Online gambling industry is facing a big problem these days – players are losing their trust in online casinos because of the fear being scammed. When a player enters the digital gambling world he can not be sure that his odds are not rigged and that the outcome of the game is actually random. Everyone needs to know whether they are just having a bad day and bad luck or casino saw a big bet and decided to give a low card on purpose.
Not so long time ago, three guys were faced with this problem and they decided to do something about it – gather a team and create the first decentralised Ethereum smart contract-based casino which offers a 0% house edge and solves the online gambling transparency question once and for all – Edgeless. Thanks to Ethereum smart contracts everything what is happening inside the casino will be easy accessed by anyone, so that all the paranoid people can be 100% sure that no one is trying to scam them.
The most important thing when it comes to fairness in any kind of online game is the randomness of numbers/outcomes. In order words – when you roll the dice – you don’t know whether the outcome is actually random (just like when you roll the dice in real life) or is it programmed to make you lose your bet. The list of casinos that got caught cheating in many ways, including rigging the outcome, is huge. This mechanism is pretty simple and that is why it is easily rigged. Online casino creates a random number using combination of casino’s number and client’s number. It blends 2 numbers and provides random outcome.
Idea behind that is: casino can rigg own number, but they would not be able to rigg client’s number and outcome will random, therefore casino would not able to cheat. But there is still three ways to do it:
- Casino can easily influence client’s number assigning it on their own (that’s the case in most casinos, because an average player is not going to type and give random number before every gamble round – even if they have this option)
- Client enters number once and he is not changing it. Casino can identify it and use that information and adjust own number.
- Casino can delay own number and provided it to the ‘bender’ once visitor sent his. Then casino can adjust own number to client’s.
If the online casino which is based on smart contracts would try to rig the odds, it would be immediately spotted.
Moreover, 0% house edge can sound a bit crazy, but in reality even with 0% house edge, a player because of its imperfect play, gives around 0,83% to the casino – this was calculated by a former Nevada Gaming Control agent and professional card counter Bill Zender.
An average player does not play ‘the perfect game’ therefore, in the long run the casino takes a profit from his mistakes. An analogy can be taken from poker. A new player is playing against a Pro. Both have equal probability conditions – 50% vs. 50%. However, the Pro player makes better choices and the new player makes bad decisions, and in the long run, the Pro wins. 0% edge card games will be a primary marketing tool to attract players, but additionally, the casino will make profit from sports betting. In this area, the casino will earn 4% from all money wagered.
First there was online fiat money gambling houses, then we got Bitcoin casinos and now – the new era of casinos are about to begin. Decentralized, transparent and 0% edge casino is about to be launched.
Edgeless decided to raise an initial capital through Initial Coin Offering (ICO). Developers distribute a percentage of the initial coin supply among the early supporters and backers. Each one who will invest in Edgeless will be able to get his cut from 40% of profit which will be sent each month through smart contracts. According to Edgeless team, in 2018, the return of investment will be – 14.54%.
The money that is raised is usually spent on the future development of Edgeless casino and its games.
Their crowdfunding campaign will start on 16th of February 2017, 3:00 pm GMT and their goal is to raise 440 000 ETH by selling Edgeless tokens, the rate is 1 ETH = 1000 EDG. Then during next 6-8 months developed their first online game, 0% edge BlackJack, and set it live. In the future developments there is a plan to add more games to the package: 0% edge Video Poker, 0% edge Micro Limits Dice and Sports Betting.
