Location: San Francisco
Coinbase has built the world’s leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 30 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy, and increase economic freedom around the world.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we assess whether a candidate demonstrates our values: Clear Communication, Positive Energy, Efficient Execution, and Continuous Learning. Second, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
Read more about our values and culture here.
Building an open financial system means making crypto accessible to the masses. To do this, we aim to provide simple and intuitive user experiences. We use findings and insights from user research to influence design decisions and product strategy. Our skilled, scrappy, and diverse team of researchers work across our different product units to identify the unique needs of our customers. We are looking for a Director of User Research to lead and mentor this team and serve as an advocate for user-centered design at Coinbase.
- Lead and mentor a team of user researchers
- Partner with leadership stakeholders to translate business needs into actionable research objectives
- Empower your team to influence product strategy through insights and data
- Advocate research findings and recommendations through written and verbal presentations to stakeholders
- Build 1:1 relationships with your team and XFN partners
- Proactively identify blockers, opportunities, and areas for improvement to the team’s product areas
- Implement and document sustainable processes, workflows and best practices
- Partner with recruiting to attract and hire top talent
- 10+ years of professional work experience user research experience
- 3+ years experience leading user research orgs
- Master or Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Excellent mentorship skills
- Ability to build relationships with XFN partners including Data, Design and Product
- Track record leading teams that influence product strategy
- Fluent in research methods and tools (qualitative and quantitative)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to simplify complex systems
- Low ego, collaborative and open minded
Nice to haves:
- User of Coinbase products
- Previous experience in crypto or fintech
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and to review all of our job postings to minimize biased language. Coinbase does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state or federal law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance and similar local laws.
Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how your data will be processed as part of the application procedure for application locations is available here: Ireland/EU , United Kingdom , and California . By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.