The University College London Centre for Blockchain Technologies (UCL CBT) is proud to be partner of the upcoming P2P Financial Systems International Workshop 2017 (P2PFISY), to be held at UCL Wilkins Building on 20-21 July 2017.
The event counts on a high-level line-up of speakers who will promise to finally merge the gap between academia, industry and finance debating on the potentials and controversies of financial disintermediation.
How will technological developments like fintech and digital money shape the future financial system?
Critics claim that it will be ruled by peer-to-peer systems. Undoubtedly, our society is rapidly evolving toward a less capital-intensive economy of ubiquitous on-demand shared assets and services. Technology-enabled platforms driven by computer-based and network-based ICTs allow for a peer-to-peer exchange of information and value without intermediaries.
Digital currencies and blockchain technologies, P2P lending and crowdfunding, digital money transfer, mobile banking and mobile payments represent the core of this innovation and the topics of the conference.
What opportunities and potential risks do such peer-to-peer innovation involve?
Despite the implementation of a series of reforms, including the introduction of regulatory sandboxes, the question whether the current financial disintermediation is fit for the future remains unanswered. The perspectives chosen by this workshop to face such controversial themes are probably to be considered as the keystone to evaluate not simply advantages and disadvantages but also present and future challenges that these new technologies are placing.
The third edition of the P2PFISY will foster debates from a wide viewpoint, by aiming to merge attitudes and to bridge the gap between academics, technologists, policy makers, regulators and Fintech experts. Partners of the event are the Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland, De Netherlandsche Bank, the Bank of Canada with the patronage of UCL Centre for Blockchain Technologies.
The two days workshop are divided into a P2P Day (Thursday 20th July) and a Blockchain Day (Friday 21st July). Opening keynote of the event and of the P2P Day is Prof. Daniel Heller, Visiting Fellow at PIIE and former Executive Director at International Monetary Fund.
During the two days researchers, industry experts and entrepreneurs will be engaged in thrilling presentations and debates. Among the confirmed speakers: Lee Braine (Barclays), Michele Curtoni (London Stock Exchange), Thomas Bertani (Oraclize), Pinar Emirdag (State Street), Paolo Sironi (IBM Watson Financial Service), Jon Matonis (Bitcoin Foundation).
Moreover, the discussion will be enlightened by the view of regulators and central bankers including: Jeffrey Bandman (US Commodity and Future Trading Commission), John Schindler (Federal Reserve Board), Chalrelne Chen (BitPesa), Andrea Pinna (European Central Bank), Wilko Bolt (De Nederlandsche Bank), Ben Fung (Bank of Canada), Ben Craig (Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland), Michael Liftik (former US Security Exchange Commission).
Discussions on both days are closed by a rich panel session, where business and regulation as well as business and technology of P2P financial markets will be analyzed.
The program is constantly being updated and some other internationally renowned speakers are to be expected.
A lot of attention is being attracted by the Formal Dining, which will host a Special Guest for a speech before the dinner. The name will be revealed at due time from the conference secretariat.
A few details more about the event: tickets can be purchased via the P2PFISY website,
Early bird rates for academics, practitioners and students will be available until the 30th of April.
The Call for Papers will close on 15th May. Selected papers will have the opportunity to be published in a special issue of Journal of Digital Banking.
More information can be found here.
