The Grantcoin Foundation, a U.S.-based 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, has announced that they have distributed Basic Income grants of Grantcoin – a Blockchain-based currency to more than 250 people.
This is the first time that a currency has been distributed into circulation with the specific intention of providing equal access to growth of a money supply through a Universal Basic Income.
The first quarterly distribution of Grantcoin Basic Income was distributed to 255 self-selected applicants in at least 17 countries: the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand, Germany, France, Belgium, Denmark, Switzerland, Portugal, Russia, China, Bangladesh, Indonesia, Ghana, and Cameroon.
“The Grantcoin Foundation is proud to show a way for the people of the world to create an equitable, sustainable monetary system based on fair global issuance of the money supply,” said Grantcoin founder and Executive Director Eric Stetson.
“We believe Grantcoin is doing something historic and of world-changing importance. We want to thank everyone who signed up to be part of it — you’re helping put Grantcoin on the radar screen of the Basic Income movement and the broader movement for financial system reform.”
If you missed the first distribution of Grantcoin Basic Income, sign up by September 21 to be included in the next quarterly distribution, which will occur on September 30.
Economic Value Distributed This Quarter
A total of 5,255,129.132815 GRT was distributed in the first quarterly distribution of Grantcoin through Basic Income grants and referral bonuses. At today’s price of Grantcoin on Bittrex, the largest exchange where the currency is traded, that is worth approximately $1,322.19 in U.S. dollars.
The average recipient received 20,608.349540 GRT. At today’s price of Grantcoin, that is worth approximately $5.19 in U.S. dollars.
People who signed up for Grantcoin who did not create their own wallet will be sent the address and private key of a wallet the Grantcoin Foundation has created for them. They will send this information by encrypted email within the next few days.
Redistribution of Grantcoin Sent to Unverified Recipients
The Grantcoin Foundation will not send private keys of the wallets they have created for people who have signed up but not yet completed the verification process. Unverified applicants for Grantcoin Basic Income have until September 21 to verify their account, or else will forfeit the Grantcoin that is being held for them.
Forfeited Grantcoin from this quarter will be added into the distribution to occur on September 30.
Accounting and Evidence of First Distribution of Basic Income Grants
In accordance with the Grantcoin Foundation’s plan to add 3.5% per year to the Grantcoin money supply through Basic Income grants, 0.875% was added in this way in the first quarterly distribution of Grantcoin. 439,453,307.271707 GRT was in circulation (i.e. not held in reserve by the Grantcoin Foundation) yesterday before the distribution occurred, so 3,845,216.438627 GRT was distributed from a Grantcoin Reserve wallet designated for Basic Income Grants (wallet address:GV9ns15UAPwnxs4Bo4mNZ2SwN2RTaSNayR).
Each recipient received 15,079.280151 GRT in Basic Income.
Evidence of this distribution can be found in these blocks of the Grantcoin Blockchain, broken down into groupings as follows:
- Verified participants:
- Set up their own wallets:
- Wallets set up for them by the Grantcoin Foundation:
- Not yet verified:
- Attempted to verify but are suspected of fraud (multiple signups by the same person), and will be required to submit further identity verification before the wallets set up for them by the Grantcoin Foundation may be provided to them:
- Everyone else who has not yet completed the verification process:
Accounting and Evidence of First Distribution of Referral Bonuses
1,409,912.694188 GRT in referral bonuses were distributed from a Grantcoin Reserve wallet designated for Growth Incentives (wallet address: GSopxVrRWDM3hnBtoJFKTf7qamz7H3S5R4).
Referral bonuses per recipient ranged from 7,539.640076 to 150,792.801515 GRT, depending on whether they were referred by somebody else and how many people they referred to the program who signed up and verified. (Note: If you referred or were referred by a person who signed up but has not yet verified for the program, you will not receive the corresponding referral bonus until they verify.)
