The Grantcoin Foundation, a U.S.-based 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, has announced that they have distributed Basic Income grants of Grantcoin – a Blockchain-based currency to more than 250 people.
This is the first time that a currency has been distributed into circulation with the specific intention of providing equal access to growth of a money supply through a Universal Basic Income.
The first quarterly distribution of Grantcoin Basic Income was distributed to 255 self-selected applicants in at least 17 countries: the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand, Germany, France, Belgium, Denmark, Switzerland, Portugal, Russia, China, Bangladesh, Indonesia, Ghana, and Cameroon.
“The Grantcoin Foundation is proud to show a way for the people of the world to create an equitable, sustainable monetary system based on fair global issuance of the money supply,” said Grantcoin founder and Executive Director Eric Stetson.
“We believe Grantcoin is doing something historic and of world-changing importance. We want to thank everyone who signed up to be part of it — you’re helping put Grantcoin on the radar screen of the Basic Income movement and the broader movement for financial system reform.”
If you missed the first distribution of Grantcoin Basic Income, sign up by September 21 to be included in the next quarterly distribution, which will occur on September 30.
Economic Value Distributed This Quarter
A total of 5,255,129.132815 GRT was distributed in the first quarterly distribution of Grantcoin through Basic Income grants and referral bonuses. At today’s price of Grantcoin on Bittrex, the largest exchange where the currency is traded, that is worth approximately $1,322.19 in U.S. dollars.
The average recipient received 20,608.349540 GRT. At today’s price of Grantcoin, that is worth approximately $5.19 in U.S. dollars.
People who signed up for Grantcoin who did not create their own wallet will be sent the address and private key of a wallet the Grantcoin Foundation has created for them. They will send this information by encrypted email within the next few days.
Redistribution of Grantcoin Sent to Unverified Recipients
The Grantcoin Foundation will not send private keys of the wallets they have created for people who have signed up but not yet completed the verification process. Unverified applicants for Grantcoin Basic Income have until September 21 to verify their account, or else will forfeit the Grantcoin that is being held for them.
Forfeited Grantcoin from this quarter will be added into the distribution to occur on September 30.
Accounting and Evidence of First Distribution of Basic Income Grants
In accordance with the Grantcoin Foundation’s plan to add 3.5% per year to the Grantcoin money supply through Basic Income grants, 0.875% was added in this way in the first quarterly distribution of Grantcoin. 439,453,307.271707 GRT was in circulation (i.e. not held in reserve by the Grantcoin Foundation) yesterday before the distribution occurred, so 3,845,216.438627 GRT was distributed from a Grantcoin Reserve wallet designated for Basic Income Grants (wallet address:GV9ns15UAPwnxs4Bo4mNZ2SwN2RTaSNayR).
Each recipient received 15,079.280151 GRT in Basic Income.
Evidence of this distribution can be found in these blocks of the Grantcoin Blockchain, broken down into groupings as follows:
- Verified participants:
- Set up their own wallets:
- Wallets set up for them by the Grantcoin Foundation:
- Not yet verified:
- Attempted to verify but are suspected of fraud (multiple signups by the same person), and will be required to submit further identity verification before the wallets set up for them by the Grantcoin Foundation may be provided to them:
- Everyone else who has not yet completed the verification process:
Accounting and Evidence of First Distribution of Referral Bonuses
1,409,912.694188 GRT in referral bonuses were distributed from a Grantcoin Reserve wallet designated for Growth Incentives (wallet address: GSopxVrRWDM3hnBtoJFKTf7qamz7H3S5R4).
Referral bonuses per recipient ranged from 7,539.640076 to 150,792.801515 GRT, depending on whether they were referred by somebody else and how many people they referred to the program who signed up and verified. (Note: If you referred or were referred by a person who signed up but has not yet verified for the program, you will not receive the corresponding referral bonus until they verify.)
