Fintech company Fluent, the financial operating network for global commerce, has announced a partnership with Euler Hermes, the global leader in trade credit insurance, at Money 20/20. Fluent plans to utilize Euler Hermes’s API-based credit insurance tools to offer real-time single transaction credit insurance through the Fluent Trade Asset Marketplace. Euler Hermes is currently working with Fluent to explore opportunities offered by blockchain technology in the trade finance industry.
“Blockchain technology offers the opportunity to reinvent trade credit insurance and to grow safely,” explains Christophe Spoerry, co-founder of Euler Hermes Digital Agency.
Fluent plans to utilize the Single Invoice Cover, a first of its kind API-based, real-time credit insurance tool powered by Euler Hermes. The Single Invoice Cover was created to reinforce value propositions to supply chain finance platforms. It allows a user to instantly purchase credit insurance against the non-payment of a given invoice within the Fluent Trade Asset Marketplace.
This tool is part of a recent digital transformation Euler Hermes embraced to generate or capture disruptive opportunities in trade finance. The Euler Hermes Digital Agency is working with Fluent to explore the potential of blockchain technology to build and support new products. Launched in 2016, the Euler Hermes Digital Agency is focused on reinventing trade finance through innovative new API-driven tools, building on Euler Hermes’s position as the world leader in trade-related credit insurance solutions.
Single Invoice Cover will be the latest addition to the recently unveiled Fluent Trade Asset Marketplace, a robust multi-bank, multi-lender marketplace for trade assets built on distributed ledger technology. The first-of-its-kind Marketplace leverages distributed ledger technology to drive security, automation, and efficiency in origination, distribution, tracking, settlement, and reconciliation of trade assets including receivables and approved payables. The Fluent Trade Asset Marketplace provides access to a global network of businesses, banks, and liquidity providers who power working capital solutions built on the Fluent Network.
“It is fitting that the world’s first trade asset marketplace built on distributed ledger technology should leverage the most advanced credit insurance API solution available,” said Lamar Wilson, CEO of Fluent. “Combining more open, connected, API-driven tools is the future of our industry, and working with established leaders such as Euler Hermes and their Digital Agency team is a recipe for success.”
Euler Hermes is a global leader in trade credit insurance and a recognized specialist in the areas of bonding, guarantees and collections. With more than 100 years of experience, the company offers business-to-business (B2B) clients financial services to support cash and trade receivables management. Its proprietary intelligence network tracks and analyzes daily changes in corporate solvency among small, medium and multinational companies active in markets representing 92% of global GDP. Headquartered in Paris, the company is present in over 50 countries with 6,000+ employees.
Fluent also won the BAFT Solution Showcase on October 28th beating competitors IBM, Newgen Software, and Broadridge. BAFT, the leading global financial services association for international transaction banking, brought the four teams together in front of 200+ trade professionals to solve the question, “How to identify a ‘real’ receivable and perfect interest in that receivable?”. Fluent was victorious, earning the right to present at the Europe Bank to Bank Forum in Madrid, January 16-18th, 2017, or the Global Annual Meeting – The Americas in Miami, April 30th- May 3rd, 2017. Fluent’s platform was said to provide the best solution to preventing double financing, perfecting interest in receivables across different markets, and automating these processes.
Fluent is an end-to-end open-account trade finance platform powered by distributed ledger technology. The platform is designed to streamline and automate settlement, reduce fraud risk, and break down costly data silo’s in the $4 trillion open-account trade market. The Fluent Network acts as a global “fabric” for trade, providing partners and network participants with a much smarter, more secure, and more efficient way to move value and assets around the world. Applications and solutions built on the Fluent Network include a multi-bank, multi-lender trade asset marketplace, flexible working capital solutions for businesses, and a robust suite of APIs.
Fluent is an end-to-end open-account trade finance platform powered by distributed ledger technology. The Fluent platform is built to streamline and automate settlement, reduce fraud risk, and break down costly data silos in the $4 trillion open-account trade market. Visit fluent.network for more information.