- US Homeland Security Testing Blockchain To Track People, Goods Across Borders - January 17, 2017
- Israeli Tax Authorities Might Go After Bitcoin - January 16, 2017
- Senior US Regulator David Blaszkowsky Joins Canadian Blockchain Intelligence Group (BIG) Advisory Board - January 16, 2017
- Seven European Banks Cut Blockchain Deal to Facilitate Easier Cross-Border SME Commerce - January 16, 2017
- Marketforce to Host 2nd Annual The Blockchain Summit on 28th March 2017 in London - January 15, 2017
- Waves Platform Implements New Blockchain Scalability Approaches - January 14, 2017
- China’s Puerbank Group Launches Global Node for A Standardized Blockchain-Based Digital Currency in the UK - January 14, 2017
- DU and Guardtime Partner with Dubai’s NMC Hospital to Revolutionize Electronic Health Records with Blockchain Technology - January 14, 2017
- Report: Blockchain Slated to Become $8 Billion Global Industry By 2024 - January 14, 2017
- Blockchain Could Save Financial Services $110 billion over Next Three Years - January 14, 2017
- Russia Embraces Bitcoin – No Plans to Ban Cryptocurrencies - January 14, 2017
- Canadian BTL Group Completes Blockchain Pilot With Major Global Energy Company - January 12, 2017
- Tokio Marine & Nichido Fire Insurance and NTT DATA Cut Blockchain PoC For Insurance - January 12, 2017
- HfS Research Recognises VirtusaPolaris for Emerging Blockchain Services in BFSI - January 12, 2017
- Deloitte Launches Blockchain Lab in New York - January 12, 2017
- SWIFT launches Blockchain Proof of Concept In Hyperledger - January 12, 2017
- Blockchain VIP’s to Gather for Major Retreat This Month - January 12, 2017
- IBM Watson Health and US FDA Announce Blockchain Healthcare Data Project - January 12, 2017
- Equibit Development Corporation Sets $7 million Funding Target, Crowdsale Date - January 12, 2017
- US National Science Foundation Offers $8.5m in Funding for Blockchain Proposals for Cyberinfrastructure Security - January 11, 2017
- China Poised to Dominate Fintech and Blockchain Markets in 2017 - January 10, 2017
- Respectonomy Social Network To Tackle Censorship Using Blockchain - January 10, 2017
- South Korea Plans to Launch a Full-Scale Pilot Project on Blockchain-powered Financial Services - January 10, 2017
- Postal Savings Bank of China (PSBC) Announces First Blockchain Financial Service - January 10, 2017
- Reserve Bank of India (RBI) Releases Bullish Report on Blockchain for Clearing, Settlement - January 10, 2017
- Blockchain TV – TED Talk | How the Blockchain will Radically Transform the Economy | Bettina Warburg - January 10, 2017
- Alfa-Bank and S7 Airlines Close Blockchain Deal in Russia - January 10, 2017
- Life.SREDA and the Russian Republic of Tatarstan To Introduce Blockchain Technology For Public Administration System - January 10, 2017
- Union Square Ventures Leads $4M Funding Round for Blockchain Startup Blockstack - January 10, 2017
- US Department of Energy Eyeing Blockchain Solutions for Security – Seeking Proposals - January 10, 2017
- India’s Axis Bank to Use Ripple Blockchain for Cross-Border Remittances - January 10, 2017
- Georgia to Store Real Estate Documents in Blockchain System with Bitfury Group and Hernando de Soto - January 10, 2017
- US Depository Trust & Clearing Corporation Selects IBM, AXONI and R3 to Develop Derivatives Processing On Blockchain - January 10, 2017
- Grantcoin Foundation Expands Board of Directors – Distribution Rescheduled to Late January - January 8, 2017
- UNICEF, UK Home Office and BTCC to speak at London Blockchain Week 2017 - January 6, 2017
- American Company The Seam to Form Cotton Blockchain Consortium with IBM on Hyperledger Fabric - January 5, 2017
- Move over Bitcoin – MIT Cryptographer Silvio Micali and his Public Ledger ALGORAND… The Future of Blockchain? - January 5, 2017
- Blockchain to Play Role in Future of Transportation? UBS Teams up with ZF and innology SE to Make it Happen - January 5, 2017
- Blockchain Group Hyperledger Expands into China - January 5, 2017
- The Evolution Of Casinos – Next Generation Transparent Ethereum Smart Contracts Based Casino “Edgeless” - January 5, 2017
- Healthcare Sector Plans to Move Hard and Fast to Blockchain in 2017 - January 5, 2017
- Russia Eyes Blockchain Potential for National Payment System - January 5, 2017
- Bitfury Group Launches Global Blockchain Business Council - January 4, 2017
- India’s Yes Bank Enlists IBM to Help Build Blockchain Solutions - January 4, 2017
- World’s First Cryptocurrency Fund Listed on Exchange - December 25, 2016
- Dubai Future Accelerators Program Invests US$33m In Pilot Projects Including Blockchain - December 23, 2016
- IC3 Publishes Research on Blockchain Utilization of Intel Software Guard Extensions Offering Enhanced Protection - December 23, 2016
- UNICEF, UK Home Office and BTCC to speak at London Blockchain Week 2017 - December 22, 2016
- Corporate Patents on Blockchain Could Create Legal Problems for Startups - December 22, 2016
- French Global Banking Giant BNP Paribas Completes First Real-Time Blockchain Payment - December 21, 2016