Online gambling industry is facing a big problem these days – players are losing their trust in online casinos because of the fear being scammed. When a player enters the digital gambling world he can not be sure that his odds are not rigged and that the outcome of the game is actually random. Everyone needs to know whether they are just having a bad day and bad luck or casino saw a big bet and decided to give a low card on purpose.
Not so long time ago, three guys were faced with this problem and they decided to do something about it – gather a team and create the first decentralised Ethereum smart contract-based casino which offers a 0% house edge and solves the online gambling transparency question once and for all – Edgeless. Thanks to Ethereum smart contracts everything what is happening inside the casino will be easy accessed by anyone, so that all the paranoid people can be 100% sure that no one is trying to scam them.
The most important thing when it comes to fairness in any kind of online game is the randomness of numbers/outcomes. In order words – when you roll the dice – you don’t know whether the outcome is actually random (just like when you roll the dice in real life) or is it programmed to make you lose your bet. The list of casinos that got caught cheating in many ways, including rigging the outcome, is huge. This mechanism is pretty simple and that is why it is easily rigged. Online casino creates a random number using combination of casino’s number and client’s number. It blends 2 numbers and provides random outcome.
Idea behind that is: casino can rigg own number, but they would not be able to rigg client’s number and outcome will random, therefore casino would not able to cheat. But there is still three ways to do it:
- Casino can easily influence client’s number assigning it on their own (that’s the case in most casinos, because an average player is not going to type and give random number before every gamble round – even if they have this option)
- Client enters number once and he is not changing it. Casino can identify it and use that information and adjust own number.
- Casino can delay own number and provided it to the ‘bender’ once visitor sent his. Then casino can adjust own number to client’s.
If the online casino which is based on smart contracts would try to rig the odds, it would be immediately spotted.
Moreover, 0% house edge can sound a bit crazy, but in reality even with 0% house edge, a player because of its imperfect play, gives around 0,83% to the casino – this was calculated by a former Nevada Gaming Control agent and professional card counter Bill Zender.
An average player does not play ‘the perfect game’ therefore, in the long run the casino takes a profit from his mistakes. An analogy can be taken from poker. A new player is playing against a Pro. Both have equal probability conditions – 50% vs. 50%. However, the Pro player makes better choices and the new player makes bad decisions, and in the long run, the Pro wins. 0% edge card games will be a primary marketing tool to attract players, but additionally, the casino will make profit from sports betting. In this area, the casino will earn 4% from all money wagered.
First there was online fiat money gambling houses, then we got Bitcoin casinos and now – the new era of casinos are about to begin. Decentralized, transparent and 0% edge casino is about to be launched.
Edgeless decided to raise an initial capital through Initial Coin Offering (ICO). Developers distribute a percentage of the initial coin supply among the early supporters and backers. Each one who will invest in Edgeless will be able to get his cut from 40% of profit which will be sent each month through smart contracts. According to Edgeless team, in 2018, the return of investment will be – 14.54%.
The money that is raised is usually spent on the future development of Edgeless casino and its games.
Their crowdfunding campaign will start on 16th of February 2017, 3:00 pm GMT and their goal is to raise 440 000 ETH by selling Edgeless tokens, the rate is 1 ETH = 1000 EDG. Then during next 6-8 months developed their first online game, 0% edge BlackJack, and set it live. In the future developments there is a plan to add more games to the package: 0% edge Video Poker, 0% edge Micro Limits Dice and Sports Betting.
