The University College London Centre for Blockchain Technologies (UCL CBT) is proud to be partner of the upcoming P2P Financial Systems International Workshop 2017 (P2PFISY), to be held at UCL Wilkins Building on 20-21 July 2017.
The event counts on a high-level line-up of speakers who will promise to finally merge the gap between academia, industry and finance debating on the potentials and controversies of financial disintermediation.
How will technological developments like fintech and digital money shape the future financial system?
Critics claim that it will be ruled by peer-to-peer systems. Undoubtedly, our society is rapidly evolving toward a less capital-intensive economy of ubiquitous on-demand shared assets and services. Technology-enabled platforms driven by computer-based and network-based ICTs allow for a peer-to-peer exchange of information and value without intermediaries.
Digital currencies and blockchain technologies, P2P lending and crowdfunding, digital money transfer, mobile banking and mobile payments represent the core of this innovation and the topics of the conference.
What opportunities and potential risks do such peer-to-peer innovation involve?
Despite the implementation of a series of reforms, including the introduction of regulatory sandboxes, the question whether the current financial disintermediation is fit for the future remains unanswered. The perspectives chosen by this workshop to face such controversial themes are probably to be considered as the keystone to evaluate not simply advantages and disadvantages but also present and future challenges that these new technologies are placing.
The third edition of the P2PFISY will foster debates from a wide viewpoint, by aiming to merge attitudes and to bridge the gap between academics, technologists, policy makers, regulators and Fintech experts. Partners of the event are the Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland, De Netherlandsche Bank, the Bank of Canada with the patronage of UCL Centre for Blockchain Technologies.
The two days workshop are divided into a P2P Day (Thursday 20th July) and a Blockchain Day (Friday 21st July). Opening keynote of the event and of the P2P Day is Prof. Daniel Heller, Visiting Fellow at PIIE and former Executive Director at International Monetary Fund.
During the two days researchers, industry experts and entrepreneurs will be engaged in thrilling presentations and debates. Among the confirmed speakers: Lee Braine (Barclays), Michele Curtoni (London Stock Exchange), Thomas Bertani (Oraclize), Pinar Emirdag (State Street), Paolo Sironi (IBM Watson Financial Service), Jon Matonis (Bitcoin Foundation).
Moreover, the discussion will be enlightened by the view of regulators and central bankers including: Jeffrey Bandman (US Commodity and Future Trading Commission), John Schindler (Federal Reserve Board), Chalrelne Chen (BitPesa), Andrea Pinna (European Central Bank), Wilko Bolt (De Nederlandsche Bank), Ben Fung (Bank of Canada), Ben Craig (Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland), Michael Liftik (former US Security Exchange Commission).
Discussions on both days are closed by a rich panel session, where business and regulation as well as business and technology of P2P financial markets will be analyzed.
The program is constantly being updated and some other internationally renowned speakers are to be expected.
A lot of attention is being attracted by the Formal Dining, which will host a Special Guest for a speech before the dinner. The name will be revealed at due time from the conference secretariat.
A few details more about the event: tickets can be purchased via the P2PFISY website,
Early bird rates for academics, practitioners and students will be available until the 30th of April.
The Call for Papers will close on 15th May. Selected papers will have the opportunity to be published in a special issue of Journal of Digital Banking.
More information can be found here.
