Online gambling industry is facing a big problem these days – players are losing their trust in online casinos because of the fear being scammed. When a player enters the digital gambling world he can not be sure that his odds are not rigged and that the outcome of the game is actually random. Everyone needs to know whether they are just having a bad day and bad luck or casino saw a big bet and decided to give a low card on purpose.
Not so long time ago, three guys were faced with this problem and they decided to do something about it – gather a team and create the first decentralised Ethereum smart contract-based casino which offers a 0% house edge and solves the online gambling transparency question once and for all – Edgeless. Thanks to Ethereum smart contracts everything what is happening inside the casino will be easy accessed by anyone, so that all the paranoid people can be 100% sure that no one is trying to scam them.
The most important thing when it comes to fairness in any kind of online game is the randomness of numbers/outcomes. In order words – when you roll the dice – you don’t know whether the outcome is actually random (just like when you roll the dice in real life) or is it programmed to make you lose your bet. The list of casinos that got caught cheating in many ways, including rigging the outcome, is huge. This mechanism is pretty simple and that is why it is easily rigged. Online casino creates a random number using combination of casino’s number and client’s number. It blends 2 numbers and provides random outcome.
Idea behind that is: casino can rigg own number, but they would not be able to rigg client’s number and outcome will random, therefore casino would not able to cheat. But there is still three ways to do it:
- Casino can easily influence client’s number assigning it on their own (that’s the case in most casinos, because an average player is not going to type and give random number before every gamble round – even if they have this option)
- Client enters number once and he is not changing it. Casino can identify it and use that information and adjust own number.
- Casino can delay own number and provided it to the ‘bender’ once visitor sent his. Then casino can adjust own number to client’s.
If the online casino which is based on smart contracts would try to rig the odds, it would be immediately spotted.
Moreover, 0% house edge can sound a bit crazy, but in reality even with 0% house edge, a player because of its imperfect play, gives around 0,83% to the casino – this was calculated by a former Nevada Gaming Control agent and professional card counter Bill Zender.
An average player does not play ‘the perfect game’ therefore, in the long run the casino takes a profit from his mistakes. An analogy can be taken from poker. A new player is playing against a Pro. Both have equal probability conditions – 50% vs. 50%. However, the Pro player makes better choices and the new player makes bad decisions, and in the long run, the Pro wins. 0% edge card games will be a primary marketing tool to attract players, but additionally, the casino will make profit from sports betting. In this area, the casino will earn 4% from all money wagered.
First there was online fiat money gambling houses, then we got Bitcoin casinos and now – the new era of casinos are about to begin. Decentralized, transparent and 0% edge casino is about to be launched.
Edgeless decided to raise an initial capital through Initial Coin Offering (ICO). Developers distribute a percentage of the initial coin supply among the early supporters and backers. Each one who will invest in Edgeless will be able to get his cut from 40% of profit which will be sent each month through smart contracts. According to Edgeless team, in 2018, the return of investment will be – 14.54%.
The money that is raised is usually spent on the future development of Edgeless casino and its games.
Their crowdfunding campaign will start on 16th of February 2017, 3:00 pm GMT and their goal is to raise 440 000 ETH by selling Edgeless tokens, the rate is 1 ETH = 1000 EDG. Then during next 6-8 months developed their first online game, 0% edge BlackJack, and set it live. In the future developments there is a plan to add more games to the package: 0% edge Video Poker, 0% edge Micro Limits Dice and Sports Betting.
