The Grantcoin Foundation, a U.S.-based 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, has announced that they have distributed Basic Income grants of Grantcoin – a Blockchain-based currency to more than 250 people.
This is the first time that a currency has been distributed into circulation with the specific intention of providing equal access to growth of a money supply through a Universal Basic Income.
The first quarterly distribution of Grantcoin Basic Income was distributed to 255 self-selected applicants in at least 17 countries: the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand, Germany, France, Belgium, Denmark, Switzerland, Portugal, Russia, China, Bangladesh, Indonesia, Ghana, and Cameroon.
“The Grantcoin Foundation is proud to show a way for the people of the world to create an equitable, sustainable monetary system based on fair global issuance of the money supply,” said Grantcoin founder and Executive Director Eric Stetson.
“We believe Grantcoin is doing something historic and of world-changing importance. We want to thank everyone who signed up to be part of it — you’re helping put Grantcoin on the radar screen of the Basic Income movement and the broader movement for financial system reform.”
If you missed the first distribution of Grantcoin Basic Income, sign up by September 21 to be included in the next quarterly distribution, which will occur on September 30.
Economic Value Distributed This Quarter
A total of 5,255,129.132815 GRT was distributed in the first quarterly distribution of Grantcoin through Basic Income grants and referral bonuses. At today’s price of Grantcoin on Bittrex, the largest exchange where the currency is traded, that is worth approximately $1,322.19 in U.S. dollars.
The average recipient received 20,608.349540 GRT. At today’s price of Grantcoin, that is worth approximately $5.19 in U.S. dollars.
People who signed up for Grantcoin who did not create their own wallet will be sent the address and private key of a wallet the Grantcoin Foundation has created for them. They will send this information by encrypted email within the next few days.
Redistribution of Grantcoin Sent to Unverified Recipients
The Grantcoin Foundation will not send private keys of the wallets they have created for people who have signed up but not yet completed the verification process. Unverified applicants for Grantcoin Basic Income have until September 21 to verify their account, or else will forfeit the Grantcoin that is being held for them.
Forfeited Grantcoin from this quarter will be added into the distribution to occur on September 30.
Accounting and Evidence of First Distribution of Basic Income Grants
In accordance with the Grantcoin Foundation’s plan to add 3.5% per year to the Grantcoin money supply through Basic Income grants, 0.875% was added in this way in the first quarterly distribution of Grantcoin. 439,453,307.271707 GRT was in circulation (i.e. not held in reserve by the Grantcoin Foundation) yesterday before the distribution occurred, so 3,845,216.438627 GRT was distributed from a Grantcoin Reserve wallet designated for Basic Income Grants (wallet address:GV9ns15UAPwnxs4Bo4mNZ2SwN2RTaSNayR).
Each recipient received 15,079.280151 GRT in Basic Income.
Evidence of this distribution can be found in these blocks of the Grantcoin Blockchain, broken down into groupings as follows:
- Verified participants:
- Set up their own wallets:
- Wallets set up for them by the Grantcoin Foundation:
- Not yet verified:
- Attempted to verify but are suspected of fraud (multiple signups by the same person), and will be required to submit further identity verification before the wallets set up for them by the Grantcoin Foundation may be provided to them:
- Everyone else who has not yet completed the verification process:
Accounting and Evidence of First Distribution of Referral Bonuses
1,409,912.694188 GRT in referral bonuses were distributed from a Grantcoin Reserve wallet designated for Growth Incentives (wallet address: GSopxVrRWDM3hnBtoJFKTf7qamz7H3S5R4).
Referral bonuses per recipient ranged from 7,539.640076 to 150,792.801515 GRT, depending on whether they were referred by somebody else and how many people they referred to the program who signed up and verified. (Note: If you referred or were referred by a person who signed up but has not yet verified for the program, you will not receive the corresponding referral bonus until they verify.)