- Pulsar Venture Capital Holds ICO to Raise Money Using Blockchain - October 19, 2017
- Dash Expands Reach In Asia Through Cooperation With Rising Fintech Company QUOINE - October 19, 2017
- Hacken and Neuromation Partnership Launched to Stomp out Blockchain Cybercrime - October 19, 2017
- Playkey Brings in $1 Million in Pre-Sale Campaign and Welcomes Dillon Seo as VR Advisor - October 19, 2017
- SolarCoin Founders Introduce New Blockchain-Based Network for Global, Decentralized Energy Trading - October 19, 2017
- Kazakhstan’s Lendex.io plans ICO in early 2018 - October 19, 2017
- Swissborg – The Blockchain Era of Swiss Private Banking – Announced ICO - October 19, 2017
- Bank4YOU Group’s launches ICO end of October – Investors Call to Action - October 19, 2017
- Live Pre-sale of Trive: Fights Fake News Using Cryptocurrency and Crowdsourced Research - October 19, 2017
- A New Ozone Layer? Arcona Plans for Augmented Reality Layer to Cover Earth Surface in new AR project - October 19, 2017
- Cofound.it Introduces Seed Program for Early Blockchain Startups - October 19, 2017
- LOOMIA Announces Collaboration With Storj Labs, Introduces Smart Fabrics and Consumer Data to Blockchain Technology - October 19, 2017
- DECENT Launches Beta Release of DECENT GO, The First Decentralized Marketplace for Digital Content - October 19, 2017
- Orebits Corporation, Inc. Announces Orebits Pool, LLC and Orebits.AU Eco-System - October 19, 2017
- Pareto – the Peer to Peer Financial Content Marketplace Announces Token Sale - October 19, 2017
- Appsolutely Launches the LoyalPlatform, LoyalCoin and LoyalWallet; Using Blockchain to Usher in the New “Loyalty Economy” - October 19, 2017
- Eidoo Raises $27.9m In Successful ICO To Bridge The Cryptocurrency Gap And Open The World Of Digital Currencies To The Masses - October 19, 2017
- Malta-based RoboAdvisorCoin (RAC) Launches Token Sale for Robo-Advisor Dedicated to Cryptocurrencies and Digital Assets - October 19, 2017
- BLOCKv Announces the Availability of VEE Tokens Through Its Upcoming Token Generation Event – Open to Public on October 19, 2017 - October 19, 2017
- The Fundchain initiative starts again this year with new Research & Development roadmap for the investment fund industry - October 19, 2017
- Digital Cryptocurrency Vault DigiPulse Reaches $1 million in Token Sale - October 19, 2017
- Tickets Cloud Kicks off crypto.tickets ICO - October 19, 2017
- Ex-JP Morgan Vice President Dr Joseph Chen-Yu Wang Joins Ambrosus as Project Manager - October 19, 2017
- Russian Wood for Cryptocurrency – Timber! - October 19, 2017
- Proof Suite Announces Token Sale for Blockchain Platform Designed to Tokenize and Insure Real World Assets - October 19, 2017
- DataWallet Announces Blockchain-Based, Consumer-to-Business Data Exchange - October 19, 2017
- IEEE Releases Findings from First Detailed Study of Blockchain Adoption in the Pharmaceutical Enterprise - October 19, 2017
- Horizon State Launches Token Sale to Modernize Global Voting and Collaborative Decision Making - October 19, 2017
- Metaps Plans to Launch Time Marketplace ‘Timebank’ Token Sale on COMSA - October 19, 2017
- Lykke Vanuatu brings Binary.com tokens to Lykke Vanuatu Exchange - October 19, 2017
- After raising $15M in a pre-sale, BitClave is ramping up for its Nov 8 crowdsale, and its plans to redefine the search experience - October 19, 2017
- Kazakhstan Is About To Launch The First Cryptocurrency, Directly Backed By Fiat Money - October 19, 2017
- Positive.com launches to protect Initial Coin Offerings from cyber attack - October 19, 2017
- Latium Launches LATX Cryptocurrency Token Sale for Participation in AI-Based Tasking Platform - October 18, 2017
- IBM Announces Major Blockchain Solution to Speed Global Payments - October 18, 2017
- Launch of SMSCHAIN, a Blockchain-based SMS Gateway - October 18, 2017
- Streamr Concludes a 30 Million CHF Crowd Contribution Period to Build Decentralized Real-Time Data Economy - October 18, 2017
- Publica Building New eCommerce Platform for the Publishing Ecosystem – Token Sale Coming Soon - October 18, 2017
- BLOCKv Partners with Storj Labs to Provide Decentralized Storage Architecture and New Toolsets to Power Next Generation Digital Objects - October 18, 2017
- Coinme Announces the Start of the UpToken Sale Today With Over $40 Million USD in Pre-Registration Signups - October 18, 2017
- Blockbid Announces Launch Of ICO Backed By Multi-Cryptocurrency Trading Platform - October 18, 2017
- SportyFi – Decentralized Sports Investment Start-up Endorsed by Soccer Superstar Roberto Carlos - October 16, 2017
- Acronis Joins Runa Capital and Parallels In Accelerating Innovation and Supporting Blockchain Initiatives in Malta - October 16, 2017
- Jaxx Allows First Crowdsale Participation with STORM Token - October 16, 2017
- Hyperledger Knits New Project – Hyperledger Quilt - October 16, 2017
- Legolas Exchange Partners With BanQix to Protect Institutional Investors - October 16, 2017
- MARK.SPACE Announces Launch Of Blockchain-powered VR-platform With Upcoming Token Crowdsale - October 16, 2017
- IRTI Partners With Ateon And Settlemint To Develop Blockchain-based Products For Financial Inclusion - October 16, 2017
- Golden Alliance Coin Announces ICO – For Mining Gold - October 16, 2017
- Media Aggregator Esports Gold Announces $5 Million Ethereum Token Sale - October 16, 2017