Blockchain ‘banking for the bankless’ project Humaniq has opened up a London office, growing and internationalising their team of banking, finance, business and humanitarian experts in advance of their Initial Coin Offering (ICO) fundraising which launches on April 6, 2017. This adds to the company’s existing presence in Moscow and Luxembourg.
The London office will be a key strategic hub for the Humaniq team. It was formed to begin the broader build-out of Humaniq across the global Fintech ecosystem and develop partnerships with startups, emerging technology experts, humanitarian organisations and the philanthropic community.
The extended group, including advisors and associates, met on March 11, 2017 in a workshop to discuss strategy, marketing, structure and how best to move the company forward. Discussions including utility value for the HMQ cryptocurrency, ICO marketing, potential case studies, ‘preferential’’ investment opportunities for initial ICO backers. Plans for growth include the creation of the Humaniq Foundation to manage the open source stack and API integrations with financial inclusion startups and services out of Zug, Switzerland in Cryptovalley as well as a corporate entity in Luxembourg which will lead an incubator for startups building third party applications on top of the core Humaniq platform.
Humaniq’s London office has been created with the support of Diana Biggs, an expert in financial inclusion and blockchain technology who advises on emerging technologies, financial services and social change. She is the Industry Advisor at the UCL Centre for Blockchain Technologies, advises on technology and social enterprise for international organizations and non-profits and is a published author on the use of emerging technologies by non-banks for financial inclusion. Biggs previously served as VP of Growth and Partnerships, UK & EMEA, for digital currency platform Uphold and as Chief Strategy Officer for Soko, a Kenya-based e-commerce platform and social enterprise. She brings extensive experience building and managing large scale projects in developing markets.
“London is the perfect location for Humaniq,” said Biggs. “As a global Fintech hub, it allows us to keep our finger on the pulse of the market and build out partnerships with startups and corporates alike for our API and platform growth, connecting the community to our advanced technology offerings from our Eastern European branch and our network of global Ambassadors across Africa and Asia.”
Chief Marketing Officer (CMO) Richard Kastelein will also be working with the London team on communications and strategy. Kastelein is the publisher and editor-in-chief of Blockchain News, partner at Blockchain Partners in NYC and has been representing Humaniq at events in London, The Hague, Bucharest, Nairobi, Tel Aviv, Manchester, Brussels, and Barcelona as well as others in upcoming months. Kastelein has served as an advisory member of multiple ICOs and Blockchain companies and sits on the steering committee of the international Blockchain Ecosystem Network (BECON).
London-based Dinis Guarda is joining Humaniq in an advisory role. Guarda brings 20+ years experience in business and digital transformation. A strategist, curator, programmer and producer he has worked with major global organisations.
In addition to the London team, Alexander Perkins, an associate at Deep Knowledge Ventures, joins Humaniq as Vice President covering the American market.
With the goal of bringing two billion unbanked people into the global economy, Humaniq is already off to a great start after succeeding with their December 2016 initial crowdfunding campaign, and the startup has an ambitious agenda for 2017.
Humaniq has already gotten off to a good start as a new company. During a short-notice December campaign, they managed to raise over $110,000 in Bitcoin and Ether during their pre-ICO initial crowdfunding, beating their target of $68,000 by a hefty margin.
Humaniq was launched in 2016 by founder Alex Fork after a February 2016 interview with Ethereum founder Vitalik Buterin where they discussed the challenges of integrating charities with Blockchain technology. At an ICT conference in Moldova in April, Alex met with UN representatives to talk about who to partner with and what’s needed to help emerging economies where millions of people don’t have bank accounts and live on less than €2 euro per day.
“We’ve made great progress during the last few months with our technology stack and have developed relationships with new partners for our regional expansion plans in Africa, Asia and India.
The humanitarian mission of the project has attracted significant attention and even exceeded our most optimistic expectations. Interest is growing exponentially from multiple network partners and industry allies who are offering promising options for strategic partnerships and future development. With the launch of our London headquarters, in addition to taking on some serious heavyweights in the financial industry, we feel confident that we can convert potential into practice for the benefit of humanity, by being part of the solution aiming at lifting two billion people out of poverty. London is the heart of the global financial industry and a great home for Humaniq to consolidate its operations.“ said Alex Fork.
