With Energy Transition as the key theme and innovation experts as the key players, Hackenergy 2016, sponsored by ENGIE Nederland and Energy Academy Europe, is set to run from October 14-16, 2016 at the Energy Barn in Groningen, Netherlands.
Fueled with Hyperledger and Bluemix expertise from IBM, this 48 hour straight Blockchain and AI Energy Hackathon in the Netherlands offers a weekend of hacking, food and drinks and floorspace to grab a few winks of sleep if needed! And more importantly – the opportunity to work with IBM mentors who specialise in Hyperledger and Bluemix! Come build and win! Join us in Holland!
With tracks on Smart Meters as well as Energy on the Blockchain – developers, entrepreneurs, designers, academics and other attendees will have the opportunity to tap into IBM software including Watson and Blockchain technology as well as Internet of Things hardware to work on ideas over a weekend pressure-cooker, innovation environment also known as a hackathon.
“We really look forward to this Hackathon,” added Guido Frenken, Managing Director, Business Development & Innovation from ENGIE Nederland. “This is another opportunity for ENGIE to crowdsource new ideas around innovation. We hope they will lead to new relationships with emerging startups, provide new ideas for our company and give another acceleration to our innovation program.”
The event is part of the 2016 Hacked in Groningen Hackathon league, sponsored by IBM, the City of Groningen and the Province of Groningen – but welcomes hackers from across the Netherlands and Europe to attend and compete for cash prizes awarded by an eclectic jury including venture capitalists, energy industry top brass, academics and government leaders.
Hack Energy 2016 runs 48 hours straight, Friday to Sunday and attendees are welcome to catch sleep at the event (please bring your own bedding) but there are also hotels nearby for those that prefer a real bed. Healthy meals, snacks and drinks will be included at the event over the weekend.
“We are really excited to move forward with this project,” stated Richard Kastelein from the Dutch foundation Stichting Hackitarians – organisers of the event. “We are really converging some of the most exciting technologies – Internet of Things, Blockchain, Big Data, and smarter energy practices and introduce them to a wide array of people from disparate backgrounds, putting them in a pressure cooker for a weekend and see what kind of innovative ideas we can drive forward.”
Local cash prizes will be awarded for Best Overall Hack, Best Design, Best Commercial Concept and Best Technology.
Participants planning to attend the event can RSVP following the instructions on www.h4ckenergy.com and and can purchase tickets from there (25 euro).
Any and all works created during the event are owned by the teams who created them and members of the investment community will be at the event so some projects are expected to move forward into accelerators or incubators after the event.
About ENGIE Nederland
ENGIE Nederland consists of ENGIE Energie and ENGIE Services and is a leading energy and services company that employs 6.400 people. In 2015 ENGIE Nederland achieved revenues of €1.85 billion. We are leading the way and establishing the energy transition through innovative and sustainable energy solutions. We give direction to this change by helping customers (companies, institutions and consumers) to make the transition from fossil to 100% sustainable and the movement towards decentralization, as quickly and cost effectively as possible. ENGIE Nederland is part of the ENGIE Group that employs 154,950 people worldwide and achieved revenues of €69.9 billion in 2015.
About Energy Academy Europe
Energy Academy Europe, located at the Zernike Campus Groningen in the Netherlands, brings together relevant activities, partners and networks to work on the energy transition under three pillars: education, research and innovation. They are growing towards system integration with the ultimate goal of transitioning to a more sustainable energy system. By 2022, they aim to have 3,000 students involved in energy education.
About Stichting Hackitarians
Stichting Hackitarians is a Dutch foundation that focussed on running innovation events and hackathons around such topics as Robotics, AI, Big Data, Health, Blockchain, Auto, TV, eCommerce and more. They have run events in London, San Francisco, Berlin, Brussels. Utrecht, and Groningen, and partnered with the likes of Google, Facebook, Twitter, IBM, ENGIE, GM, Amazon and other major brands.
About IBM Client Innovation Center Groningen
IBM’s first Client Innovation Center in the Benelux is located in Groningen, Netherlands. It’s an open atmosphere, a fast-paced and dynamic community culture focused on knowledge sharing, networking, mentoring and coaching where people cooperate and learn from each other in an open and collaborative culture and work closely together to create technologically advanced solutions for leading businesses.
