Veridium Labs, the environmental fintech company creating an open natural capital market powered by Blockchain, has announced that prominent investor Brian Kelly has joined its Board of Advisors.
Announced at the United Nations headquarters in a forum moderated by CNN host Fareed Zakaria, Brian Kelly will advise the team on business development and lend his expertise in investing and cryptocurrency to further Veridium Labs’ mission of creating a transparent and liquid marketplace for natural capital, and providing economically viable solutions for corporate sustainability.
Last month, Veridium Labs, in collaboration with ConsenSys, the world’s largest Blockchain venture studio, announced plans to create the platform. Alchemist Ventures, a full-service Blockchain consulting company will be providing advisory services.
As the CEO and Founder of digital asset investment firm BKCM LLC, Kelly brings more than 25 years of experience in financial markets to the Veridium team. He also has an extensive background in the Blockchain and cryptocurrencies and authored the book ‘The Bitcoin Big Bang – How Alternative Currencies are About to Change the World.’ Kelly is a CNBC contributor and regularly appears on the popular program Fast Money.
BKCM CEO and Founder Brian Kelly said:
“With Veridium we have the first of its kind opportunity to develop a private market solution to a global problem, by unlocking the value of natural capital we can use free market forces as an incentive for conservation.”
Veridium Labs’ Board of Advisors also include experts in the field, Jeff Reece, President, Fundry Capital; Jim Procanik, President, Green Projects and Co-Founder of InfiniteEarth Ltd; and John Bishop, an activist investor focused on environmentally and socially responsible impact investments. Veridium Foundation’s Board of Advisors includes Martijn Wilder, Member of the Order of Australia, Head of Baker & McKenzie’s Global Environmental Markets and Climate Change, Chair of the Australian Renewable Energy Agency (ARENA) and a Director of the Clean Energy Finance Corporation, WWF (Australia) and the Climate Council; Sean McDermott, an environmental law specialist in the offshore wind energy business and board member for Envision Corporation; and Nigel Rivers, CEO at Capital Solutions; and Gerald Prolman, President of Everland, a marketing company that represents some of the world’s largest and highest quality portfolio of REDD+ projects in Africa, Latin America, and Asia.
Veridium Labs’ partner EnVision Corporation has already developed markets for carbon credits and boasts a client list including PricewaterhouseCoopers, Microsoft, State Street, Zurich Insurance, Allianz Insurance, and Intuit.
Veridium Labs Co-Founder Todd Lemons said:
“Veridium Labs’ team of world-leading experts in investment, cryptocurrency, Blockchain technology, and environmental services will ensure our success in creating sustainable supply chain solutions and a liquid marketplace to help unlock the still largely untapped value of natural capital.
“We are delighted to welcome Brian Kelly to the Board and trust his counsel on financial markets, business development, and Blockchain will be an invaluable resource that contributes greatly to achieving our mission to unlock the enormous natural capital market,” added Lemons.
Veridium will offer TGR tokens in a public crowdsale set to commence in Q4 2017. TGRs are backed by, and reflect ownership rights in, Triple Gold REDD+ Verified Carbon Credits. Each REDD+ credit is equivalent to the removal of one ton of greenhouse gases from the atmosphere, and conserves, on average, one square meter of biodiverse tropical forest.
TGRs will be the first high quality natural capital-backed token onboarded to the Blockchain through the VERIDIUM Network. TGRs use the ERC20 token standard and are issued on the Ethereum Blockchain. When new natural capital assets like water rights, renewal energy, and biodiversity credits are acquired and verified as meeting the internationally-recognized standards such as the VCS and Climate, Community & Biodiversity (CCB) standards, or American Carbon Registry (ACR) standards, they may be added to the VERIDIUM Network. The decision whether to onboard new natural capital assets will be made by the independent, non-profit Veridium Foundation.
VERIDIUM membership rewards tokens will also be issued during the crowdsale. The tokens grant holders access to rewards points from all natural capital assets onboarded to the Blockchain through the VERIDIUM Network. These rewards points may then be used to obtain preferential access to new natural capital tokens as they are added to the VERIDIUM Network.
At the token offering, up to 15 million TGRs will be available, backed by 15 million independently audited and registered Triple Gold REDD+ credits generated by the Rimba Raya Biodiversity Reserve in Borneo, Indonesia. The Reserve is a high conservation value, tropical peat forest approximately the size of Singapore, and one of the world’s most endangered ecosystems. It contains the highest biodiversity and carbon stocks of any forest type, and filters and conserves trillions of liters of fresh water every day. Most notably, it protects over 120 threatened, vulnerable and endangered species listed on the Cites RED list and is home to one of the largest remaining high-density populations of endangered orangutans.
TGR tokens will be available for purchase in Bitcoin, Ethereum, and major fiat currencies. For more information, visit veridium.io.