- Storj Labs Raises $3 Million in Seed Funding - February 26, 2017
- Northern Trust And IBM Pioneer Use Of Blockchain Technology To Help Transform Private Equity Administration - February 26, 2017
- 0x – An Open Protocol for Decentralized Exchange on the Ethereum Blockchain - February 26, 2017
- Global Blockchain Project FERMAT Announces Significant Alpha Release for the “Internet of People” - February 26, 2017
- Blockchain Startup Peerplays Raises $4m Before ICO Even Kicks Off - February 26, 2017
- Numerai Launches Cryptocurrency and New Hedge Fund Built By Data Scientist Network - February 26, 2017
- Disrupt the VC Industry? Brock Pierce and Blockchain Capital to Launch Own Cryptocurrency and ICO - February 26, 2017
- SoftBank, Sprint and TBCASoft Partner in Blockchain Technology for Telecom Carriers - February 25, 2017
- Lisk Introduces New Blockchain Technology Update - February 25, 2017
- Dash Partners with BlockPay to Enable Point of Sale Purchases at Brick and Mortar Stores - February 25, 2017
- Blockchain Interaction Unit (BIU) – No Internet, No Mobile Phone, No Computer. No Problem. - February 25, 2017
- Blockchain Banking Consortium R3 Gets Into Semantic Tornado Over Blockchain – Bitcoiners Jeer from Sidelines - February 25, 2017
- IOHK and University of Edinburgh Establish Blockchain Technology Laboratory - February 24, 2017
- Liberland to Launch Online Startup Contest to Kick Off Smart Nation - February 23, 2017
- Blockchain Intelligence Group Launches QLUE Version Codename Deep Cove - February 23, 2017
- Lykke Crowdfunding – One -year Lykke Forward Offering - February 22, 2017
- Daimler AG Joins Hyperledger Blockchain Consortium as Premier Member - February 21, 2017
- Voatz and Clear Ballot to Explore Blockchain Technology for Remote Voting - February 20, 2017
- New Blockchain Smart Contract Token Developed By GameCredits - February 20, 2017
- Blockchain Could Be a New Operating System for the Planet Says Jeremy Wilson, Vice Chairman of Barclays Corporate Banking - February 20, 2017
- JAAK and the Guardian Initiative Announce MΞTA: A Blockchain Pilot for The Media & Entertainment Industry - February 18, 2017
- The StabL Project – Hadrien Charlanes Plans Stable Tokens and Derivative Products For Ethereum Blockchain - February 17, 2017
- Blockchain Energy Trading Trials Kickoff with Canada’s BTL Group and Austria’s Wien Energie - February 16, 2017
- Smart Dubai Office (SDO) and 1776 Launch Blockchain Challenge - February 16, 2017
- BOScoin, a New Cryptocurrency, Introduces “Trust Contracts” to Overcome the Shortcomings of Ethereum Smart Contracts - February 16, 2017
- European Commission Working on Blockchain – Plans Actively Seeking Pilot Partners - February 16, 2017
- Canadian Blockchain Company SecureKey Awarded U.S. Department of Homeland Security Grant - February 16, 2017
- Microsoft and KPMG Cut Deal and Kickoff Blockchain Nodes in Frankfurt and Singapore - February 16, 2017
- Global Blockchain Project FERMAT Announces Significant Alpha Release for the “Internet of People” - February 16, 2017
- Russian Blockchain Startup Exscudo Aims to Bridge Traditional Finances And The Cryptocurrency Market - February 15, 2017
- Active Year Ahead for Blockchain Solutions in Financial Services, says Corporate Insight - February 14, 2017
- BlockApps and Red Hat Cut Deal to Deliver Hybrid Cloud Solution for Blockchain Applications in the Enterprise - February 14, 2017
- Hyperledger Blockchain Turns One – Director Brian Behlendorf Updates - February 14, 2017
- The State Bank of India Initiates National Blockchain Bank Consortium - February 14, 2017
- The National Bank of Abu Dhabi (NBAD) Introduces Real-Time Cross-Border Blockchain Payments - February 14, 2017
- China Turning Hard to Blockchain – Focus on Fraud Reduction - February 13, 2017
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services to Kick Off Blockchain in Heathcare Code-A-Thon - February 13, 2017
- Hexayurt Capital presents the Internet of Agreements at the World Government Summit - February 13, 2017
- EquiChain – Blockchain for Emerging Markets Post-Trade - February 13, 2017
- UK Government Approves Tramonex Labs to Issue Currency on Blockchain - February 12, 2017
- US Congress Buckles Down With Blockchain – Launch Congressional Blockchain Caucus - February 11, 2017
- Nick Szabo: Some Private Blockchains Qualify as Bona Fide Blockchains - February 10, 2017
- Bitfury Group and Government of Georgia Expand Blockchain Land Titling Project - February 10, 2017
- Expanse Project Announces Launch of the Expanse Bond System (EBS) - February 10, 2017
- WISeKey to Establish IoT Blockchain Center of Excellence in New York - February 10, 2017
- Blockchain Startup Coinfirm Gets $700k Growth Equity Via VC Funding - February 10, 2017
- Blockchain Health Startup Hashed Health Raises Nearly $2 Million in Initial Funding Round - February 10, 2017
- IBM Kicks Off Blockchain Initiative with Dubai Government - February 10, 2017
- Blockchain Pioneer Medici Ventures Invests in Factom, Inc. - February 7, 2017
- Canadian Blockchain Startup Equibit Raises Quarter Million Dollars in Day One of Initial Coin Offering (ICO) - February 5, 2017