The University College London Centre for Blockchain Technologies (UCL CBT) is proud to be partner of the upcoming P2P Financial Systems International Workshop 2017 (P2PFISY), to be held at UCL Wilkins Building on 20-21 July 2017.
The event counts on a high-level line-up of speakers who will promise to finally merge the gap between academia, industry and finance debating on the potentials and controversies of financial disintermediation.
How will technological developments like fintech and digital money shape the future financial system?
Critics claim that it will be ruled by peer-to-peer systems. Undoubtedly, our society is rapidly evolving toward a less capital-intensive economy of ubiquitous on-demand shared assets and services. Technology-enabled platforms driven by computer-based and network-based ICTs allow for a peer-to-peer exchange of information and value without intermediaries.
Digital currencies and blockchain technologies, P2P lending and crowdfunding, digital money transfer, mobile banking and mobile payments represent the core of this innovation and the topics of the conference.
What opportunities and potential risks do such peer-to-peer innovation involve?
Despite the implementation of a series of reforms, including the introduction of regulatory sandboxes, the question whether the current financial disintermediation is fit for the future remains unanswered. The perspectives chosen by this workshop to face such controversial themes are probably to be considered as the keystone to evaluate not simply advantages and disadvantages but also present and future challenges that these new technologies are placing.
The third edition of the P2PFISY will foster debates from a wide viewpoint, by aiming to merge attitudes and to bridge the gap between academics, technologists, policy makers, regulators and Fintech experts. Partners of the event are the Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland, De Netherlandsche Bank, the Bank of Canada with the patronage of UCL Centre for Blockchain Technologies.
The two days workshop are divided into a P2P Day (Thursday 20th July) and a Blockchain Day (Friday 21st July). Opening keynote of the event and of the P2P Day is Prof. Daniel Heller, Visiting Fellow at PIIE and former Executive Director at International Monetary Fund.
During the two days researchers, industry experts and entrepreneurs will be engaged in thrilling presentations and debates. Among the confirmed speakers: Lee Braine (Barclays), Michele Curtoni (London Stock Exchange), Thomas Bertani (Oraclize), Pinar Emirdag (State Street), Paolo Sironi (IBM Watson Financial Service), Jon Matonis (Bitcoin Foundation).
Moreover, the discussion will be enlightened by the view of regulators and central bankers including: Jeffrey Bandman (US Commodity and Future Trading Commission), John Schindler (Federal Reserve Board), Chalrelne Chen (BitPesa), Andrea Pinna (European Central Bank), Wilko Bolt (De Nederlandsche Bank), Ben Fung (Bank of Canada), Ben Craig (Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland), Michael Liftik (former US Security Exchange Commission).
Discussions on both days are closed by a rich panel session, where business and regulation as well as business and technology of P2P financial markets will be analyzed.
The program is constantly being updated and some other internationally renowned speakers are to be expected.
A lot of attention is being attracted by the Formal Dining, which will host a Special Guest for a speech before the dinner. The name will be revealed at due time from the conference secretariat.
A few details more about the event: tickets can be purchased via the P2PFISY website,
Early bird rates for academics, practitioners and students will be available until the 30th of April.
The Call for Papers will close on 15th May. Selected papers will have the opportunity to be published in a special issue of Journal of Digital Banking.
More information can be found here.
