Online gambling industry is facing a big problem these days – players are losing their trust in online casinos because of the fear being scammed. When a player enters the digital gambling world he can not be sure that his odds are not rigged and that the outcome of the game is actually random. Everyone needs to know whether they are just having a bad day and bad luck or casino saw a big bet and decided to give a low card on purpose.
Not so long time ago, three guys were faced with this problem and they decided to do something about it – gather a team and create the first decentralised Ethereum smart contract-based casino which offers a 0% house edge and solves the online gambling transparency question once and for all – Edgeless. Thanks to Ethereum smart contracts everything what is happening inside the casino will be easy accessed by anyone, so that all the paranoid people can be 100% sure that no one is trying to scam them.
The most important thing when it comes to fairness in any kind of online game is the randomness of numbers/outcomes. In order words – when you roll the dice – you don’t know whether the outcome is actually random (just like when you roll the dice in real life) or is it programmed to make you lose your bet. The list of casinos that got caught cheating in many ways, including rigging the outcome, is huge. This mechanism is pretty simple and that is why it is easily rigged. Online casino creates a random number using combination of casino’s number and client’s number. It blends 2 numbers and provides random outcome.
Idea behind that is: casino can rigg own number, but they would not be able to rigg client’s number and outcome will random, therefore casino would not able to cheat. But there is still three ways to do it:
- Casino can easily influence client’s number assigning it on their own (that’s the case in most casinos, because an average player is not going to type and give random number before every gamble round – even if they have this option)
- Client enters number once and he is not changing it. Casino can identify it and use that information and adjust own number.
- Casino can delay own number and provided it to the ‘bender’ once visitor sent his. Then casino can adjust own number to client’s.
If the online casino which is based on smart contracts would try to rig the odds, it would be immediately spotted.
Moreover, 0% house edge can sound a bit crazy, but in reality even with 0% house edge, a player because of its imperfect play, gives around 0,83% to the casino – this was calculated by a former Nevada Gaming Control agent and professional card counter Bill Zender.
An average player does not play ‘the perfect game’ therefore, in the long run the casino takes a profit from his mistakes. An analogy can be taken from poker. A new player is playing against a Pro. Both have equal probability conditions – 50% vs. 50%. However, the Pro player makes better choices and the new player makes bad decisions, and in the long run, the Pro wins. 0% edge card games will be a primary marketing tool to attract players, but additionally, the casino will make profit from sports betting. In this area, the casino will earn 4% from all money wagered.
First there was online fiat money gambling houses, then we got Bitcoin casinos and now – the new era of casinos are about to begin. Decentralized, transparent and 0% edge casino is about to be launched.
Edgeless decided to raise an initial capital through Initial Coin Offering (ICO). Developers distribute a percentage of the initial coin supply among the early supporters and backers. Each one who will invest in Edgeless will be able to get his cut from 40% of profit which will be sent each month through smart contracts. According to Edgeless team, in 2018, the return of investment will be – 14.54%.
The money that is raised is usually spent on the future development of Edgeless casino and its games.
Their crowdfunding campaign will start on 16th of February 2017, 3:00 pm GMT and their goal is to raise 440 000 ETH by selling Edgeless tokens, the rate is 1 ETH = 1000 EDG. Then during next 6-8 months developed their first online game, 0% edge BlackJack, and set it live. In the future developments there is a plan to add more games to the package: 0% edge Video Poker, 0% edge Micro Limits Dice and Sports Betting.
