Initiated by a Chinese Blockchain startup, logistics companies and financial institutions – a new organisation was recently formed called the Blockchain Application Sub-Committee. It was formerly initiated by the China Federation of Logistics & Purchasing last week at the 2016 Fintech Global Summit.
The Sub-Committee will be focusing on the promotion of Blockchain technology in logistics by introducing Blockchain technology and business training, R&D standards of Blockchain for logistics, Blockchain-based company credit mechanism and finally the total upgrading and re-direction of the logistics supply chain industry.
Liu Yang, CEO of Shenzhen Digital Singularity said:
“Blockchain by nature enjoys high accountability, anti-counterfeiting ability and immutability. As of the past the technology was mainly used for Bitcoin, while nowadays, in the financial sector, the application of the technology is witnessing a mandatory trend.
Liu Yang went on and said that the procedures of logistics are so long that problems occur constantly.
“Problems like the loss and mistakes of cargo delivery require powerful tracing ability. It is obvious the Blockchain technology can perform well for logistics in that regard. The China Federation of Logistics & Purchasing has foreseen the incoming profound impacts from Blockchain technology with overseas counterparts launching similar researches. So the Association took the lead by founding this Sub-Committee, hoping that the introduction of Blockchain technology can tackle the existing problems in logistics as well as tapping into the financial sector.”
Liu Yang added that Shenzhen Digital Singularity previously has its business mainly focussed on Bitcoin, for example, www.bitkan.com, and thus have developed sound R&D capabilities of the Blockchain technology.
For the Sub-Committee, Digital Singularity will be the principle Blockchain technology provider, responsible for the making of standards. Liu Yang will also run for the presidency of the standard committee. Liu Yang expressed the wish to promote standard-making in the industry as well as to provide comprehensive Blockchain solutions that are capable of addressing real problems in cooperation with traditional logistics and procurement companies.
Blockchain Technology Expected to Significantly Improve Operational Transparency
Recent years saw the rapid rising of the logistics supply chain in China with accelerating competition and merging. Logistics companies with sound supply chain management capabilities are rising, along with improving third-party supply chain management abilities.
However, the upper stream of the supply chain are mostly small and mid-sized companies with low credit ratings. They are regularly turned away from banks’ funding services. The conflict of the capital demand and availability is deepening affecting their importance on the supply chain.
Logistics, Capital and Information are three factors pivoting the supply chain… while the Capital is the main hindrance for the mid and small-sized the companies and their ability on continued service and this will take a toll on the national economy as a whole if this goes on.
As the central government demands, finance should serve for the development of a tangible economy and the Association also did tremendous work on improving the environment. But, the credit issue is still turning these companies into homeless children.
Liu Yang considers Blockchain technology to be the cure.
Blockchain can be served to tag and anchor the credit rating of supply chain companies if with the cooperation from upper and lower stream participants.
As of this moment, according to Liu Yang, the focus is on traceability and efficiency.
“On-Credit orders are big concerns for the industry, that upper stream companies cannot have timely payment from big companies – for instances – one month of delay is commonly seen.”
With layered re-contracting, the drivers will hurt and drivers cannot pay on credit, they pay in advance. That’s why terminal small companies are struggling. Banks simply turn away as they need factories and warehouses as collateral.
“But Blockchain technology can save the day by giving the companies’ financials transparency to the extent that the financial institutions can understand their operational status thus ultimately removing the hindrance for loans,” he added.
Blockchain Technology to Dramatically Sharpen Logistics Efficiency
With the founding of the Blockchain Application Sub-Committee, Digital Singularity is taking the lead.
Liu Yang considers this a proof of the company’s might. The four founders of the company were formerly with Huawei and Tencent, and have experience of designing large system standards.
The complexity of logistics equals that of the telecommunication industry and Blockchain standardization is the answer to the industry.