- UC Berkeley Opens New Blockchain Lab – Steve Chen Appointed to Co-Lead Newly Formed Berkeley Blockchain Lab - December 10, 2017
- Peter Vessenes Announces Deluge Network To Support a Safe and Direct Way to Contribute Bitcoin Directly to ICOs - December 5, 2017
- EXMO Launches Token Sale with Blockstarter’s ICO Solution - December 5, 2017
- AdHive, A Blockchain-Based Native Advertising Platform, Engages with WINGS DAO Platform - December 5, 2017
- Perkins Coie Adds SEC Attorney in San Francisco with Fintech and Blockchain Experience - December 5, 2017
- Cryptocurrency Monero Announces Breakthrough Online Shopping Initiative Featuring Top Global Artists’ Music and Merchandise - December 5, 2017
- Bitcoin for a ‘bit’ of Caribbean paradise - December 5, 2017
- With the Launch of SunCoin, Solar Bankers Takes On the World’s Energy Giants - December 4, 2017
- Blockchain News Is Merging With Token Report - November 30, 2017
- Mira launches Pre-ICO for Mira – an Easy and Convenient Way to Buy, Store and Send Cryptocurrency - November 23, 2017
- Dash and KuvaCash Partner to Fight Inflation in Zimbabwe with Cryptocurrency - November 22, 2017
- INS Ecosystem Partners with Ambrosus to Overhaul the Grocery Supply Chain - November 22, 2017
- Global Debt Registry Unveils Collateral Pledge Blockchain Proof of Concept - November 22, 2017
- Ripple Appoints Former New York State Superintendent of Financial Services Benjamin Lawsky to Its Board and Ron Will as CFO - November 22, 2017
- Advised by the Co-Founders of YouTube and Twitch, Theta Announces a Blockchain-based Video Delivery Network - November 22, 2017
- Modex adds top advisor from Google ahead of ICO - November 22, 2017
- Decentralized Ad Exchange AdEx Partners with INK to Handle the World’s First Blockchain-based Ad Auction - November 22, 2017
- Zilliqa Lowers Funding Cap Despite Heavy Demand from Investors - November 22, 2017
- Health Startup Etheal Combines Blockchain Technology with Micro-Incentives to Build a Peer-Reviewed Global List of Health Professionals - November 22, 2017
- Bitquence Rebrands as Ethos.io, Charting a Course to Unlock Crypto and the Future of Investment for the Masses - November 22, 2017
- Eidoo Introduces User Friendly ICO Engine – Allowing Crypto Startups To Launch And Manage Their Own ICOs For Fundraising On The Blockchain - November 22, 2017
- Simdaq Launches Social Platform for Democratisation and Development of Cryptocurrency Trading - November 22, 2017
- Gameflip Shatters FLIP Pre-Sale Goals, Sets Sights on December 4, 2017 ICO - November 22, 2017
- Golden Alliance Gold Mining Launches Token Sale - November 22, 2017
- Genaro and Storj Labs Announce Collaboration and Product Integration - November 22, 2017
- Metal (MTL) Now Available on the Chinese Cryptocurrency Exchange - November 22, 2017
- Mark.space & Jaguar Land Rover Announce Cooperation - November 22, 2017
- Exscudo – EON Testnet Was Successfully Updated - November 22, 2017
- Valorem Foundation Launches All-new Cryptocurrency Platform - November 22, 2017
- WAX Partners with Xsolla to Offer Its Platform to More Than 2,000 Video Games - November 22, 2017
- Brave expands Basic Attention Token platform to YouTube - November 22, 2017
- Narrative Launches Blockchain Based Social Network That Puts Revenue In Your Pocket, Not Mark Zuckerberg’s - November 22, 2017
- Gladius Uses Blockchain and Spare Bandwidth to Revolutionize Cyber Security - November 22, 2017
- Indorse Announces Partnership with App Store Cryptocurrency, AppCoins, ahead of MVP Launch - November 22, 2017
- Secutix And The Paléo Festival Nyon Announce The Success Of Their Blockchain Pilot Project - November 22, 2017
- ING launches major addition to blockchain technology: Zero-Knowledge Range Proof solution - November 22, 2017
- Cofound.it Announces Teams Participating in Upcoming Live Crowdsale Event - November 22, 2017
- PUBLIQ goes public: The blockchain and AI company that fights fake news announces the start of its Initial Token Offering - November 22, 2017
- Blockchain for Business SophiaTX Reveals New Details of Platform; Confirms Date for Token Generation Event - November 22, 2017
- BCShop.io Launches Partner Program - November 22, 2017
- World’s First Social Entrepreneurship Platform Moms Avenue Challenges Etsy by Gearing Up With Blockchain - November 21, 2017
- WAX Partners with Xsolla to Offer Its Platform to More Than 2,000 Video Games - November 20, 2017
- Pundi X integrates NEM blockchain to Bring Cryptocurrency Payments Into Retail Stores - November 20, 2017
- Fujitsu Develops Security Technology to Safely Connect Blockchains - November 20, 2017
- Jibrel Network Announces a Highly Successful Pre-sale Round - November 20, 2017
- KRAFTWERK on Blockchain - November 20, 2017
- MintHealth: Empowering Patients to Take Control of their Health and Data via Blockchain Technology - November 20, 2017
- IBM Completes PoC Of Blockchain-based Shared KYC With Deutsche Bank, HSBC, MUFG And Cargill, IBM Treasuries - November 20, 2017
- LetsEnhance.io to process images on Neuromation Platform - November 20, 2017
- Blockchain And AI Researchers Propose A New Model To Return The Control Over Human Life Data To The Patients And Accelerate Biomedical Research - November 20, 2017