- A2B Direct to Launch a Blockchain Platform and Hold an ICO - June 24, 2017
- The ‘under the radar’ ICO, Populous. A platform tackling the Multi-Trillion Dollar international billings industry. - June 23, 2017
- Blockchain Startup TrueFlip Reinvents Business with 600 Year Long History of Fails - June 23, 2017
- EXMO exchange lists WAVES Blockchain Project - June 23, 2017
- Blockchain Startup DECENT Launch Date Announced - June 23, 2017
- Adex, A Decentralized Ad Network, Taps WINGS Platform For Community Engagement, Token Sale Value Discovery And Social Promotion - June 23, 2017
- Comcast’s Advanced Advertising Group And Participants Announce Blockchain-based Technology Platform - June 22, 2017
- Online Platform for Gamers to Release a Cryptocurrency for In-game Skins Trading; Launches an ICO - June 22, 2017
- Colu Launches Digital “Local Pound, East London” Currency to Empower Local Economies - June 21, 2017
- bitJob.io is Building a Student Employment Program on the Ethereum Blockchain – Launching ICO - June 21, 2017
- Blockchain Project Waves launches landmark USD gateway - June 21, 2017
- Status.im Raises $270m in Three Hours – Shattering Token Raise Record - June 21, 2017
- World’s First Mobile Data Exchange DENT Seeks to Disrupt Telco Market with Blockchain - June 20, 2017
- Financial Inclusion Company Everex Takes Home RemTECH Award For Ethereum Apps - June 18, 2017
- SONM Raises $42 Million in Token Raise - June 18, 2017
- WISeKey partners with the Blockchain Interface company RIDDLE&CODE to develop innovative solutions for securing IoT via Blockchain technology and crypto-hardware - June 17, 2017
- Bancor Announces $153 Million Raise, Largest Token Generation Event in History - June 17, 2017
- CORION Announces Final Coin Sale Details to Build its Revolutionary Platform & Stable-Rate Currency - June 17, 2017
- Enhancing the value of history with ZenDao – ICO announcement - June 16, 2017
- FunFair Announces Token Creation Event on June 22 for World’s Fastest Blockchain Casino Platform - June 15, 2017
- Blockchain Technology Venture Nimiq Announces Token Sale - June 14, 2017
- Outlier Ventures Makes Multi-Million Dollar Investment in Distributed IoT Marketplace ‘IOTA’ Through Major Token Purchase - June 14, 2017
- Bancor Token Allocation Event Smashes Record – Raises over $150 Million - June 13, 2017
- Consensys Introduces Omega One - June 12, 2017
- MetaX and DMA Join Forces to Launch adChain: a Blockchain Solution to Digital Advertising Fraud - June 12, 2017
- Aeternity Raises $24 million Over Phase Two of Token Sale - June 12, 2017
- HyperChain Capital announces Collaboration and Investment in CoinDash - June 12, 2017
- Community-Driven Cryptocurrency Credits Announces First Public Release - June 12, 2017
- Bancor Protocol Foundation Announces New Partners Before Upcoming Token Allocation Event - June 12, 2017
- Investors from Russia are launching a venture fund formed on blockchain - June 12, 2017
- Bancor Adds Heavyweight Advisory Team to their Foundation – Token Allocation Event Kicks off Today - June 12, 2017
- Bancor Protocol Foundation Adds Author and Euro Designer Bernard Lietaer as Chief Monetary Architect - June 10, 2017
- Russian Billionaire Announces Business Incubator on Waves Platform - June 9, 2017
- Bancor Launches Crowdfunding Valuation And Promotion Via Wings Dao On Ethereum - June 9, 2017
- Coinsilium invests in Indorse.io Decentralised Professional Network - June 8, 2017
- Cofound.it Breaks Pre-Sale Record, Selling Out With Priority Pass Before Public Token Sale - June 7, 2017
- Cofound.it Token Pre-Sale Reaches $5 Million Threshold Within Three Hours, Announces First Three Projects - June 5, 2017
- Blockchain Startup DECENT Testnet #2 Launched! - June 4, 2017
- Blockchain Challenge Dubai Announces Winners- Awarded $45,000 - June 4, 2017
- Waves Ceo Sasha Ivanov: Blockchain Will Lead To Rapid Progress Not Only In State Administration, But Also In Business - June 4, 2017
- Exscudo ICO Successfully Concluded – $5M Dollars Raised - June 1, 2017
- Aventus launches Ethereum-based Event Ticketing Solution - June 1, 2017
- Brave Token Sale Blasts Records With $35 Million in 30 Seconds - June 1, 2017
- Japanese Blockchain Startup releases VALU – Social Media Value That Can Be Traded - May 31, 2017
- MetaX and ConsenSys Announce adToken Sale June 26, 2017 - May 31, 2017
- Blockchain Indy Production Start Up to make a TV Series about the Bitcoin Revolution. Fans invest to help tell the story! - May 31, 2017
- Chat Platform Kik to Integrate Kin Token as First Mainstream Adoption of Cryptocurrency - May 31, 2017
- VPN Blockchain Startup Mysterium Network Raises 68,629 ETH ($14,358,975 USD) in under 45 minutes - May 30, 2017
- XinFin Introduces Blockchain-based Institutional Financing Marketplace Alongside Pre-ICO Token Sale - May 30, 2017
- European Energy Companies to Test Peer-to-Peer Trading Over The Blockchain - May 30, 2017