Initiated by a Chinese Blockchain startup, logistics companies and financial institutions – a new organisation was recently formed called the Blockchain Application Sub-Committee. It was formerly initiated by the China Federation of Logistics & Purchasing last week at the 2016 Fintech Global Summit.
The Sub-Committee will be focusing on the promotion of Blockchain technology in logistics by introducing Blockchain technology and business training, R&D standards of Blockchain for logistics, Blockchain-based company credit mechanism and finally the total upgrading and re-direction of the logistics supply chain industry.
Liu Yang, CEO of Shenzhen Digital Singularity said:
“Blockchain by nature enjoys high accountability, anti-counterfeiting ability and immutability. As of the past the technology was mainly used for Bitcoin, while nowadays, in the financial sector, the application of the technology is witnessing a mandatory trend.
Liu Yang went on and said that the procedures of logistics are so long that problems occur constantly.
“Problems like the loss and mistakes of cargo delivery require powerful tracing ability. It is obvious the Blockchain technology can perform well for logistics in that regard. The China Federation of Logistics & Purchasing has foreseen the incoming profound impacts from Blockchain technology with overseas counterparts launching similar researches. So the Association took the lead by founding this Sub-Committee, hoping that the introduction of Blockchain technology can tackle the existing problems in logistics as well as tapping into the financial sector.”
Liu Yang added that Shenzhen Digital Singularity previously has its business mainly focussed on Bitcoin, for example, www.bitkan.com, and thus have developed sound R&D capabilities of the Blockchain technology.
For the Sub-Committee, Digital Singularity will be the principle Blockchain technology provider, responsible for the making of standards. Liu Yang will also run for the presidency of the standard committee. Liu Yang expressed the wish to promote standard-making in the industry as well as to provide comprehensive Blockchain solutions that are capable of addressing real problems in cooperation with traditional logistics and procurement companies.
Blockchain Technology Expected to Significantly Improve Operational Transparency
Recent years saw the rapid rising of the logistics supply chain in China with accelerating competition and merging. Logistics companies with sound supply chain management capabilities are rising, along with improving third-party supply chain management abilities.
However, the upper stream of the supply chain are mostly small and mid-sized companies with low credit ratings. They are regularly turned away from banks’ funding services. The conflict of the capital demand and availability is deepening affecting their importance on the supply chain.
Logistics, Capital and Information are three factors pivoting the supply chain… while the Capital is the main hindrance for the mid and small-sized the companies and their ability on continued service and this will take a toll on the national economy as a whole if this goes on.
As the central government demands, finance should serve for the development of a tangible economy and the Association also did tremendous work on improving the environment. But, the credit issue is still turning these companies into homeless children.
Liu Yang considers Blockchain technology to be the cure.
Blockchain can be served to tag and anchor the credit rating of supply chain companies if with the cooperation from upper and lower stream participants.
As of this moment, according to Liu Yang, the focus is on traceability and efficiency.
“On-Credit orders are big concerns for the industry, that upper stream companies cannot have timely payment from big companies – for instances – one month of delay is commonly seen.”
With layered re-contracting, the drivers will hurt and drivers cannot pay on credit, they pay in advance. That’s why terminal small companies are struggling. Banks simply turn away as they need factories and warehouses as collateral.
“But Blockchain technology can save the day by giving the companies’ financials transparency to the extent that the financial institutions can understand their operational status thus ultimately removing the hindrance for loans,” he added.
Blockchain Technology to Dramatically Sharpen Logistics Efficiency
With the founding of the Blockchain Application Sub-Committee, Digital Singularity is taking the lead.
Liu Yang considers this a proof of the company’s might. The four founders of the company were formerly with Huawei and Tencent, and have experience of designing large system standards.
The complexity of logistics equals that of the telecommunication industry and Blockchain standardization is the answer to the industry.
From the value transfer of Bitcoin in its early days to the transfer of physical objects in the real world, Blockchain is growing. Liu Yang believes that in the near future, the perfect combination of Blockchain technology and logistics industry will tackle the financial hindrances in logistics, and significantly improve the efficiency.