From the value transfer of Bitcoin in its early days to the transfer of physical objects in the real world, Blockchain is growing. Liu Yang believes that in the near future, the perfect combination of Blockchain technology and logistics industry will tackle the financial hindrances in logistics, and significantly improve the efficiency.
- OpenLedger’s Apptrade (www.apptrade.io), the platform creating “Kickstarter for Apps on the Blockchain”, has received a $100,000 USD boost from OpenLedger ApS, the world’s first blockchain powered conglomerate. Powered by the digital token APPX, Apptrade creates portfolios, or groups, of apps, where if one of those apps becomes the next Instagram or Angry Birds, then the value of the portfolio rises. Ronny Boesing, CEO of OpenLedger ApS, explained that Apptrade’s initial token offering (ITO) changed its valuation in the middle of its crowd sale as an immediate response to the result of its preliminary offering. Boesing said, “The Apptrade platform is much too important to not succeed, and it was clear that we needed to adjust the valuation to make it more appealing to anyone deciding to participate. In addition, we wanted to show our belief in this project, and felt that there was no better way to show this than putting our money where our mouth is. OpenLedger will be adding a total of $100 000 USD to the Crowdsale over the next 7 days.” The minimum fundraising goal is $1M USD with a cap of $5M USD. With a total of 8.25M APPX tokens on offer, OpenLedger’s Apptrade ApS will back these tokens with 20% of the future revenue from the Apptrade platform, and any unsold tokens will therefore be distributed proportionally to all participants. All early bird participants, as well new participants, will receive the extra tokens according to the published Stage 1 structure, plus benefit from the additional tokens to be divided. Daniel Pineda, Founder of Apptrade says, “After listening carefully to feedback from public and private supporters, and with great consideration, we decided to update our master token valuation. We firmly believe that our platform, built on the ecosystem of OpenLedger and powerful BitShares financial trading technology, is a strong Blockchain project that will be a success for years to come. We feel that this is the right action to ensure a satisfactory outcome for all.” Apptrade’s final valuation is going to be based on the amount raised, whether $1M USD as its threshold or money back guarantee, or the maximum of $5M USD. The valuation of the Apptrade platform will be determined on what is raised. The deadline according to the escrow agreement is set to end on April 30 2017. Boesing continued, “This approach and change of valuation resulted from requests from within the community, and we hope to accommodate many more participants. But one thing is clear to all of the Early Birds – this is your lucky day!” - March 27, 2017
- Factom Launches Revolutionary Blockchain Suite of Mortgage Products - March 24, 2017
- Qtum Shatters ICO Records Raising $15.6 Million - March 24, 2017
- Blockchain Startup Sphre Announces ICO (Crowdsale) for Digital Identity Platform Called Air - March 22, 2017
- Kestrel sign ups to MTI’s blockchain driven solutions to deliver global growth - March 22, 2017
- The G20 Countries Should Investigate Blockchain Technologies to Build an Inclusive, Transparent, and Accountable Digital Economy for All - March 21, 2017
- Particl, a Distributed Marketplace Rethinking Privacy’s Future – Announced Seed Round - March 21, 2017
- ZrCoin To Do Initial Coin Offering (ICO) to Crowdfunds Commodities Option - March 21, 2017
- Canada’s Scotiabank and AlphaPoint Announce Successful Blockchain Trial - March 21, 2017
- Canada’s SecureKey taps IBM to put identity on the Blockchain - March 21, 2017
- Blockchain Startup Humaniq Launches London Office - March 21, 2017
