The Grantcoin Foundation, a U.S.-based 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, has announced that they have distributed Basic Income grants of Grantcoin – a Blockchain-based currency to more than 250 people.
This is the first time that a currency has been distributed into circulation with the specific intention of providing equal access to growth of a money supply through a Universal Basic Income.
The first quarterly distribution of Grantcoin Basic Income was distributed to 255 self-selected applicants in at least 17 countries: the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand, Germany, France, Belgium, Denmark, Switzerland, Portugal, Russia, China, Bangladesh, Indonesia, Ghana, and Cameroon.
“The Grantcoin Foundation is proud to show a way for the people of the world to create an equitable, sustainable monetary system based on fair global issuance of the money supply,” said Grantcoin founder and Executive Director Eric Stetson.
“We believe Grantcoin is doing something historic and of world-changing importance. We want to thank everyone who signed up to be part of it — you’re helping put Grantcoin on the radar screen of the Basic Income movement and the broader movement for financial system reform.”
If you missed the first distribution of Grantcoin Basic Income, sign up by September 21 to be included in the next quarterly distribution, which will occur on September 30.
Economic Value Distributed This Quarter
A total of 5,255,129.132815 GRT was distributed in the first quarterly distribution of Grantcoin through Basic Income grants and referral bonuses. At today’s price of Grantcoin on Bittrex, the largest exchange where the currency is traded, that is worth approximately $1,322.19 in U.S. dollars.
The average recipient received 20,608.349540 GRT. At today’s price of Grantcoin, that is worth approximately $5.19 in U.S. dollars.
People who signed up for Grantcoin who did not create their own wallet will be sent the address and private key of a wallet the Grantcoin Foundation has created for them. They will send this information by encrypted email within the next few days.
Redistribution of Grantcoin Sent to Unverified Recipients
The Grantcoin Foundation will not send private keys of the wallets they have created for people who have signed up but not yet completed the verification process. Unverified applicants for Grantcoin Basic Income have until September 21 to verify their account, or else will forfeit the Grantcoin that is being held for them.
Forfeited Grantcoin from this quarter will be added into the distribution to occur on September 30.
Accounting and Evidence of First Distribution of Basic Income Grants
In accordance with the Grantcoin Foundation’s plan to add 3.5% per year to the Grantcoin money supply through Basic Income grants, 0.875% was added in this way in the first quarterly distribution of Grantcoin. 439,453,307.271707 GRT was in circulation (i.e. not held in reserve by the Grantcoin Foundation) yesterday before the distribution occurred, so 3,845,216.438627 GRT was distributed from a Grantcoin Reserve wallet designated for Basic Income Grants (wallet address:GV9ns15UAPwnxs4Bo4mNZ2SwN2RTaSNayR).
Each recipient received 15,079.280151 GRT in Basic Income.
Evidence of this distribution can be found in these blocks of the Grantcoin Blockchain, broken down into groupings as follows:
- Verified participants:
- Set up their own wallets:
- Wallets set up for them by the Grantcoin Foundation:
- Not yet verified:
- Attempted to verify but are suspected of fraud (multiple signups by the same person), and will be required to submit further identity verification before the wallets set up for them by the Grantcoin Foundation may be provided to them:
- Everyone else who has not yet completed the verification process:
Accounting and Evidence of First Distribution of Referral Bonuses
1,409,912.694188 GRT in referral bonuses were distributed from a Grantcoin Reserve wallet designated for Growth Incentives (wallet address: GSopxVrRWDM3hnBtoJFKTf7qamz7H3S5R4).
Referral bonuses per recipient ranged from 7,539.640076 to 150,792.801515 GRT, depending on whether they were referred by somebody else and how many people they referred to the program who signed up and verified. (Note: If you referred or were referred by a person who signed up but has not yet verified for the program, you will not receive the corresponding referral bonus until they verify.)
Evidence of the distribution of referral bonuses can be found in these blocks of the Grantcoin Blockchain, broken down into groupings as follows:
- Verified participants:
- Not yet verified:
- eToro Acquires Smart Contract Infrastructure Provider Firmo - March 25, 2019
- UPS to work with Blockchain Company Inxeption - March 25, 2019
- Kik’s Kin Cuts Deal with MadLipz and its 40m Short Form Video Creators - March 21, 2019
- Former Prime Minister of Denmark Joins Blockchain Identity Project Concordium as Strategic Advisor - March 20, 2019
- US National Pork Board and RIPE.IO Partner to Improve Sustainability, Quality, Traceability, Waste and Fraud in the Industry - March 20, 2019
- Sumner Global Launches $100M Securitized Token Offering (STO) in Middle East - March 20, 2019
- Editorial: The Rumours of ICOs’ Death Have Been Greatly Exaggerated - March 18, 2019
- French NCC Deploy IBM Blockchain For Commercial and Corporate Registries - March 15, 2019
- Bcause, To Launch Full-stack Cryptocurrency Ecosystem On Nasdaq - March 13, 2019
- SEC – Ethereum is Not a Security - March 13, 2019
- US Treasury Sanctions One of Russia’s Biggest Commercial Banks Over Backing of Venezuela’s Cryptocurrency, Petro - March 13, 2019
- Fetch.AI Solves ‘Blockchain Trilemma’ with Novel Approach to Reaching Consensus - March 13, 2019
- Boerse Stuttgart Group Cut Deal with solarisBank to Develop Crypto Trading Platform - March 12, 2019
- ECCU Plans to Issue World’s First Blockchain-Based Central Bank Digital Currency in the Caribbean - March 12, 2019
- Blockchain Video Company Linius Connects Prototype to Blockchain-Centric Video Player - March 12, 2019
- Emaar, One of the World’s Largest Property Companies, Plans Loyalty and Referral Token - March 11, 2019
- European Commission Offering 32 Blockchain Startups €200.000 Equity-Free Cash for Citizen Data Control Decentralised Solutions - March 11, 2019
- One of World’s Largest Asset Managers ($2.46 trillion) Fidelity, Launches Bitcoin Service - March 11, 2019
- eToro Officially Launches Crypto Trading Platform & Wallet in the U.S. - March 7, 2019
- Smilo Platform Launches Mainnet – Decentralized, GDPR compliant, Hybrid, Multipurpose - March 7, 2019