Evidence of the distribution of referral bonuses can be found in these blocks of the Grantcoin Blockchain, broken down into groupings as follows:
- Verified participants:
- Not yet verified:
- Exscudo, Blockchain Financial Services Provider Launches ICO - April 27, 2017
- Kibo Platforms’ Beta Version Be Launched in the Beginning of May - April 25, 2017
- Distributed Cloud Platform iEx.ec attracts $12M in Three Hours in ICO - April 25, 2017
- Cryptocurrency Working Group – Distributed Ledger Technology (DLT) – The Way Forward - April 25, 2017
- Blockchain App Humaniq’s HMQ Token to be Traded on Six Exchanges - April 24, 2017
- Five days left until Blockchain Startup Exscudo ICO - April 21, 2017
- Apptrade to Reward Crowdsale Participants with Three Percent Bonus - April 21, 2017
- Blockchain Technology Startup Humaniq Raises $3.8M and Signs Contract With Deloitte - April 21, 2017
- Monolith Studio Announces Crowdsale for TokenCard, the First Debit Card Powered by Smart Contracts - April 20, 2017
- Blockchain Co. SingularDTV Recruits Hollywood VP - April 18, 2017
- Factom Closes Extended Series A Round of $8 Million Following Harmony Product Launch - April 18, 2017
- Interview with Back to Earth founder Clay Space - April 18, 2017
- Ethereum Movie Initial Coin Offering Sell Out - April 18, 2017
- Insurtech Startup Etherisc Wins “Blockchain Oscar” for Innovative Insurance Platform - April 14, 2017
- India’s Blockchain Community Launches Digital Asset and Blockchain Foundation - April 14, 2017
- UK EPSRC Supports Seven Blockchain Projects with £3.6 Million - April 14, 2017
- Dutch National Blockchain Coalition Presents Action Agenda - April 14, 2017
- Broadridge, J.P. Morgan, Northern Trust and Banco Santander Successfully Complete Pilot of for Blockchain Voting - April 14, 2017
- Blockgeeks Labs to Hold Blockchain Hackathon in Toronto - April 14, 2017
- Exscudo network EON coins are available for pre-order - April 13, 2017
- One of Big Four accounting firms is now legal adviser of Exscudo - April 12, 2017
- Dash Cryptocurrency Signs on with Kraken - April 12, 2017
- Blockchain Capital Closes ICO – $10 Million in Six Hours Raised in Record Time - April 11, 2017
- Ethereum meets Hyperledger – Burrow Ethereum Smart Contract Machine to Join Hyperledger - April 11, 2017
- Porsche Announces First Blockchain Contest - April 10, 2017
- Fidelity Labs Joins IC3 Blockchain Group - April 10, 2017
- Global Graphchain Project FERMAT Announces Distributed Governance Model Featuring Contribution Contracts - April 10, 2017
- Coinsilium and Oraclize sign MoU to form Strategic Alliance - April 10, 2017
- Industry Thought Leaders Invest With Blockchain Capital in its Ground-Breaking ICO - April 8, 2017
- Novus To Launch Innovative Blockchain Advanced File Index System - April 5, 2017
- Lykke Announces OEM Services – Lykke Accelerator - April 5, 2017
- BitHub.Africa Announces ICO Campaign to Foster Region’s Cryptocurrency Ecosystem - April 5, 2017
- SibCoin: Siberia Down, China to Go - April 4, 2017
- Groundbreaking Blockchain Research to Feature at International Financial Cryptography Conference - April 4, 2017
- Exscudo, The Nextgen Financial System, Announces ICO - April 4, 2017
- A Film by Manuel Stagars – The Blockchain And Us Video Documentary – Released in Full - April 4, 2017
- Genpact Harnesses Blockchain Technology to Transform F&A Operations to Improve Cash Flow and Enhance Customer Experience - April 4, 2017
- Blockchain Startup TaaS Partners With Exchange Platforms - April 4, 2017
- Synereo announces Qrator – The First Attention Economy App - April 4, 2017
- Blockchain Capital Releases Offering Memorandum for Its $10 Million Digital Token Offering - April 4, 2017
- Lykke Announces Availability of Blockchain Startup ChronoBank TIME Token - April 3, 2017
- Blockchain Workspace Launches Blockchain Education Company in Amsterdam, Netherlands - April 3, 2017
- Blockchain Startup SingularDTV Goes Hollywood - April 1, 2017
- Ledger Raises $7m To Accelerate Worldwide Adoption Of Security Solutions For Blockchain And Cryptocurrency Applications - March 31, 2017
- Slock.it secures $2 million seed funding to build Sharing Economy Platform - March 31, 2017
- Open Source Blockchain Project MultiChain Adds Fourteen New Partners and Enters Beta - March 30, 2017
- Tokenization in the Age of Blockchain - March 30, 2017
- European Commission Proposes Blockchain Pilot to Examine Regulatory Issues - March 30, 2017
- BitPesa has Partnered with Bitcoin Company Bitbond to Improve Access to Financing for SMEs in Africa. - March 30, 2017
- Switzerland’s SIX Securities Services Develops Blockchain-Based Bond Issuing Solution - March 30, 2017