- QRL Recruits Testers for High Security Quantum-Resistant Blockchain - March 20, 2017
- Blockchain of Things, Inc. Releases Paw Advanced REST Client Integration - March 19, 2017
- ConsenSys Named Official Blockchain City Advisor for the City of Dubai - March 16, 2017
- Bloq Launches BloqLabs to Connect Enterprises with Open Source Blockchain Innovations - March 16, 2017
- Multi-Million Dollar Research Institute Launched to Explore Blockchain Use Cases, Opportunities and Challenges - March 16, 2017
- Chamber of Digital Commerce Forms the Blockchain Intellectual Property Council - March 16, 2017
- Orebits & Symbiont Deploy Blockchain Technology to Digitize Gold Ownership - March 16, 2017
- Blockchain Capital to Raise its Third Fund via a Digital Token Offering in The First Liquidity-enhanced Venture Capital Fund - March 16, 2017
- The Exscudo Channels App Is A New Mobile Wallet And Secure Messenger - March 14, 2017
- Dao.Casino – Decentralising the Gambling Economy - March 14, 2017
- Chain of Points Adds American Internet Entrepreneur Jeff Pulver to Board of Advisors - March 14, 2017
- Nasdaq Releases NYIAX – A Blockchain-Enabled, Cloud-Based Media Trading Platform - March 14, 2017
- Lunyr Announces Crowdsale for the First Decentralized World Knowledge Base on Ethereum - March 14, 2017
- Coinsource, World’s largest bitcoin ATM network, Completes Historic Bulk Installation on US West Coast with 35 ATMs - March 14, 2017
- Bitwala Offers Bitcoin to M-Pesa Services in Kenya, Nigeria, Uganda, and Tanzania - March 12, 2017
- US SEC Regulators Reject Bitcoin ETF, Price Plunges, Recovers - March 11, 2017
- Google’s DeepMind plans Blockchain Health Record Tracking for Hospitals - March 10, 2017
- Coalition Forms to Address Digital Asset Taxation Uncertainty - March 10, 2017
- Livecoin, the Fourth Largest Altcoin Exchange Is Now Available in Eight Languages - March 9, 2017
- Australia Releases Blockchain Standards Roadmap - March 6, 2017
- Hyperledger Fabric Graduates with Honours – It’s Live! - March 4, 2017
- TaaS, the First Fully Transparent Closed End Fund Dedicated to Blockchain Assets, Adds International Banking and Marketing Experts as Advisors - March 2, 2017
- Kraken Acquires Cryptowatch and Launches New Trading Platform - March 1, 2017
- Switzerland’s Crypto Valley Association Founded To Build World’s Leading Blockchain and Cryptographic Ecosystem - March 1, 2017
- Massive Launch by Blockchain Industry for New Enterprise Ethereum Alliance - March 1, 2017
- Monax Joins Hyperledger Project, Brings Ethereum Technology - February 28, 2017
- Chain of Points Adds Internet Pioneer and iPayYou Founder Gene Kavner to Board of Advisors - February 27, 2017
- Chamber of Digital Commerce and Structured Finance Industry Group Partner to bring Blockchain to Securitization - February 27, 2017
- Blockchain Startup Bloq Acquires Blockchain Analytics Pioneer Skry - February 27, 2017
- Edgeless.io Launches its ICO to become the first fully transparent Casino, Offering 0% Edge - February 27, 2017
- Storj Labs Raises $3 Million in Seed Funding - February 26, 2017
- Northern Trust And IBM Pioneer Use Of Blockchain Technology To Help Transform Private Equity Administration - February 26, 2017
- 0x – An Open Protocol for Decentralized Exchange on the Ethereum Blockchain - February 26, 2017
- Global Blockchain Project FERMAT Announces Significant Alpha Release for the “Internet of People” - February 26, 2017
- Blockchain Startup Peerplays Raises $4m Before ICO Even Kicks Off - February 26, 2017
- Numerai Launches Cryptocurrency and New Hedge Fund Built By Data Scientist Network - February 26, 2017
- Disrupt the VC Industry? Brock Pierce and Blockchain Capital to Launch Own Cryptocurrency and ICO - February 26, 2017
- SoftBank, Sprint and TBCASoft Partner in Blockchain Technology for Telecom Carriers - February 25, 2017
- Lisk Introduces New Blockchain Technology Update - February 25, 2017