Fintech company Fluent, the financial operating network for global commerce, has announced a partnership with Euler Hermes, the global leader in trade credit insurance, at Money 20/20. Fluent plans to utilize Euler Hermes’s API-based credit insurance tools to offer real-time single transaction credit insurance through the Fluent Trade Asset Marketplace. Euler Hermes is currently working with Fluent to explore opportunities offered by blockchain technology in the trade finance industry.
“Blockchain technology offers the opportunity to reinvent trade credit insurance and to grow safely,” explains Christophe Spoerry, co-founder of Euler Hermes Digital Agency.
Fluent plans to utilize the Single Invoice Cover, a first of its kind API-based, real-time credit insurance tool powered by Euler Hermes. The Single Invoice Cover was created to reinforce value propositions to supply chain finance platforms. It allows a user to instantly purchase credit insurance against the non-payment of a given invoice within the Fluent Trade Asset Marketplace.
This tool is part of a recent digital transformation Euler Hermes embraced to generate or capture disruptive opportunities in trade finance. The Euler Hermes Digital Agency is working with Fluent to explore the potential of blockchain technology to build and support new products. Launched in 2016, the Euler Hermes Digital Agency is focused on reinventing trade finance through innovative new API-driven tools, building on Euler Hermes’s position as the world leader in trade-related credit insurance solutions.
Single Invoice Cover will be the latest addition to the recently unveiled Fluent Trade Asset Marketplace, a robust multi-bank, multi-lender marketplace for trade assets built on distributed ledger technology. The first-of-its-kind Marketplace leverages distributed ledger technology to drive security, automation, and efficiency in origination, distribution, tracking, settlement, and reconciliation of trade assets including receivables and approved payables. The Fluent Trade Asset Marketplace provides access to a global network of businesses, banks, and liquidity providers who power working capital solutions built on the Fluent Network.
“It is fitting that the world’s first trade asset marketplace built on distributed ledger technology should leverage the most advanced credit insurance API solution available,” said Lamar Wilson, CEO of Fluent. “Combining more open, connected, API-driven tools is the future of our industry, and working with established leaders such as Euler Hermes and their Digital Agency team is a recipe for success.”
Euler Hermes is a global leader in trade credit insurance and a recognized specialist in the areas of bonding, guarantees and collections. With more than 100 years of experience, the company offers business-to-business (B2B) clients financial services to support cash and trade receivables management. Its proprietary intelligence network tracks and analyzes daily changes in corporate solvency among small, medium and multinational companies active in markets representing 92% of global GDP. Headquartered in Paris, the company is present in over 50 countries with 6,000+ employees.
Fluent also won the BAFT Solution Showcase on October 28th beating competitors IBM, Newgen Software, and Broadridge. BAFT, the leading global financial services association for international transaction banking, brought the four teams together in front of 200+ trade professionals to solve the question, “How to identify a ‘real’ receivable and perfect interest in that receivable?”. Fluent was victorious, earning the right to present at the Europe Bank to Bank Forum in Madrid, January 16-18th, 2017, or the Global Annual Meeting – The Americas in Miami, April 30th- May 3rd, 2017. Fluent’s platform was said to provide the best solution to preventing double financing, perfecting interest in receivables across different markets, and automating these processes.
Fluent is an end-to-end open-account trade finance platform powered by distributed ledger technology. The platform is designed to streamline and automate settlement, reduce fraud risk, and break down costly data silo’s in the $4 trillion open-account trade market. The Fluent Network acts as a global “fabric” for trade, providing partners and network participants with a much smarter, more secure, and more efficient way to move value and assets around the world. Applications and solutions built on the Fluent Network include a multi-bank, multi-lender trade asset marketplace, flexible working capital solutions for businesses, and a robust suite of APIs.
Fluent is an end-to-end open-account trade finance platform powered by distributed ledger technology. The Fluent platform is built to streamline and automate settlement, reduce fraud risk, and break down costly data silos in the $4 trillion open-account trade market. Visit fluent.network for more information.