- Russian Wood for Cryptocurrency – Timber! - October 19, 2017
- Proof Suite Announces Token Sale for Blockchain Platform Designed to Tokenize and Insure Real World Assets - October 19, 2017
- DataWallet Announces Blockchain-Based, Consumer-to-Business Data Exchange - October 19, 2017
- IEEE Releases Findings from First Detailed Study of Blockchain Adoption in the Pharmaceutical Enterprise - October 19, 2017
- Horizon State Launches Token Sale to Modernize Global Voting and Collaborative Decision Making - October 19, 2017
- Metaps Plans to Launch Time Marketplace ‘Timebank’ Token Sale on COMSA - October 19, 2017
- Lykke Vanuatu brings Binary.com tokens to Lykke Vanuatu Exchange - October 19, 2017
- After raising $15M in a pre-sale, BitClave is ramping up for its Nov 8 crowdsale, and its plans to redefine the search experience - October 19, 2017
- Kazakhstan Is About To Launch The First Cryptocurrency, Directly Backed By Fiat Money - October 19, 2017
- Positive.com launches to protect Initial Coin Offerings from cyber attack - October 19, 2017
- Latium Launches LATX Cryptocurrency Token Sale for Participation in AI-Based Tasking Platform - October 18, 2017
- IBM Announces Major Blockchain Solution to Speed Global Payments - October 18, 2017
- Launch of SMSCHAIN, a Blockchain-based SMS Gateway - October 18, 2017
- Streamr Concludes a 30 Million CHF Crowd Contribution Period to Build Decentralized Real-Time Data Economy - October 18, 2017
- Publica Building New eCommerce Platform for the Publishing Ecosystem – Token Sale Coming Soon - October 18, 2017
- BLOCKv Partners with Storj Labs to Provide Decentralized Storage Architecture and New Toolsets to Power Next Generation Digital Objects - October 18, 2017
- Coinme Announces the Start of the UpToken Sale Today With Over $40 Million USD in Pre-Registration Signups - October 18, 2017
- Blockbid Announces Launch Of ICO Backed By Multi-Cryptocurrency Trading Platform - October 18, 2017
- SportyFi – Decentralized Sports Investment Start-up Endorsed by Soccer Superstar Roberto Carlos - October 16, 2017
- Acronis Joins Runa Capital and Parallels In Accelerating Innovation and Supporting Blockchain Initiatives in Malta - October 16, 2017
- Jaxx Allows First Crowdsale Participation with STORM Token - October 16, 2017
- Hyperledger Knits New Project – Hyperledger Quilt - October 16, 2017
- Legolas Exchange Partners With BanQix to Protect Institutional Investors - October 16, 2017
- MARK.SPACE Announces Launch Of Blockchain-powered VR-platform With Upcoming Token Crowdsale - October 16, 2017
- IRTI Partners With Ateon And Settlemint To Develop Blockchain-based Products For Financial Inclusion - October 16, 2017
- Golden Alliance Coin Announces ICO – For Mining Gold - October 16, 2017
- Media Aggregator Esports Gold Announces $5 Million Ethereum Token Sale - October 16, 2017
- MinexCoin: Park the Volatility! - October 16, 2017
- Ambrosus Token Generation Event (TGE) Officially Cracks the Largest Blockchain Crowdfunded Projects in History - October 15, 2017
- Freedom Streaming Announces An ICO For The First Uncensored And Anonymous Live Streaming Platform - October 14, 2017
- MicroMoney starts a $30,000,000 token distribution campaign - October 14, 2017
- Announcing the First Members of the DataBrokerDAO Alliance - October 14, 2017
- STK Global Payments Announce Global Advisory Board – Token Sale - October 14, 2017
- Zilliqa Breaks 2,400 Transactions per Second with their ‘Sharding’ Blockchain - October 13, 2017
- Dappbase Launches High-Performance Infrastructure for Decentralized App Developers - October 13, 2017
- bitJob Raises $2 Million to Launch Decentralized Platform for Student Employment - October 13, 2017
- Particl Unveils Its Confidential Cryptocurrency Transactions - October 13, 2017
- Waves To Develop “liquid Democracy” Applications - October 13, 2017
- DECENT Updates Core – New User Issued Assets and More - October 13, 2017
- Dash for Dope – Digital Payments Platform Alt Thirty Six Selects Dash As Payment Method of Choice for New Retail Sectors - October 13, 2017
- Garvan Institute And E-nome Enter Strategic Alliance To Enhance Medical Research Data Management Through Blockchain Tech - October 13, 2017
- Moody’s: New Payment Technologies Pose Threat, But Incumbents Unlikely To Be Displaced - October 13, 2017
- ZAP Token Distribution Event to Begin October 21, 2017 - October 12, 2017
- AirFox Raises $15 Million in Successful ICO, Brings New Mobile Banking Solutions to Emerging Markets - October 12, 2017
- HydroMiner Token Sale Starts October 18th – Austrian Regulators Approve - October 12, 2017
- The SBM Group and SALT Technology Enter Exploratory Partnership to Collateralize Blockchain Assets - October 12, 2017
- ExHasta: Integrating and Empowering Innovators – Announces Token Sale - October 12, 2017
- Tech Veterans Set Up Global Public Offering Fund To Turn Top U.S. Startups Into Asia-Pacific Listed Unicorns - October 11, 2017
- ZenCash Partners With Welto to Allow Bill Payment in Cryptocurrency - October 11, 2017
- Cryptopay Plans to Tie Investments to Service Performance Metrics - October 11, 2017