Veridium Labs, the environmental fintech company creating an open natural capital market powered by Blockchain, has announced that prominent investor Brian Kelly has joined its Board of Advisors.
Announced at the United Nations headquarters in a forum moderated by CNN host Fareed Zakaria, Brian Kelly will advise the team on business development and lend his expertise in investing and cryptocurrency to further Veridium Labs’ mission of creating a transparent and liquid marketplace for natural capital, and providing economically viable solutions for corporate sustainability.
Last month, Veridium Labs, in collaboration with ConsenSys, the world’s largest Blockchain venture studio, announced plans to create the platform. Alchemist Ventures, a full-service Blockchain consulting company will be providing advisory services.
As the CEO and Founder of digital asset investment firm BKCM LLC, Kelly brings more than 25 years of experience in financial markets to the Veridium team. He also has an extensive background in the Blockchain and cryptocurrencies and authored the book ‘The Bitcoin Big Bang – How Alternative Currencies are About to Change the World.’ Kelly is a CNBC contributor and regularly appears on the popular program Fast Money.
BKCM CEO and Founder Brian Kelly said:
“With Veridium we have the first of its kind opportunity to develop a private market solution to a global problem, by unlocking the value of natural capital we can use free market forces as an incentive for conservation.”
Veridium Labs’ Board of Advisors also include experts in the field, Jeff Reece, President, Fundry Capital; Jim Procanik, President, Green Projects and Co-Founder of InfiniteEarth Ltd; and John Bishop, an activist investor focused on environmentally and socially responsible impact investments. Veridium Foundation’s Board of Advisors includes Martijn Wilder, Member of the Order of Australia, Head of Baker & McKenzie’s Global Environmental Markets and Climate Change, Chair of the Australian Renewable Energy Agency (ARENA) and a Director of the Clean Energy Finance Corporation, WWF (Australia) and the Climate Council; Sean McDermott, an environmental law specialist in the offshore wind energy business and board member for Envision Corporation; and Nigel Rivers, CEO at Capital Solutions; and Gerald Prolman, President of Everland, a marketing company that represents some of the world’s largest and highest quality portfolio of REDD+ projects in Africa, Latin America, and Asia.
Veridium Labs’ partner EnVision Corporation has already developed markets for carbon credits and boasts a client list including PricewaterhouseCoopers, Microsoft, State Street, Zurich Insurance, Allianz Insurance, and Intuit.
Veridium Labs Co-Founder Todd Lemons said:
“Veridium Labs’ team of world-leading experts in investment, cryptocurrency, Blockchain technology, and environmental services will ensure our success in creating sustainable supply chain solutions and a liquid marketplace to help unlock the still largely untapped value of natural capital.
“We are delighted to welcome Brian Kelly to the Board and trust his counsel on financial markets, business development, and Blockchain will be an invaluable resource that contributes greatly to achieving our mission to unlock the enormous natural capital market,” added Lemons.
Veridium will offer TGR tokens in a public crowdsale set to commence in Q4 2017. TGRs are backed by, and reflect ownership rights in, Triple Gold REDD+ Verified Carbon Credits. Each REDD+ credit is equivalent to the removal of one ton of greenhouse gases from the atmosphere, and conserves, on average, one square meter of biodiverse tropical forest.
TGRs will be the first high quality natural capital-backed token onboarded to the Blockchain through the VERIDIUM Network. TGRs use the ERC20 token standard and are issued on the Ethereum Blockchain. When new natural capital assets like water rights, renewal energy, and biodiversity credits are acquired and verified as meeting the internationally-recognized standards such as the VCS and Climate, Community & Biodiversity (CCB) standards, or American Carbon Registry (ACR) standards, they may be added to the VERIDIUM Network. The decision whether to onboard new natural capital assets will be made by the independent, non-profit Veridium Foundation.
VERIDIUM membership rewards tokens will also be issued during the crowdsale. The tokens grant holders access to rewards points from all natural capital assets onboarded to the Blockchain through the VERIDIUM Network. These rewards points may then be used to obtain preferential access to new natural capital tokens as they are added to the VERIDIUM Network.
At the token offering, up to 15 million TGRs will be available, backed by 15 million independently audited and registered Triple Gold REDD+ credits generated by the Rimba Raya Biodiversity Reserve in Borneo, Indonesia. The Reserve is a high conservation value, tropical peat forest approximately the size of Singapore, and one of the world’s most endangered ecosystems. It contains the highest biodiversity and carbon stocks of any forest type, and filters and conserves trillions of liters of fresh water every day. Most notably, it protects over 120 threatened, vulnerable and endangered species listed on the Cites RED list and is home to one of the largest remaining high-density populations of endangered orangutans.
TGR tokens will be available for purchase in Bitcoin, Ethereum, and major fiat currencies. For more information, visit veridium.io.