Founder Alex Fork has been deeply involved in the Blockchain and fintech community for over four years. Alex is the director of FutureFinTech in Russia, which incubates and advises Fintech startups in Russia and Eastern Europe. In addition, he’s also one of the leaders of Blockchain.Community, which is a borderless community of entrepreneurs, experts, and enthusiasts whose goal is to connect people in the Blockchain community in order to drive development and adoption of Blockchain technology worldwide.
Simultaneously while kicking off their ICO on April 6th, Humaniq will sponsor a start-up competition at BlockShow Europe 2017 in Munich on April 6th, where six finalists will be competing for a €10,000 prize and the opportunity to be advised by industry experts who can assist them in setting up a solid business roadmap.
Humaniq’s main goal is to create an Ethereum Blockchain based platform that will bring mobile finance to a potential client base of two billion people who currently don’t have access to banking services. In addition to being a mobile app, the platform will also act as the infrastructure backbone for 3rd party services to plug into, such as insurance providers, p2p lenders, and data security. See more at http://www.humaniq.co
- OpenLedger’s Apptrade (www.apptrade.io), the platform creating “Kickstarter for Apps on the Blockchain”, has received a $100,000 USD boost from OpenLedger ApS, the world’s first blockchain powered conglomerate. Powered by the digital token APPX, Apptrade creates portfolios, or groups, of apps, where if one of those apps becomes the next Instagram or Angry Birds, then the value of the portfolio rises. Ronny Boesing, CEO of OpenLedger ApS, explained that Apptrade’s initial token offering (ITO) changed its valuation in the middle of its crowd sale as an immediate response to the result of its preliminary offering. Boesing said, “The Apptrade platform is much too important to not succeed, and it was clear that we needed to adjust the valuation to make it more appealing to anyone deciding to participate. In addition, we wanted to show our belief in this project, and felt that there was no better way to show this than putting our money where our mouth is. OpenLedger will be adding a total of $100 000 USD to the Crowdsale over the next 7 days.” The minimum fundraising goal is $1M USD with a cap of $5M USD. With a total of 8.25M APPX tokens on offer, OpenLedger’s Apptrade ApS will back these tokens with 20% of the future revenue from the Apptrade platform, and any unsold tokens will therefore be distributed proportionally to all participants. All early bird participants, as well new participants, will receive the extra tokens according to the published Stage 1 structure, plus benefit from the additional tokens to be divided. Daniel Pineda, Founder of Apptrade says, “After listening carefully to feedback from public and private supporters, and with great consideration, we decided to update our master token valuation. We firmly believe that our platform, built on the ecosystem of OpenLedger and powerful BitShares financial trading technology, is a strong Blockchain project that will be a success for years to come. We feel that this is the right action to ensure a satisfactory outcome for all.” Apptrade’s final valuation is going to be based on the amount raised, whether $1M USD as its threshold or money back guarantee, or the maximum of $5M USD. The valuation of the Apptrade platform will be determined on what is raised. The deadline according to the escrow agreement is set to end on April 30 2017. Boesing continued, “This approach and change of valuation resulted from requests from within the community, and we hope to accommodate many more participants. But one thing is clear to all of the Early Birds – this is your lucky day!” - March 27, 2017
- Factom Launches Revolutionary Blockchain Suite of Mortgage Products - March 24, 2017
- Qtum Shatters ICO Records Raising $15.6 Million - March 24, 2017
- Blockchain Startup Sphre Announces ICO (Crowdsale) for Digital Identity Platform Called Air - March 22, 2017
- Kestrel sign ups to MTI’s blockchain driven solutions to deliver global growth - March 22, 2017
- The G20 Countries Should Investigate Blockchain Technologies to Build an Inclusive, Transparent, and Accountable Digital Economy for All - March 21, 2017