- Ex Ethereum, Stripe & Apple Trio Raising $1 million – Skipping ICO – to Crowdfund Blockchain Wallet for Banks - August 21, 2017
- Cindicator Brings AI and Collective Intelligence to Drive 47% Investment Yield Per Annum - August 21, 2017
- Cryptopay Plans ICO Based on Users Request - August 21, 2017
- Kybernetwork To Close Their ICO Whitelist Early Due To Massive Early Registration - August 20, 2017
- VR Startup DECENTRALAND Closes Token Launch with $25 Million Raise in 10 Seconds - August 19, 2017
- Napoleonx Plans DAFs (Decentralized Autonomous Funds) To Bridge The Gap Between Crypto And Real Assets Active Investing, Unboxing The Crypto World - August 19, 2017
- Lampix Image Mining for Augmented Reality - August 19, 2017
- BlockMason Announces First SEC-Compliant Public American ICO - August 18, 2017
- Tightened EU Regulations Enabling Blockchain Technology in Pharmaceutical Supply Chain - August 18, 2017
- Mark Cuban Portfolio Company Unikrn Seeks to Sell $100 Million in UnikoinGold tokens - August 18, 2017
- Dash To Host Its First Ever Global Conference - August 17, 2017
- LAToken Tokenized Apple Shares to Sell Them for Cryptocurrencies - August 17, 2017
- Sensay, Groundbreaking AI and Chatbot Company Launches Token Sale - August 17, 2017
- ICOBox Token Presale Attracts $8.3 Million - August 17, 2017
- Indorse, the Decentralized Professional Social Network, Receives Additional Backing From Coinsilium After $5.5 million Pre-Sale - August 16, 2017
- Decentraland Partners With imToken, Connext, and Bitcoin Suisse - August 16, 2017
- Ethereum-based Car Towing Aggregator CarTaxi Plans ICO - August 16, 2017
- Ukraine Government to Allow Foreign Investors to Purchase Real Estate Online with Propy - August 16, 2017
- Cofound.it to Launch Weekly Crowdsales through September - August 15, 2017
- Blockstream Satellite: Broadcasting Bitcoin from Space - August 15, 2017
- Dr. Christian Seberino – Houston Texas Blockchain Course Kicks Off Friday August 18, 2017 - August 14, 2017
- Skycoin – Skywire Miner: Hardware for the Next Internet - August 12, 2017
- NSD and Waves kickstart development of Crypto Assets platform - August 12, 2017
- ICONOMI Introduces Columbus Capital As Its First Asset Management Partner - August 12, 2017
- Siberians to Launch ICO for Decentralized Betting eSports Platform - August 12, 2017
- Decentralized News Network Releases Alpha Update - August 12, 2017
- Gibraltar’s Fintech Sector Moves Forward – Awards Xapo E-money license - August 11, 2017
- AMBROSUS Partners with TREK THERAPEUTICS to Develop a Blockchain-powered Method to Track Quality in Pharmaceutical Manufacturing - August 11, 2017
- Outlier Ventures Becomes First VC To Hire ‘Head of Crypto-Economics’ With Appointment of Eden Dhaliwal - August 11, 2017
- Rivetz Raises $5.5 Million in RvT Token Pre-Sale; Public Token Crowdsale Begins Today, Capped at 200,000 ETH - August 10, 2017
- Leading Japanese VCs, Nippon Technology Venture Partners, FISCO Capitals, and ABBALab Inc all to invest in COMSA ICO tokens and XEM - August 10, 2017
- Binded Launches One Click U.S. Copyright Registrations - August 10, 2017
- Illinois Opens Blockchain Development Partnership with Hashed Health - August 9, 2017
- Jaxx and Cofound.it Partner to Give Best New Cryptocurrencies Immediate Liquidity - August 9, 2017
- GoldMint Project Plans to Provide 100 per cent Gold-Backed Stable Assets - August 9, 2017
- Launching a Blockchain Solution to Make Aviation Safer – Aeron.aero - August 9, 2017
- Blackmoon Financial Group Launches Blockchain-Based Platform for Tokenized Investment Funds - August 9, 2017
- SONM Launches Updated Platform With Discovery Algorithm - August 9, 2017
- AirFox Announces ICO to Make Mobile Data More Accessible and Affordable - August 8, 2017
- Golden Fleece Project To Expand Massive Altcoin Mining Ecosystem With Token Sale - August 8, 2017
- Notorious Lobbyist Jack Abramoff to Coach Bitcoin Activists in New Washington, DC-based Reality Docu-series from Blockchain Entertainment and Ignition Creative - August 8, 2017
- ATMChain’s Project In China With 7,000 Intelligent Media Screens ‘Goes Blockchain’ Through DECENT - August 8, 2017
- NEM.io Foundation Partners with Blockchain Global to Expand International Reach - August 8, 2017
- CFTE working with MAS to help ASEAN finance professionals acquire the skills of Finance 2.0 - August 8, 2017
- Rivetz International Partners with LAToken to Boost Marketplace Security on Mobile Devices - August 8, 2017
- investFeed Finishes Successful Token Generation Event - August 8, 2017
- Zen Protocol Unveils Testnet To Decentralize Finance - August 8, 2017
- Blockchain Startup JAAK Announce Official Pilot With Viacom UK - August 7, 2017
- RefToken Releases Blockchain Affiliate Platform Prototype – Announces Token Generation Event - August 5, 2017
- Dash Employs Elite Cybersecurity Service Bugcrowd to ‘Hack’ Its Blockchain - August 5, 2017