- Blockchain Startup Binded Raises $950k in Seed Round to Democratize Copyright - May 24, 2017
- Waves launches Gatway for the Euro - May 23, 2017
- Netki & Bitt Production Release Underway with Caribbean Financial Institution - May 23, 2017
- Kibo Lotto Launched in Ethereum Test Network - May 23, 2017
- Deloitte’s Blockchain Team Unveils Prototypes, Research and Alliances at Consensus 2017 - May 23, 2017
- Swiss e-government startup Procivis releases integrated e-identity platform - May 23, 2017
- Blockchain Wallet Jaxx Announces Massive Expansion - May 22, 2017
- ShapeShift Launches First Trustless Asset Portfolio Platform - May 22, 2017
- Status.im and Bancor Protocol Cut Deal to Issue Tokens From Smartphones - May 22, 2017
- Future\Perfect Lab Launches Blockchain, IoT, Artificial Intelligence and Security Convergence Project - May 21, 2017
- Storj Labs Claims Number Two ICO Spot With $20 Million Raised in Less than Six Hours - May 19, 2017
- Starta ICO Announces Crowdsale for Eastern European VC Vehicle on Waves Platform - May 19, 2017
- SingularDTV Announces New 11 Application Ecosystem - May 19, 2017
- Storj Labs Launches Token Sale - May 19, 2017
- CORION Announces Full-Service Blockchain Platform to Build and Manage Any Business - May 19, 2017
- Luxembourg Blockchain Group Incorporates Infrachain a.s.b.l. - May 18, 2017
- Fintech Investment Group Launches With AI Forex Trading Platform And Compcoin Digital Tokens Ahead Of Initial Coin Offering - May 18, 2017
- IBM and Chile’s Santiago Exchange to Deliver World’s First Securities Lending Blockchain Solution - May 18, 2017
- Supercomputer Organized by Network Mining (SONM) announces ICO - May 18, 2017
- Digital Assess Wants to Use Blockchain Technology to Replace Paper Qualifications - May 18, 2017
- Aragon Smashes ICO Record Pulling in $25 million in 15 Minutes - May 18, 2017
- Bloq Launches BloqLabs to Bring Open Source Blockchain Technologies to Enterprise - May 17, 2017
- Wagerr (WGR) — Sports Betting on the Blockchain - May 17, 2017
- Avalon Life Puts Land Ownership on Blockchain, Launches GREEN EARTH ZERO Service with NEM Technology - May 17, 2017
- Swiss EY Team Joins Polybius Cryptobank as Advisors, ICO to Follow - May 17, 2017
- IOTA Announces $2 Million IOTA Ecosystem Fund - May 17, 2017
- Crypviser Blockchain-Based Encrypted Communication Platform Announces the ICO of CVCoin Tokens - May 17, 2017
- Blockchain App Puts An End To Medical Records Being Held To Ransom - May 17, 2017
- Report on Blockchain Start-up Marketing Maturity Shows Challenges and Opportunities Ahead - May 17, 2017
- BlockEx Partners With Winston & Strawn to Leverage Blockchain for Bond Issuance - May 17, 2017
- US Brokerage Petitions SEC to Get Moving on ICOs - May 17, 2017
- Silicon Valley’s Boost VC to Invest in ICOs - May 16, 2017
- Aragon Partners with Leading Digital Asset Exchange ShapeShift Ahead of Highly Anticipated Token Sale - May 16, 2017
- LuxTrust and Cambridge Blockchain Announce Privacy-Protecting Identity Platform - May 15, 2017
- Sphre Partners with Airbitz to Power Secure Blockchain-Based Identity Management - May 15, 2017
- Furtherfield Gallery – Blockchain Art Exhibition London - May 12, 2017
- P2pfisy: An Innovative, Cross-sectoral Perspective On The Ongoing Disintermediation Of Financial Systems. - May 12, 2017
- How Exscudo Helps You To Store Cryptocurrencies - May 12, 2017
- Blockchain-Fueled Waves Platform Integrated in Microsoft Azure - May 12, 2017
- Nick Gogerty Joins the Lykke Team as Chief Strategist - May 12, 2017
- Countr POS Partners with Coinify to bring Blockchain Payments to its Merchants - May 12, 2017
- Wall Street Fintech PR Agency, Wachsman PR, Chooses Dublin as European HQ - May 12, 2017
- London Crypofinancing Conference – The Future of Startup Finance – Initial Coin Offerings, Token Sales, Cryptocurrencies and Blockchain - May 12, 2017
- AST to Deliver Blockchain-based Proxy Voting Solution - May 10, 2017
- Cofound.it Launches Token Sale for Startup Platform - May 10, 2017
- Global Graphchain Project FERMAT Expands, Partners with Cicada - May 9, 2017
- Gideon Greenspan – Where Flexible Thinking is Preferable to Dogmatism – The Blockchain Immutability Myth - May 9, 2017
- Mathematician and Israeli Bitcoin Association Chairman Meni Rosenfeld Joins Bancor Advisory Board - May 7, 2017
- South Korea’s BOScoin announces ICO May 10th, 2017 - May 6, 2017
- ICO Token Raises Blow Past VC for Blockchain Investment in last 12 Months - May 6, 2017