The Blockchain Tech Lab has been launched to address growing concerns about the blockchain skills gap. Taking place at Runway East at Finsbury Square, in the heart of London’s tech and financial districts, the course runs between 11th and 17th April 2016.
The week-long series of developer-focused sessions brings experts from leading blockchain technology companies around the world to upskill and teach attendees about different applications of the blockchain. Sessions are split between both practical and theory to enable participants to truly grasp the nature and potential of the blockchain applications in the presence of those who built them. The week culminates with a weekend “blockathon” event, which is open to the public to participate.
We are delighted to be launching the week-long Blockchain Tech Lab and to welcome developers who are looking at working within the blockchain space. We are bringing together top minds from around the world who are at the forefront of blockchain innovation, such as Rootstock, Blockstream and Ethcore. Given the growing skills gap across all industries currently looking at blockchain solutions, this course serves as an excellent way for developers to familiarise themselves with the technology and to practice their new skills and understanding,” said Hakim Mamoni, CTO of Coinsilium.
The five-day course is split into different blockchain specialities with each one taught by different experts from leading companies.
- Monday 11th April Bitcoin Blockchain with Blockstream and Rootstock
- Tuesday 12th April Ethereum blockchain with Ethcore
- Wednesday 13th April Private blockchains with Openchain
- Thursday 14th April Assets and Data with Open Asset Protocol and Factom
- Friday 15th April Securitization with Ledger and Rivetz
Tickets for the Blockchain Tech Lab are limited in number, and priced at £2,500 for a week-long ticket to all sessions, £1,250 for a two day ticket and £750 for a one day ticket. All prices are ex VAT and are available at http://blockchaintechlab.com/sign-up-now/ with discounts available for ticket purchases of 4 or more, and to start-ups and freelancers.
The five-day course culminates in the SILK Ventures sponsored ‘Blockathon’ a hackathon made up of Innovation Challenges, open to all and running from the Friday evening.
Held at Silk 39 in Canary Wharf, Blockathon teams of 3-5 people will take on Innovation Challenges using blockchain solutions. Those attending the course will have an additional edge having learnt how to apply the theory of ground-breaking blockchain solutions during the week.
Blockchain Tech Lab info trailer
Tickets for the blockathon are open to the public, and priced at £20 per person.
Blockathon info trailer
- CryptoFinancing – Europe’s First Token Sale and ICO Conference and Exhibition to Kick Off July 7, 2017 in London, UK - June 28, 2017
- Dash Unveils Evolution Roadmap and Three-Year Plan - June 27, 2017
- Seven Major European Banks Select IBM to Bring Blockchain-Based Trade Finance to Small and Medium Enterprises - June 27, 2017
- EOS Blockchain Operating System Unveils Year-Long Token Distribution - June 27, 2017
- Blockchain Application Platform Lisk Announces First Major Release, Lisk Nano 1.0 - June 27, 2017
- Blockchain Startup AdEx, a Decentralized Ad Platform Developer to Launch a Token Sale - June 27, 2017
- First Ever Real Estate Project on Blockchain Launches in Amsterdam – ICO Today - June 26, 2017
- World’s first decentralized speech recognition platform plan to raising up to $3M on ICO - June 26, 2017
- A2B Direct to Launch a Blockchain Platform and Hold an ICO - June 24, 2017
- The ‘under the radar’ ICO, Populous. A platform tackling the Multi-Trillion Dollar international billings industry. - June 23, 2017
- Blockchain Startup TrueFlip Reinvents Business with 600 Year Long History of Fails - June 23, 2017
- EXMO exchange lists WAVES Blockchain Project - June 23, 2017
- Blockchain Startup DECENT Launch Date Announced - June 23, 2017
- Adex, A Decentralized Ad Network, Taps WINGS Platform For Community Engagement, Token Sale Value Discovery And Social Promotion - June 23, 2017
- Comcast’s Advanced Advertising Group And Participants Announce Blockchain-based Technology Platform - June 22, 2017
- Online Platform for Gamers to Release a Cryptocurrency for In-game Skins Trading; Launches an ICO - June 22, 2017
- Colu Launches Digital “Local Pound, East London” Currency to Empower Local Economies - June 21, 2017
- bitJob.io is Building a Student Employment Program on the Ethereum Blockchain – Launching ICO - June 21, 2017
- Blockchain Project Waves launches landmark USD gateway - June 21, 2017
- Status.im Raises $270m in Three Hours – Shattering Token Raise Record - June 21, 2017
- World’s First Mobile Data Exchange DENT Seeks to Disrupt Telco Market with Blockchain - June 20, 2017
- Financial Inclusion Company Everex Takes Home RemTECH Award For Ethereum Apps - June 18, 2017
- SONM Raises $42 Million in Token Raise - June 18, 2017
- WISeKey partners with the Blockchain Interface company RIDDLE&CODE to develop innovative solutions for securing IoT via Blockchain technology and crypto-hardware - June 17, 2017
- Bancor Announces $153 Million Raise, Largest Token Generation Event in History - June 17, 2017
- CORION Announces Final Coin Sale Details to Build its Revolutionary Platform & Stable-Rate Currency - June 17, 2017
- Enhancing the value of history with ZenDao – ICO announcement - June 16, 2017
- FunFair Announces Token Creation Event on June 22 for World’s Fastest Blockchain Casino Platform - June 15, 2017
- Blockchain Technology Venture Nimiq Announces Token Sale - June 14, 2017
- Outlier Ventures Makes Multi-Million Dollar Investment in Distributed IoT Marketplace ‘IOTA’ Through Major Token Purchase - June 14, 2017
- Bancor Token Allocation Event Smashes Record – Raises over $150 Million - June 13, 2017
- Consensys Introduces Omega One - June 12, 2017
- MetaX and DMA Join Forces to Launch adChain: a Blockchain Solution to Digital Advertising Fraud - June 12, 2017
- Aeternity Raises $24 million Over Phase Two of Token Sale - June 12, 2017
- HyperChain Capital announces Collaboration and Investment in CoinDash - June 12, 2017
- Community-Driven Cryptocurrency Credits Announces First Public Release - June 12, 2017
- Bancor Protocol Foundation Announces New Partners Before Upcoming Token Allocation Event - June 12, 2017
- Investors from Russia are launching a venture fund formed on blockchain - June 12, 2017
- Bancor Adds Heavyweight Advisory Team to their Foundation – Token Allocation Event Kicks off Today - June 12, 2017
- Bancor Protocol Foundation Adds Author and Euro Designer Bernard Lietaer as Chief Monetary Architect - June 10, 2017
- Russian Billionaire Announces Business Incubator on Waves Platform - June 9, 2017
- Bancor Launches Crowdfunding Valuation And Promotion Via Wings Dao On Ethereum - June 9, 2017
- Coinsilium invests in Indorse.io Decentralised Professional Network - June 8, 2017
- Cofound.it Breaks Pre-Sale Record, Selling Out With Priority Pass Before Public Token Sale - June 7, 2017
- Cofound.it Token Pre-Sale Reaches $5 Million Threshold Within Three Hours, Announces First Three Projects - June 5, 2017
- Blockchain Startup DECENT Testnet #2 Launched! - June 4, 2017
- Blockchain Challenge Dubai Announces Winners- Awarded $45,000 - June 4, 2017
- Waves Ceo Sasha Ivanov: Blockchain Will Lead To Rapid Progress Not Only In State Administration, But Also In Business - June 4, 2017
- Exscudo ICO Successfully Concluded – $5M Dollars Raised - June 1, 2017
- Aventus launches Ethereum-based Event Ticketing Solution - June 1, 2017