020
- Binance Kicks Off $5 Million Coronavirus Relief Campaign and Donates USD $1 Million - March 27, 2020
- Medici Ventures Keiretsu Companies GrainChain and Symbiont Working Together to Expand Global Operations - March 27, 2020
- Blockchain-Fueled Entertainment Platform Ficto Launches Premium Interactive Streaming Network - March 27, 2020
- SettleMint – Belgian blockchain startup raises USD $2.09 Million for Expansion - March 27, 2020
- Exclusive Interview: Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency Leader Michael Terpin Sees Light in The Covid-19 Tunnel - March 26, 2020
- Blockchain Real Estate Project Smartlands Raising Funds on Equity Crowdfunding Platform Seedrs - March 26, 2020
- Cryptocurrency Exchange OKEx Greenlights DEA Trade Token Deapcoin For Its Jobtribe and PlayMining Games - March 26, 2020
- Microasset – The International Blockchain Monetary Reserve Announces $3.48 M In Reserve Funding, New Listing on BiKi Exchange - March 25, 2020
- Social Login – KyberSwap Integrates Torus to Offer Quick and Easy Ethereum Wallet Management - March 25, 2020
- Michael Terpin’s BitAngels Launches Virtual Events to Connect Blockchain Community Amidst Global Coronavirus Pandemic - March 25, 2020
- Blockchain-Fueled Company Mateon Report Positive Results For Multiple Covid-19 Drug Candidates - March 25, 2020
- US Judge Slams Brakes on Telegram Token - March 25, 2020
- Game Development Companies Team Up with Blockchain Operation Forte to Unlock New Business Models for Games - March 24, 2020
- Blockchain Supply Chain Project Envoy teams up with KYC Hub - March 24, 2020
- CoinDCX, India’s Largest Cryptocurrency Exchange, Secures Successful Series A Round Led By Polychain Capital, Bain Capital Ventures, and HDR Group, operator of BitMEX - March 24, 2020
- Cartesi Launches Linux Infrastructure For Developing Blockchain DApps - March 24, 2020
- American Company HashCash Consultants Announce Coronavirus Crypto Relief Fund or CFIX - March 23, 2020
Also published on Medium.