Evidence of the distribution of referral bonuses can be found in these blocks of the Grantcoin Blockchain, broken down into groupings as follows:
- Verified participants:
- Not yet verified:
- Blockchain Startup Sphre Announces ICO (Crowdsale) for Digital Identity Platform Called Air - March 22, 2017
- Kestrel sign ups to MTI’s blockchain driven solutions to deliver global growth - March 22, 2017
- The G20 Countries Should Investigate Blockchain Technologies to Build an Inclusive, Transparent, and Accountable Digital Economy for All - March 21, 2017
- Particl, a Distributed Marketplace Rethinking Privacy’s Future – Announced Seed Round - March 21, 2017
- ZrCoin To Do Initial Coin Offering (ICO) to Crowdfunds Commodities Option - March 21, 2017
- Canada’s Scotiabank and AlphaPoint Announce Successful Blockchain Trial - March 21, 2017
- Canada’s SecureKey taps IBM to put identity on the Blockchain - March 21, 2017
- Blockchain Startup Humaniq Launches London Office - March 21, 2017
- QRL Recruits Testers for High Security Quantum-Resistant Blockchain - March 20, 2017
- Blockchain of Things, Inc. Releases Paw Advanced REST Client Integration - March 19, 2017
- ConsenSys Named Official Blockchain City Advisor for the City of Dubai - March 16, 2017
- Bloq Launches BloqLabs to Connect Enterprises with Open Source Blockchain Innovations - March 16, 2017
- Multi-Million Dollar Research Institute Launched to Explore Blockchain Use Cases, Opportunities and Challenges - March 16, 2017
- Chamber of Digital Commerce Forms the Blockchain Intellectual Property Council - March 16, 2017
- Orebits & Symbiont Deploy Blockchain Technology to Digitize Gold Ownership - March 16, 2017
- Blockchain Capital to Raise its Third Fund via a Digital Token Offering in The First Liquidity-enhanced Venture Capital Fund - March 16, 2017
- The Exscudo Channels App Is A New Mobile Wallet And Secure Messenger - March 14, 2017
- Dao.Casino – Decentralising the Gambling Economy - March 14, 2017
- Chain of Points Adds American Internet Entrepreneur Jeff Pulver to Board of Advisors - March 14, 2017
- Nasdaq Releases NYIAX – A Blockchain-Enabled, Cloud-Based Media Trading Platform - March 14, 2017
- Lunyr Announces Crowdsale for the First Decentralized World Knowledge Base on Ethereum - March 14, 2017
- Coinsource, World’s largest bitcoin ATM network, Completes Historic Bulk Installation on US West Coast with 35 ATMs - March 14, 2017
- Bitwala Offers Bitcoin to M-Pesa Services in Kenya, Nigeria, Uganda, and Tanzania - March 12, 2017
- US SEC Regulators Reject Bitcoin ETF, Price Plunges, Recovers - March 11, 2017
- Google’s DeepMind plans Blockchain Health Record Tracking for Hospitals - March 10, 2017
- Coalition Forms to Address Digital Asset Taxation Uncertainty - March 10, 2017
- Livecoin, the Fourth Largest Altcoin Exchange Is Now Available in Eight Languages - March 9, 2017
- Australia Releases Blockchain Standards Roadmap - March 6, 2017
- Hyperledger Fabric Graduates with Honours – It’s Live! - March 4, 2017
- TaaS, the First Fully Transparent Closed End Fund Dedicated to Blockchain Assets, Adds International Banking and Marketing Experts as Advisors - March 2, 2017
- Kraken Acquires Cryptowatch and Launches New Trading Platform - March 1, 2017
- Switzerland’s Crypto Valley Association Founded To Build World’s Leading Blockchain and Cryptographic Ecosystem - March 1, 2017
- Massive Launch by Blockchain Industry for New Enterprise Ethereum Alliance - March 1, 2017
- Monax Joins Hyperledger Project, Brings Ethereum Technology - February 28, 2017
- Chain of Points Adds Internet Pioneer and iPayYou Founder Gene Kavner to Board of Advisors - February 27, 2017
- Chamber of Digital Commerce and Structured Finance Industry Group Partner to bring Blockchain to Securitization - February 27, 2017
- Blockchain Startup Bloq Acquires Blockchain Analytics Pioneer Skry - February 27, 2017
- Edgeless.io Launches its ICO to become the first fully transparent Casino, Offering 0% Edge - February 27, 2017
- Storj Labs Raises $3 Million in Seed Funding - February 26, 2017
- Northern Trust And IBM Pioneer Use Of Blockchain Technology To Help Transform Private Equity Administration - February 26, 2017
- 0x – An Open Protocol for Decentralized Exchange on the Ethereum Blockchain - February 26, 2017
- Global Blockchain Project FERMAT Announces Significant Alpha Release for the “Internet of People” - February 26, 2017
- Blockchain Startup Peerplays Raises $4m Before ICO Even Kicks Off - February 26, 2017
- Numerai Launches Cryptocurrency and New Hedge Fund Built By Data Scientist Network - February 26, 2017
- Disrupt the VC Industry? Brock Pierce and Blockchain Capital to Launch Own Cryptocurrency and ICO - February 26, 2017
- SoftBank, Sprint and TBCASoft Partner in Blockchain Technology for Telecom Carriers - February 25, 2017
- Lisk Introduces New Blockchain Technology Update - February 25, 2017
- Dash Partners with BlockPay to Enable Point of Sale Purchases at Brick and Mortar Stores - February 25, 2017
- Blockchain Interaction Unit (BIU) – No Internet, No Mobile Phone, No Computer. No Problem. - February 25, 2017
- Blockchain Banking Consortium R3 Gets Into Semantic Tornado Over Blockchain – Bitcoiners Jeer from Sidelines - February 25, 2017