- Commodities Behemoth Testing Blockchain Tech with Crude Oil Cargo - January 21, 2017
- Berlin’s Neufund Blockchain Fundraising Platform Raises $2 Million - January 21, 2017
- Alibaba’s Ant Financial Aims for 2 billion Users by Bringing Blockchain Technology to Alipay - January 20, 2017
- ChronoBank Plans to Use Multiple Blockchains - January 20, 2017
- Hyperledger Welcomes New Blockchain Platform Partner Cello - January 20, 2017
- WISeKey and Stratumn Join Forces to Use Blockchain for Real-Time Accountability and Traceability in Enterprise Processes - January 20, 2017
- Blockchain Report – European Union Agency for Network and Information Security (ENISA) - January 20, 2017
- FINRA Seeks Comment on New Report on the Potential Implications of Blockchain - January 18, 2017
- Finlync Designs ERP Integration to Distributed Ledger and Blockchain - January 18, 2017
- European Central Bank Considering Digital Currency – Cryptocash - January 18, 2017
- US Homeland Security Testing Blockchain To Track People, Goods Across Borders - January 17, 2017
- Israeli Tax Authorities Might Go After Bitcoin - January 16, 2017
- Senior US Regulator David Blaszkowsky Joins Canadian Blockchain Intelligence Group (BIG) Advisory Board - January 16, 2017
- Seven European Banks Cut Blockchain Deal to Facilitate Easier Cross-Border SME Commerce - January 16, 2017
- Marketforce to Host 2nd Annual The Blockchain Summit on 28th March 2017 in London - January 15, 2017
- Waves Platform Implements New Blockchain Scalability Approaches - January 14, 2017
- China’s Puerbank Group Launches Global Node for A Standardized Blockchain-Based Digital Currency in the UK - January 14, 2017
- DU and Guardtime Partner with Dubai’s NMC Hospital to Revolutionize Electronic Health Records with Blockchain Technology - January 14, 2017
- Report: Blockchain Slated to Become $8 Billion Global Industry By 2024 - January 14, 2017
- Blockchain Could Save Financial Services $110 billion over Next Three Years - January 14, 2017
- Russia Embraces Bitcoin – No Plans to Ban Cryptocurrencies - January 14, 2017
- Canadian BTL Group Completes Blockchain Pilot With Major Global Energy Company - January 12, 2017
- Tokio Marine & Nichido Fire Insurance and NTT DATA Cut Blockchain PoC For Insurance - January 12, 2017
- HfS Research Recognises VirtusaPolaris for Emerging Blockchain Services in BFSI - January 12, 2017
- Deloitte Launches Blockchain Lab in New York - January 12, 2017
- SWIFT launches Blockchain Proof of Concept In Hyperledger - January 12, 2017
- Blockchain VIP’s to Gather for Major Retreat This Month - January 12, 2017
- IBM Watson Health and US FDA Announce Blockchain Healthcare Data Project - January 12, 2017
- Equibit Development Corporation Sets $7 million Funding Target, Crowdsale Date - January 12, 2017
- US National Science Foundation Offers $8.5m in Funding for Blockchain Proposals for Cyberinfrastructure Security - January 11, 2017
- China Poised to Dominate Fintech and Blockchain Markets in 2017 - January 10, 2017
- Respectonomy Social Network To Tackle Censorship Using Blockchain - January 10, 2017
- South Korea Plans to Launch a Full-Scale Pilot Project on Blockchain-powered Financial Services - January 10, 2017
- Postal Savings Bank of China (PSBC) Announces First Blockchain Financial Service - January 10, 2017
- Reserve Bank of India (RBI) Releases Bullish Report on Blockchain for Clearing, Settlement - January 10, 2017
- Blockchain TV – TED Talk | How the Blockchain will Radically Transform the Economy | Bettina Warburg - January 10, 2017
- Alfa-Bank and S7 Airlines Close Blockchain Deal in Russia - January 10, 2017
- Life.SREDA and the Russian Republic of Tatarstan To Introduce Blockchain Technology For Public Administration System - January 10, 2017
- Union Square Ventures Leads $4M Funding Round for Blockchain Startup Blockstack - January 10, 2017
- US Department of Energy Eyeing Blockchain Solutions for Security – Seeking Proposals - January 10, 2017
- India’s Axis Bank to Use Ripple Blockchain for Cross-Border Remittances - January 10, 2017
- Georgia to Store Real Estate Documents in Blockchain System with Bitfury Group and Hernando de Soto - January 10, 2017
- US Depository Trust & Clearing Corporation Selects IBM, AXONI and R3 to Develop Derivatives Processing On Blockchain - January 10, 2017
- Grantcoin Foundation Expands Board of Directors – Distribution Rescheduled to Late January - January 8, 2017
- UNICEF, UK Home Office and BTCC to speak at London Blockchain Week 2017 - January 6, 2017
- American Company The Seam to Form Cotton Blockchain Consortium with IBM on Hyperledger Fabric - January 5, 2017
- Move over Bitcoin – MIT Cryptographer Silvio Micali and his Public Ledger ALGORAND… The Future of Blockchain? - January 5, 2017
- Blockchain to Play Role in Future of Transportation? UBS Teams up with ZF and innology SE to Make it Happen - January 5, 2017
- Blockchain Group Hyperledger Expands into China - January 5, 2017
- The Evolution Of Casinos – Next Generation Transparent Ethereum Smart Contracts Based Casino “Edgeless” - January 5, 2017