- UC Berkeley Opens New Blockchain Lab – Steve Chen Appointed to Co-Lead Newly Formed Berkeley Blockchain Lab - December 10, 2017
- Peter Vessenes Announces Deluge Network To Support a Safe and Direct Way to Contribute Bitcoin Directly to ICOs - December 5, 2017
- EXMO Launches Token Sale with Blockstarter’s ICO Solution - December 5, 2017
- AdHive, A Blockchain-Based Native Advertising Platform, Engages with WINGS DAO Platform - December 5, 2017
- Perkins Coie Adds SEC Attorney in San Francisco with Fintech and Blockchain Experience - December 5, 2017
- Cryptocurrency Monero Announces Breakthrough Online Shopping Initiative Featuring Top Global Artists’ Music and Merchandise - December 5, 2017
- Bitcoin for a ‘bit’ of Caribbean paradise - December 5, 2017
- With the Launch of SunCoin, Solar Bankers Takes On the World’s Energy Giants - December 4, 2017
- Blockchain News Is Merging With Token Report - November 30, 2017
- Mira launches Pre-ICO for Mira – an Easy and Convenient Way to Buy, Store and Send Cryptocurrency - November 23, 2017
- Dash and KuvaCash Partner to Fight Inflation in Zimbabwe with Cryptocurrency - November 22, 2017
- INS Ecosystem Partners with Ambrosus to Overhaul the Grocery Supply Chain - November 22, 2017
- Global Debt Registry Unveils Collateral Pledge Blockchain Proof of Concept - November 22, 2017
- Ripple Appoints Former New York State Superintendent of Financial Services Benjamin Lawsky to Its Board and Ron Will as CFO - November 22, 2017
- Advised by the Co-Founders of YouTube and Twitch, Theta Announces a Blockchain-based Video Delivery Network - November 22, 2017
- Modex adds top advisor from Google ahead of ICO - November 22, 2017
- Decentralized Ad Exchange AdEx Partners with INK to Handle the World’s First Blockchain-based Ad Auction - November 22, 2017
- Zilliqa Lowers Funding Cap Despite Heavy Demand from Investors - November 22, 2017
- Health Startup Etheal Combines Blockchain Technology with Micro-Incentives to Build a Peer-Reviewed Global List of Health Professionals - November 22, 2017
- Bitquence Rebrands as Ethos.io, Charting a Course to Unlock Crypto and the Future of Investment for the Masses - November 22, 2017
- Eidoo Introduces User Friendly ICO Engine – Allowing Crypto Startups To Launch And Manage Their Own ICOs For Fundraising On The Blockchain - November 22, 2017
- Simdaq Launches Social Platform for Democratisation and Development of Cryptocurrency Trading - November 22, 2017
- Gameflip Shatters FLIP Pre-Sale Goals, Sets Sights on December 4, 2017 ICO - November 22, 2017
- Golden Alliance Gold Mining Launches Token Sale - November 22, 2017
- Genaro and Storj Labs Announce Collaboration and Product Integration - November 22, 2017
- Metal (MTL) Now Available on the Chinese Cryptocurrency Exchange - November 22, 2017
- Mark.space & Jaguar Land Rover Announce Cooperation - November 22, 2017
- Exscudo – EON Testnet Was Successfully Updated - November 22, 2017
- Valorem Foundation Launches All-new Cryptocurrency Platform - November 22, 2017
- WAX Partners with Xsolla to Offer Its Platform to More Than 2,000 Video Games - November 22, 2017
- Brave expands Basic Attention Token platform to YouTube - November 22, 2017
- Narrative Launches Blockchain Based Social Network That Puts Revenue In Your Pocket, Not Mark Zuckerberg’s - November 22, 2017
- Gladius Uses Blockchain and Spare Bandwidth to Revolutionize Cyber Security - November 22, 2017
- Indorse Announces Partnership with App Store Cryptocurrency, AppCoins, ahead of MVP Launch - November 22, 2017
- Secutix And The Paléo Festival Nyon Announce The Success Of Their Blockchain Pilot Project - November 22, 2017
- ING launches major addition to blockchain technology: Zero-Knowledge Range Proof solution - November 22, 2017
- Cofound.it Announces Teams Participating in Upcoming Live Crowdsale Event - November 22, 2017
- PUBLIQ goes public: The blockchain and AI company that fights fake news announces the start of its Initial Token Offering - November 22, 2017
- Blockchain for Business SophiaTX Reveals New Details of Platform; Confirms Date for Token Generation Event - November 22, 2017
- BCShop.io Launches Partner Program - November 22, 2017
- World’s First Social Entrepreneurship Platform Moms Avenue Challenges Etsy by Gearing Up With Blockchain - November 21, 2017
- WAX Partners with Xsolla to Offer Its Platform to More Than 2,000 Video Games - November 20, 2017
- Pundi X integrates NEM blockchain to Bring Cryptocurrency Payments Into Retail Stores - November 20, 2017
- Fujitsu Develops Security Technology to Safely Connect Blockchains - November 20, 2017
- Jibrel Network Announces a Highly Successful Pre-sale Round - November 20, 2017
- KRAFTWERK on Blockchain - November 20, 2017
- MintHealth: Empowering Patients to Take Control of their Health and Data via Blockchain Technology - November 20, 2017
- IBM Completes PoC Of Blockchain-based Shared KYC With Deutsche Bank, HSBC, MUFG And Cargill, IBM Treasuries - November 20, 2017
- LetsEnhance.io to process images on Neuromation Platform - November 20, 2017
- Blockchain And AI Researchers Propose A New Model To Return The Control Over Human Life Data To The Patients And Accelerate Biomedical Research - November 20, 2017