Forte has teamed up with legendary game developers Hi-Rez Studios, Netmarble, Magmic, nWay, and DECA Games to integrate Forte’s open and easy-to-use blockchain platform into their game ecosystems. This will unlock new economic and creative opportunities for both the developers and their player communities. Disruptor Beam, Other Ocean, and Kongregate are a few other game developers already on board.
Through its $100M developer fund via Ripple, Forte is providing grants to qualifying game developers to integrate blockchain technology into both existing games, as well as bespoke projects. Forte does not ask for or require equity, revenue share, or other forms of recuperation from developers.
“We’re thrilled to partner with such a diverse group of recognized leaders from the games industry,” said Josh Williams, Forte’s Cofounder and CEO. “Their deep knowledge in creating engaging, player-first experiences is essential to informing the innovative game designs and business models of tomorrow and bringing the benefits of blockchain technology to the mainstream. Together, we’ll work towards building a more open, equitable, and sustainable ecosystem that addresses many of the issues found today in the games industry.”
Forte’s blockchain platform benefits both existing and future titles. It unlocks never-before-possible revenue streams in traditional game designs while being versatile enough to serve as the economic and creative foundation for blockchain-native experiences. In addition, it provides players with newfound benefits by giving their time and effort spent in games real-world relevance.
Currently invite-only, Forte’s blockchain platform is architected to be free, open, and work across any game platform. It leverages open-source protocols like Ethereum and Interledger to facilitate the creation of in-game assets which players own and enable cross-chain transactions, respectively. As it matures, the platform will progressively decentralize into one that’s owned and controlled by the games community at large rather than any one company.
Forte is building a transformative blockchain platform for games that unlocks breakthrough community economics, creating new economic and creative opportunities for billions of players around the world. The team consists of veterans from across the games industry (GarageGames, Unity, Kabam, ngmoco, Riot Games, Electronic Arts, Sony, and Rockstar Games, among others), and is currently working with a group of world-class game studios to accelerate the adoption of blockchain technology, and more quickly bring its benefits to the masses. Visit www.forte.io for more information.
- European Union Looking to Blockchain Technology for Defense? - March 30, 2020
- Tech against Corona (COVID-19) – Dutch Enterprise Blockchain Company TYMLEZ Helps Dutch Government - March 29, 2020
- Microsoft Patents Human Activity Mining for Cryptocurrency Systems – Data Generated Based on Body Activity can be Proof-of-Work - March 27, 2020
- Binance Kicks Off $5 Million Coronavirus Relief Campaign and Donates USD $1 Million - March 27, 2020
- Medici Ventures Keiretsu Companies GrainChain and Symbiont Working Together to Expand Global Operations - March 27, 2020
- Blockchain-Fueled Entertainment Platform Ficto Launches Premium Interactive Streaming Network - March 27, 2020
- SettleMint – Belgian blockchain startup raises USD $2.09 Million for Expansion - March 27, 2020
- Exclusive Interview: Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency Leader Michael Terpin Sees Light in The Covid-19 Tunnel - March 26, 2020
- Blockchain Real Estate Project Smartlands Raising Funds on Equity Crowdfunding Platform Seedrs - March 26, 2020
- Cryptocurrency Exchange OKEx Greenlights DEA Trade Token Deapcoin For Its Jobtribe and PlayMining Games - March 26, 2020
- Microasset – The International Blockchain Monetary Reserve Announces $3.48 M In Reserve Funding, New Listing on BiKi Exchange - March 25, 2020
- Social Login – KyberSwap Integrates Torus to Offer Quick and Easy Ethereum Wallet Management - March 25, 2020
- Michael Terpin’s BitAngels Launches Virtual Events to Connect Blockchain Community Amidst Global Coronavirus Pandemic - March 25, 2020
- Blockchain-Fueled Company Mateon Report Positive Results For Multiple Covid-19 Drug Candidates - March 25, 2020
- US Judge Slams Brakes on Telegram Token - March 25, 2020
- Game Development Companies Team Up with Blockchain Operation Forte to Unlock New Business Models for Games - March 24, 2020
- Blockchain Supply Chain Project Envoy teams up with KYC Hub - March 24, 2020
- CoinDCX, India’s Largest Cryptocurrency Exchange, Secures Successful Series A Round Led By Polychain Capital, Bain Capital Ventures, and HDR Group, operator of BitMEX - March 24, 2020
- Cartesi Launches Linux Infrastructure For Developing Blockchain DApps - March 24, 2020
- American Company HashCash Consultants Announce Coronavirus Crypto Relief Fund or CFIX - March 23, 2020
Also published on Medium.