- SportyFi – Decentralized Sports Investment Start-up Endorsed by Soccer Superstar Roberto Carlos - October 16, 2017
- Acronis Joins Runa Capital and Parallels In Accelerating Innovation and Supporting Blockchain Initiatives in Malta - October 16, 2017
- Jaxx Allows First Crowdsale Participation with STORM Token - October 16, 2017
- Hyperledger Knits New Project – Hyperledger Quilt - October 16, 2017
- Legolas Exchange Partners With BanQix to Protect Institutional Investors - October 16, 2017
- MARK.SPACE Announces Launch Of Blockchain-powered VR-platform With Upcoming Token Crowdsale - October 16, 2017
- IRTI Partners With Ateon And Settlemint To Develop Blockchain-based Products For Financial Inclusion - October 16, 2017
- Golden Alliance Coin Announces ICO – For Mining Gold - October 16, 2017
- Media Aggregator Esports Gold Announces $5 Million Ethereum Token Sale - October 16, 2017
- MinexCoin: Park the Volatility! - October 16, 2017
- Ambrosus Token Generation Event (TGE) Officially Cracks the Largest Blockchain Crowdfunded Projects in History - October 15, 2017
- Freedom Streaming Announces An ICO For The First Uncensored And Anonymous Live Streaming Platform - October 14, 2017
- MicroMoney starts a $30,000,000 token distribution campaign - October 14, 2017
- Announcing the First Members of the DataBrokerDAO Alliance - October 14, 2017
- STK Global Payments Announce Global Advisory Board – Token Sale - October 14, 2017
- Zilliqa Breaks 2,400 Transactions per Second with their ‘Sharding’ Blockchain - October 13, 2017
- Dappbase Launches High-Performance Infrastructure for Decentralized App Developers - October 13, 2017
- bitJob Raises $2 Million to Launch Decentralized Platform for Student Employment - October 13, 2017
- Particl Unveils Its Confidential Cryptocurrency Transactions - October 13, 2017
- Waves To Develop “liquid Democracy” Applications - October 13, 2017
- DECENT Updates Core – New User Issued Assets and More - October 13, 2017
- Dash for Dope – Digital Payments Platform Alt Thirty Six Selects Dash As Payment Method of Choice for New Retail Sectors - October 13, 2017
- Garvan Institute And E-nome Enter Strategic Alliance To Enhance Medical Research Data Management Through Blockchain Tech - October 13, 2017
- Moody’s: New Payment Technologies Pose Threat, But Incumbents Unlikely To Be Displaced - October 13, 2017
- ZAP Token Distribution Event to Begin October 21, 2017 - October 12, 2017
- AirFox Raises $15 Million in Successful ICO, Brings New Mobile Banking Solutions to Emerging Markets - October 12, 2017
- HydroMiner Token Sale Starts October 18th – Austrian Regulators Approve - October 12, 2017
- The SBM Group and SALT Technology Enter Exploratory Partnership to Collateralize Blockchain Assets - October 12, 2017
- ExHasta: Integrating and Empowering Innovators – Announces Token Sale - October 12, 2017
- Tech Veterans Set Up Global Public Offering Fund To Turn Top U.S. Startups Into Asia-Pacific Listed Unicorns - October 11, 2017
- ZenCash Partners With Welto to Allow Bill Payment in Cryptocurrency - October 11, 2017
- Cryptopay Plans to Tie Investments to Service Performance Metrics - October 11, 2017
- Boosteroid Wants to Squeeze Google and Amazon on the Cloud Computing Market - October 11, 2017
- Fiinu Launches Pre-sale Ahead Of ICO - October 11, 2017
- Famous Russia-based startup BioCoin closes first round of presale with $2.5 mln raised - October 11, 2017
- eSports Platform EloPlay to Hold a Token Sale - October 11, 2017
- CapLinked Partners With Storj Labs, Moves Enterprise Document Management to Blockchain Technology - October 11, 2017
- Ethfinex and Cofound.it Collaborate to Bring Trust to Blockchain Economy - October 11, 2017
- Exscudo launches Bug Bounty campaign - October 11, 2017
- Blockchain Capital and TaaS Join BLOCKv, a User Interface for Blockchain Tokens - October 11, 2017
- Lufthansa Group Partners Up With Winding Tree To Bring Blockchain Technology To The Travel Industry - October 10, 2017
- Peer Mountain Launches Distributed System of Trust to Give Data Control Back to Consumers - October 10, 2017
- Revolutionary Ico Aimed At Tackling Waste Surplus And Energy Shortfall Announced - October 10, 2017
- Streamr, the Decentralized Real-Time Data Economy, Joins the Trusted IoT Alliance - October 10, 2017
- Exscudo and Crypto.Tickets exclusive partnership opens a new market for cryptocurrency - October 10, 2017
- Guardian Circle Turns to Blockchain for Global Decentralized 9-1-1 Emergency Response - October 10, 2017
- NEM Foundation Partners with Metaps Plus, Expanding Korean Presence - October 10, 2017
- StormX Lowers Community Appreciation Sale Cap Due to Overwhelming Demand - October 10, 2017
- Token Report to Provide Membership Access to World’s Largest Database on ICOs - October 10, 2017
- BLOCKv Adds Visionary Futurist Peter Diamandis and Serial Entrepreneur and Investor Gil Penchina to its Advisory Board - October 10, 2017