Links for site
- Hack Energy Hackathon Main site – http://www.h4ckenergy.com
- Hacked in Groningen – http://www.hackedingroningen.com
- Hacked in Groningen Community – http://www.hackedingroningen.com/site
Follow us on…
- Hack Energy Twitter – http://www.twitter.com/h4ckenergy
- Hack Energy Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/hackenergy/
- Hacked in Groningen Twitter – https://twitter.com/hackgroningen
- Hacked in Groningen Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/hackgrunn/
- Everex Announces Mobile Blockchain-powered Microfinance And Fiat Transfer Platform - May 28, 2017
- $3.7 Million Collected in ICO on the Waves Blockchain Platform for Construction of Production Facility in Russia - May 28, 2017
- Blockchain Startup Aeternity to Launch Phase Two of Contribution Campaign on May 29th, 2017 - May 28, 2017
- Founder and CEO of eToro, Yoni Assia, Joins Bancor Protocol Advisory Board - May 25, 2017
- Blockchain Startup Exscudo Rolls Out EON Source Code On GitHub - May 24, 2017
- Blockchain Startup Binded Raises $950k in Seed Round to Democratize Copyright - May 24, 2017
- Waves launches Gatway for the Euro - May 23, 2017
- Netki & Bitt Production Release Underway with Caribbean Financial Institution - May 23, 2017
- Kibo Lotto Launched in Ethereum Test Network - May 23, 2017
- Deloitte’s Blockchain Team Unveils Prototypes, Research and Alliances at Consensus 2017 - May 23, 2017
- Swiss e-government startup Procivis releases integrated e-identity platform - May 23, 2017
- Blockchain Wallet Jaxx Announces Massive Expansion - May 22, 2017
- ShapeShift Launches First Trustless Asset Portfolio Platform - May 22, 2017
- Status.im and Bancor Protocol Cut Deal to Issue Tokens From Smartphones - May 22, 2017
- Future\Perfect Lab Launches Blockchain, IoT, Artificial Intelligence and Security Convergence Project - May 21, 2017
- Storj Labs Claims Number Two ICO Spot With $20 Million Raised in Less than Six Hours - May 19, 2017
- Starta ICO Announces Crowdsale for Eastern European VC Vehicle on Waves Platform - May 19, 2017
- SingularDTV Announces New 11 Application Ecosystem - May 19, 2017
- Storj Labs Launches Token Sale - May 19, 2017
- CORION Announces Full-Service Blockchain Platform to Build and Manage Any Business - May 19, 2017
- Luxembourg Blockchain Group Incorporates Infrachain a.s.b.l. - May 18, 2017
- Fintech Investment Group Launches With AI Forex Trading Platform And Compcoin Digital Tokens Ahead Of Initial Coin Offering - May 18, 2017
- IBM and Chile’s Santiago Exchange to Deliver World’s First Securities Lending Blockchain Solution - May 18, 2017
- Supercomputer Organized by Network Mining (SONM) announces ICO - May 18, 2017
- Digital Assess Wants to Use Blockchain Technology to Replace Paper Qualifications - May 18, 2017
- Aragon Smashes ICO Record Pulling in $25 million in 15 Minutes - May 18, 2017
- Bloq Launches BloqLabs to Bring Open Source Blockchain Technologies to Enterprise - May 17, 2017
- Wagerr (WGR) — Sports Betting on the Blockchain - May 17, 2017
- Avalon Life Puts Land Ownership on Blockchain, Launches GREEN EARTH ZERO Service with NEM Technology - May 17, 2017
- Swiss EY Team Joins Polybius Cryptobank as Advisors, ICO to Follow - May 17, 2017
- IOTA Announces $2 Million IOTA Ecosystem Fund - May 17, 2017
- Crypviser Blockchain-Based Encrypted Communication Platform Announces the ICO of CVCoin Tokens - May 17, 2017
- Blockchain App Puts An End To Medical Records Being Held To Ransom - May 17, 2017
- Report on Blockchain Start-up Marketing Maturity Shows Challenges and Opportunities Ahead - May 17, 2017
- BlockEx Partners With Winston & Strawn to Leverage Blockchain for Bond Issuance - May 17, 2017
- US Brokerage Petitions SEC to Get Moving on ICOs - May 17, 2017
- Silicon Valley’s Boost VC to Invest in ICOs - May 16, 2017
- Aragon Partners with Leading Digital Asset Exchange ShapeShift Ahead of Highly Anticipated Token Sale - May 16, 2017
- LuxTrust and Cambridge Blockchain Announce Privacy-Protecting Identity Platform - May 15, 2017
- Sphre Partners with Airbitz to Power Secure Blockchain-Based Identity Management - May 15, 2017
- Furtherfield Gallery – Blockchain Art Exhibition London - May 12, 2017
- P2pfisy: An Innovative, Cross-sectoral Perspective On The Ongoing Disintermediation Of Financial Systems. - May 12, 2017
- How Exscudo Helps You To Store Cryptocurrencies - May 12, 2017
- Blockchain-Fueled Waves Platform Integrated in Microsoft Azure - May 12, 2017
- Nick Gogerty Joins the Lykke Team as Chief Strategist - May 12, 2017
- Countr POS Partners with Coinify to bring Blockchain Payments to its Merchants - May 12, 2017
- Wall Street Fintech PR Agency, Wachsman PR, Chooses Dublin as European HQ - May 12, 2017
- London Crypofinancing Conference – The Future of Startup Finance – Initial Coin Offerings, Token Sales, Cryptocurrencies and Blockchain - May 12, 2017
- AST to Deliver Blockchain-based Proxy Voting Solution - May 10, 2017
- Cofound.it Launches Token Sale for Startup Platform - May 10, 2017