Evidence of the distribution of referral bonuses can be found in these blocks of the Grantcoin Blockchain, broken down into groupings as follows:
- Verified participants:
- Not yet verified:
- Lampix Image Mining for Augmented Reality - August 19, 2017
- BlockMason Announces First SEC-Compliant Public American ICO - August 18, 2017
- Tightened EU Regulations Enabling Blockchain Technology in Pharmaceutical Supply Chain - August 18, 2017
- Mark Cuban Portfolio Company Unikrn Seeks to Sell $100 Million in UnikoinGold tokens - August 18, 2017
- Dash To Host Its First Ever Global Conference - August 17, 2017
- LAToken Tokenized Apple Shares to Sell Them for Cryptocurrencies - August 17, 2017
- Sensay, Groundbreaking AI and Chatbot Company Launches Token Sale - August 17, 2017
- ICOBox Token Presale Attracts $8.3 Million - August 17, 2017
- Indorse, the Decentralized Professional Social Network, Receives Additional Backing From Coinsilium After $5.5 million Pre-Sale - August 16, 2017
- Decentraland Partners With imToken, Connext, and Bitcoin Suisse - August 16, 2017
- Ethereum-based Car Towing Aggregator CarTaxi Plans ICO - August 16, 2017
- Ukraine Government to Allow Foreign Investors to Purchase Real Estate Online with Propy - August 16, 2017
- Cofound.it to Launch Weekly Crowdsales through September - August 15, 2017
- Blockstream Satellite: Broadcasting Bitcoin from Space - August 15, 2017
- Dr. Christian Seberino – Houston Texas Blockchain Course Kicks Off Friday August 18, 2017 - August 14, 2017
- Skycoin – Skywire Miner: Hardware for the Next Internet - August 12, 2017
- NSD and Waves kickstart development of Crypto Assets platform - August 12, 2017
- ICONOMI Introduces Columbus Capital As Its First Asset Management Partner - August 12, 2017
- Siberians to Launch ICO for Decentralized Betting eSports Platform - August 12, 2017
- Decentralized News Network Releases Alpha Update - August 12, 2017
- Gibraltar’s Fintech Sector Moves Forward – Awards Xapo E-money license - August 11, 2017
- AMBROSUS Partners with TREK THERAPEUTICS to Develop a Blockchain-powered Method to Track Quality in Pharmaceutical Manufacturing - August 11, 2017
- Outlier Ventures Becomes First VC To Hire ‘Head of Crypto-Economics’ With Appointment of Eden Dhaliwal - August 11, 2017
- Rivetz Raises $5.5 Million in RvT Token Pre-Sale; Public Token Crowdsale Begins Today, Capped at 200,000 ETH - August 10, 2017
- Leading Japanese VCs, Nippon Technology Venture Partners, FISCO Capitals, and ABBALab Inc all to invest in COMSA ICO tokens and XEM - August 10, 2017
- Binded Launches One Click U.S. Copyright Registrations - August 10, 2017
- Illinois Opens Blockchain Development Partnership with Hashed Health - August 9, 2017
- Jaxx and Cofound.it Partner to Give Best New Cryptocurrencies Immediate Liquidity - August 9, 2017
- GoldMint Project Plans to Provide 100 per cent Gold-Backed Stable Assets - August 9, 2017
- Launching a Blockchain Solution to Make Aviation Safer – Aeron.aero - August 9, 2017
- Blackmoon Financial Group Launches Blockchain-Based Platform for Tokenized Investment Funds - August 9, 2017
- SONM Launches Updated Platform With Discovery Algorithm - August 9, 2017
- AirFox Announces ICO to Make Mobile Data More Accessible and Affordable - August 8, 2017
- Golden Fleece Project To Expand Massive Altcoin Mining Ecosystem With Token Sale - August 8, 2017
- Notorious Lobbyist Jack Abramoff to Coach Bitcoin Activists in New Washington, DC-based Reality Docu-series from Blockchain Entertainment and Ignition Creative - August 8, 2017
- ATMChain’s Project In China With 7,000 Intelligent Media Screens ‘Goes Blockchain’ Through DECENT - August 8, 2017
- NEM.io Foundation Partners with Blockchain Global to Expand International Reach - August 8, 2017
- CFTE working with MAS to help ASEAN finance professionals acquire the skills of Finance 2.0 - August 8, 2017
- Rivetz International Partners with LAToken to Boost Marketplace Security on Mobile Devices - August 8, 2017
- investFeed Finishes Successful Token Generation Event - August 8, 2017
- Zen Protocol Unveils Testnet To Decentralize Finance - August 8, 2017
- Blockchain Startup JAAK Announce Official Pilot With Viacom UK - August 7, 2017
- RefToken Releases Blockchain Affiliate Platform Prototype – Announces Token Generation Event - August 5, 2017
- Dash Employs Elite Cybersecurity Service Bugcrowd to ‘Hack’ Its Blockchain - August 5, 2017
- 144,000 Free Spins up for grabs montly in BitStarz’s new Slot Battles! - August 5, 2017
- Stox Token Sale Raises $33 Million in 34 Hours – The Seventh Biggest of 2017 - August 4, 2017
- Swap Announces AIR Token Launch and AIRSWAP, a Decentralized, Peer-to-Peer Trading Platform - August 4, 2017
- investFeed Showcases First Version of Cryptocurrency-Based Social Investment Platform - August 3, 2017
- WePower Launches Blockchain-Powered Green Energy Platform and Token Sale - August 3, 2017
- DECENT Network introduces ATMChain - August 3, 2017