- Particl, a Distributed Marketplace Rethinking Privacy’s Future – Announced Seed Round - March 21, 2017
- ZrCoin To Do Initial Coin Offering (ICO) to Crowdfunds Commodities Option - March 21, 2017
- Canada’s Scotiabank and AlphaPoint Announce Successful Blockchain Trial - March 21, 2017
- Canada’s SecureKey taps IBM to put identity on the Blockchain - March 21, 2017
- Blockchain Startup Humaniq Launches London Office - March 21, 2017
- QRL Recruits Testers for High Security Quantum-Resistant Blockchain - March 20, 2017
- Blockchain of Things, Inc. Releases Paw Advanced REST Client Integration - March 19, 2017
- ConsenSys Named Official Blockchain City Advisor for the City of Dubai - March 16, 2017
- Bloq Launches BloqLabs to Connect Enterprises with Open Source Blockchain Innovations - March 16, 2017
- Multi-Million Dollar Research Institute Launched to Explore Blockchain Use Cases, Opportunities and Challenges - March 16, 2017
- Chamber of Digital Commerce Forms the Blockchain Intellectual Property Council - March 16, 2017
- Orebits & Symbiont Deploy Blockchain Technology to Digitize Gold Ownership - March 16, 2017
- Blockchain Capital to Raise its Third Fund via a Digital Token Offering in The First Liquidity-enhanced Venture Capital Fund - March 16, 2017
- The Exscudo Channels App Is A New Mobile Wallet And Secure Messenger - March 14, 2017
- Dao.Casino – Decentralising the Gambling Economy - March 14, 2017
- Chain of Points Adds American Internet Entrepreneur Jeff Pulver to Board of Advisors - March 14, 2017
- Nasdaq Releases NYIAX – A Blockchain-Enabled, Cloud-Based Media Trading Platform - March 14, 2017
- Lunyr Announces Crowdsale for the First Decentralized World Knowledge Base on Ethereum - March 14, 2017
- Coinsource, World’s largest bitcoin ATM network, Completes Historic Bulk Installation on US West Coast with 35 ATMs - March 14, 2017
- Bitwala Offers Bitcoin to M-Pesa Services in Kenya, Nigeria, Uganda, and Tanzania - March 12, 2017
- US SEC Regulators Reject Bitcoin ETF, Price Plunges, Recovers - March 11, 2017
- Google’s DeepMind plans Blockchain Health Record Tracking for Hospitals - March 10, 2017
- Coalition Forms to Address Digital Asset Taxation Uncertainty - March 10, 2017
- Livecoin, the Fourth Largest Altcoin Exchange Is Now Available in Eight Languages - March 9, 2017
- Australia Releases Blockchain Standards Roadmap - March 6, 2017
- Hyperledger Fabric Graduates with Honours – It’s Live! - March 4, 2017
- TaaS, the First Fully Transparent Closed End Fund Dedicated to Blockchain Assets, Adds International Banking and Marketing Experts as Advisors - March 2, 2017
- Kraken Acquires Cryptowatch and Launches New Trading Platform - March 1, 2017
- Switzerland’s Crypto Valley Association Founded To Build World’s Leading Blockchain and Cryptographic Ecosystem - March 1, 2017
- Massive Launch by Blockchain Industry for New Enterprise Ethereum Alliance - March 1, 2017
- Monax Joins Hyperledger Project, Brings Ethereum Technology - February 28, 2017
- Chain of Points Adds Internet Pioneer and iPayYou Founder Gene Kavner to Board of Advisors - February 27, 2017
- Chamber of Digital Commerce and Structured Finance Industry Group Partner to bring Blockchain to Securitization - February 27, 2017
- Blockchain Startup Bloq Acquires Blockchain Analytics Pioneer Skry - February 27, 2017
- Edgeless.io Launches its ICO to become the first fully transparent Casino, Offering 0% Edge - February 27, 2017
- Storj Labs Raises $3 Million in Seed Funding - February 26, 2017
- Northern Trust And IBM Pioneer Use Of Blockchain Technology To Help Transform Private Equity Administration - February 26, 2017
- 0x – An Open Protocol for Decentralized Exchange on the Ethereum Blockchain - February 26, 2017
- Global Blockchain Project FERMAT Announces Significant Alpha Release for the “Internet of People” - February 26, 2017
- Blockchain Startup Peerplays Raises $4m Before ICO Even Kicks Off - February 26, 2017
- Numerai Launches Cryptocurrency and New Hedge Fund Built By Data Scientist Network - February 26, 2017
- Disrupt the VC Industry? Brock Pierce and Blockchain Capital to Launch Own Cryptocurrency and ICO - February 26, 2017
- SoftBank, Sprint and TBCASoft Partner in Blockchain Technology for Telecom Carriers - February 25, 2017
- Lisk Introduces New Blockchain Technology Update - February 25, 2017