PayStand, a next generation B2B payment and billing company, is leveraging the Blockchain in a completely new way for enterprise payments.
PayStand customers can now certify and notarize payments (from request to receipt) on the Blockchain, ensuring the history of payments is secure, independently verifiable, and free of tampering.
Jeremy Almond, CEO, PayStand, said:
“Since the founding of the company, PayStand has been a huge believer that Blockchain has the ability to radically transform financial services. Our newest Blockchain certification product demonstrates our continued commitment to help enterprises leverage the cutting-edge and digital native technology to improve their payment, invoice, and billing process.”
Traditionally, third-party notaries or auditors manage certifying payment records. By utilizing the Blockchain, organizations now have an independent, decentralized and cryptographically secure way to verify that a payment has been made and its information has not been tampered with, increasing the security and audit capabilities.
Fraud in trade finance alone accounts for nearly $4 trillion a year, due to exploitable flaws in manual record keeping. While standard record systems only ensure an audit trail once a recorded is altered, PayStand leverages a core feature of the Blockchain called immutability, which creates a permanent record of all transactions. In an era where headlines of corruption are commonplace, immutable records can facilitate a much higher degree of transparency and accountability.
The way the new product works is simple:
Every PayStand customer gets to choose if they want their payments to be certified. When they choose to enable certification, every payment request associated to an invoice has a hash of the requested amount and related information. That hash is confirmed on the Blockchain as well as to the sender and recipient. At any time, the sender or recipient can verify the information by clicking on the certificate to make sure the records match what both parties have as well as the permanent and immutable record of the transaction. No information is stored on the Blockchain, only the certification and audit trail. Additionally, all PayStand customers have access to a dashboard in which they can view the history of all payments and the certified audit trail of each.
“As the world becomes more digitally driven, it only seemed logical to document financial transaction with a more convenient, secure method. By using the Blockchain, we’re giving businesses the opportunity to eliminate human error. A Blockchain certified payment receipt creates greater trust for all parties, enables added compliance and transparency in the system, makes for better digital tracking, and identifies fraud more easily. There’s no doubt that Blockchain processing will become more integrated with businesses’ financial processes.”
For more information, visit www.paystand.com
- European Commission Releases New Support Paper on Blockchain – Further Funding for Startups Encouraged - September 19, 2019
- Bitpay Opens Up Doors For Ethereum Payments - September 16, 2019
- Neufund Launches Blockchain-Driven Equity Token Sale for Retail Investors Out of Lichtenstein - September 16, 2019
- London Blockchain Accelerator Academy Looking for Partners - September 13, 2019
- Blockchain Startup Blockstack Raises a Whopping $23 Million In SEC-Qualified Reg A+ Token Offering - September 12, 2019
- France Vows to Block Facebook Libra Cryptocurrency in Europe - September 12, 2019
- R3 and Mastercard Team Up Mastercard to Build Overseas Payments System Build on Blockchain - September 12, 2019
- ConsenSys Officially Joins Hyperledger Project – Adding Public Blockchain Capability to Hyperledger - September 11, 2019
- Telegram Open Network Labs Releases Development Suite for TON Blockchain - September 11, 2019
- Whale Alert: USD One Billion+ BTC Was Transferred in One Transaction Last Week - September 11, 2019
- New Professional API Trading Program AlgoX Prime API Launched by eToroX - September 11, 2019
- Bitcoin.com’s Roger Ver Steps in to Operate Node on Cryptographer David Chaum’s New Elixxer Project - September 11, 2019
- Seychelles Heats Up With a First for a National Stock Exchange – MERJ Exchange Goes Live with Tokenized IPO - September 10, 2019
- Computing Legend Steve Wozniak To Launch Blockchain Energy Project – EFFORCE - September 10, 2019
- Hollywood Star Wesley Snipes To Tokenize $25 Million USD Movie Fund with Liechtenstein Blockchain Innovator LCX - September 9, 2019
- Netki Extends TransactID Solution For FATF “Travel Rule” Compliance - September 9, 2019
- Market Demand For Sophisticated Crypto Trading Methods Drives Singapore’s Broctagon Fintech Group To New Heights – Pushing Them Past $5 million - September 5, 2019
- London-based Custodian For Digital Assets, Copper, Reach $500m In Transactions In Just Three Months - September 5, 2019
- UN Meeting: Gibraltar Lawyers Call For A Global Regulatory Framework For Cryptocurrencies - September 4, 2019
- Michael Terpin’s BitAngels Investor Network Partners with Bitcoin Bay to Expand Blockchain Investment Ecosystem in Toronto, Canada - September 3, 2019