- UC Berkeley Opens New Blockchain Lab – Steve Chen Appointed to Co-Lead Newly Formed Berkeley Blockchain Lab - December 10, 2017
- Peter Vessenes Announces Deluge Network To Support a Safe and Direct Way to Contribute Bitcoin Directly to ICOs - December 5, 2017
- EXMO Launches Token Sale with Blockstarter’s ICO Solution - December 5, 2017
- AdHive, A Blockchain-Based Native Advertising Platform, Engages with WINGS DAO Platform - December 5, 2017
- Perkins Coie Adds SEC Attorney in San Francisco with Fintech and Blockchain Experience - December 5, 2017
- Cryptocurrency Monero Announces Breakthrough Online Shopping Initiative Featuring Top Global Artists’ Music and Merchandise - December 5, 2017
- Bitcoin for a ‘bit’ of Caribbean paradise - December 5, 2017
- With the Launch of SunCoin, Solar Bankers Takes On the World’s Energy Giants - December 4, 2017
- Blockchain News Is Merging With Token Report - November 30, 2017
- Mira launches Pre-ICO for Mira – an Easy and Convenient Way to Buy, Store and Send Cryptocurrency - November 23, 2017
- Dash and KuvaCash Partner to Fight Inflation in Zimbabwe with Cryptocurrency - November 22, 2017
- INS Ecosystem Partners with Ambrosus to Overhaul the Grocery Supply Chain - November 22, 2017
- Global Debt Registry Unveils Collateral Pledge Blockchain Proof of Concept - November 22, 2017
- Ripple Appoints Former New York State Superintendent of Financial Services Benjamin Lawsky to Its Board and Ron Will as CFO - November 22, 2017
- Advised by the Co-Founders of YouTube and Twitch, Theta Announces a Blockchain-based Video Delivery Network - November 22, 2017
- Modex adds top advisor from Google ahead of ICO - November 22, 2017
- Decentralized Ad Exchange AdEx Partners with INK to Handle the World’s First Blockchain-based Ad Auction - November 22, 2017
- Zilliqa Lowers Funding Cap Despite Heavy Demand from Investors - November 22, 2017
- Health Startup Etheal Combines Blockchain Technology with Micro-Incentives to Build a Peer-Reviewed Global List of Health Professionals - November 22, 2017
- Bitquence Rebrands as Ethos.io, Charting a Course to Unlock Crypto and the Future of Investment for the Masses - November 22, 2017
- Eidoo Introduces User Friendly ICO Engine – Allowing Crypto Startups To Launch And Manage Their Own ICOs For Fundraising On The Blockchain - November 22, 2017
- Simdaq Launches Social Platform for Democratisation and Development of Cryptocurrency Trading - November 22, 2017
- Gameflip Shatters FLIP Pre-Sale Goals, Sets Sights on December 4, 2017 ICO - November 22, 2017
- Golden Alliance Gold Mining Launches Token Sale - November 22, 2017
- Genaro and Storj Labs Announce Collaboration and Product Integration - November 22, 2017
- Metal (MTL) Now Available on the Chinese Cryptocurrency Exchange - November 22, 2017
- Mark.space & Jaguar Land Rover Announce Cooperation - November 22, 2017
- Exscudo – EON Testnet Was Successfully Updated - November 22, 2017
- Valorem Foundation Launches All-new Cryptocurrency Platform - November 22, 2017
- WAX Partners with Xsolla to Offer Its Platform to More Than 2,000 Video Games - November 22, 2017
- Brave expands Basic Attention Token platform to YouTube - November 22, 2017
- Narrative Launches Blockchain Based Social Network That Puts Revenue In Your Pocket, Not Mark Zuckerberg’s - November 22, 2017
- Gladius Uses Blockchain and Spare Bandwidth to Revolutionize Cyber Security - November 22, 2017
- Indorse Announces Partnership with App Store Cryptocurrency, AppCoins, ahead of MVP Launch - November 22, 2017
- Secutix And The Paléo Festival Nyon Announce The Success Of Their Blockchain Pilot Project - November 22, 2017
- ING launches major addition to blockchain technology: Zero-Knowledge Range Proof solution - November 22, 2017
- Cofound.it Announces Teams Participating in Upcoming Live Crowdsale Event - November 22, 2017
- PUBLIQ goes public: The blockchain and AI company that fights fake news announces the start of its Initial Token Offering - November 22, 2017
- Blockchain for Business SophiaTX Reveals New Details of Platform; Confirms Date for Token Generation Event - November 22, 2017
- BCShop.io Launches Partner Program - November 22, 2017
- World’s First Social Entrepreneurship Platform Moms Avenue Challenges Etsy by Gearing Up With Blockchain - November 21, 2017
- WAX Partners with Xsolla to Offer Its Platform to More Than 2,000 Video Games - November 20, 2017
- Pundi X integrates NEM blockchain to Bring Cryptocurrency Payments Into Retail Stores - November 20, 2017
- Fujitsu Develops Security Technology to Safely Connect Blockchains - November 20, 2017
- Jibrel Network Announces a Highly Successful Pre-sale Round - November 20, 2017
- KRAFTWERK on Blockchain - November 20, 2017
- MintHealth: Empowering Patients to Take Control of their Health and Data via Blockchain Technology - November 20, 2017
- IBM Completes PoC Of Blockchain-based Shared KYC With Deutsche Bank, HSBC, MUFG And Cargill, IBM Treasuries - November 20, 2017
- LetsEnhance.io to process images on Neuromation Platform - November 20, 2017
- Blockchain And AI Researchers Propose A New Model To Return The Control Over Human Life Data To The Patients And Accelerate Biomedical Research - November 20, 2017