Dragonchain, the open-source Blockchain platform, originally developed at Disney, today announces its Initial Coin Offering (ICO) to bring the power of Blockchain technology to business applications with a secure, serverless, scalable platform running in the cloud.
The tokens issued in the ICO, Dragons, will provide access to platform services, project incubation, and professional services to support start-ups and entrepreneurs building applications on the platform.
Dragonchain provides a commercial platform for application developers to rapidly and securely deploy Blockchain applications using established programming languages (Java, Python, Node, C#), resulting in a significant cost and go-to-market advantage. The Dragonchain architecture is designed to allow nodes to handle approval of transactions based on five levels of network consensus to provide a spectrum of trust to data consumers, a level of security and flexibility unseen in the market by current Blockchain solution providers.
Dragonchain was originally developed at Disney’s Seattle office between 2015 and 2016 under the name “Disney Private Blockchain Platform”. The project was open-sourced by Disney in October 2016 and is now maintained by the Dragonchain Foundation.
“When we created Dragonchain, we wanted to build an easy-to-use hybrid Blockchain platform that has all the benefits of immutable proof on the public Blockchain, in a flexible business-focused package.” said Joe Roets, Founder and CEO of Dragonchain, Inc. “Unlike existing platforms, with Dragonchain you retain complete control of your data. Sensitive business logic and smart contract functionality is kept proprietary.”
Dragonchain simplifies the process of integrating Blockchain functionality into business applications. It addresses a number of the key security concerns when building smart contract applications on other platforms, because businesses retain complete control of their sensitive business data and proprietary business logic.
Innovating on existing public Blockchain implementations, the hybrid Blockchain introduces context-based verification. This method offers five levels of verification from basic transaction verification up to public Blockchain verification on Bitcoin or Ethereum to provide independent witness or “proof of existence”.
The benefit is that applications can achieve consensus in stages, from a private trusted context up to a trustless public Blockchain. “We call it a spectrum of trust.” said Roets. The public Blockchain provides publicly verifiable checkpoints, even for private implementations.
This results in a very flexible method of implementing business-focused systems. The platform is designed such that traditional software engineers can easily and quickly build secure smart contracts into their applications with no prior experience with Blockchain technology or platforms.
- Polkadot Cuts Deal with Blockchain – 41M Wallets to get Polkadot.Network DOTS - August 20, 2019
- David Chaum’s New Quantum-Resistant Digital Currency, Praxxis, Has Arrived - August 20, 2019
- New Satoshi on the Block Plans a ‘Reveal’ – Bitcoin Community Responds - August 19, 2019
- Binance Announces Open Blockchain Project ‘Venus’ – Calls on Governments, Companies and Organizations to Develop Localized Stablecoins - August 19, 2019
- Blockchain-Fueled VeganNation raises $10 million for Vegan Global Marketplace - August 19, 2019
- Fight to Flame – Mike Tyson Denies Issuing Token and Working With Fight2Fame - August 17, 2019
- Bitcoin Wealth is Almost 50 Times More Concentrated than Global Wealth According to PARSIQ Research - August 16, 2019
- Graph Blockchain Signs LOI to Acquire Cyberanking Ltd. an Esports Company - August 16, 2019
- Blockchain Moves Into The US’s Largest Oil Fields With Data Gumbo - August 16, 2019
- BlockStar Teams Up With Cycling Apparel Brand De Marchi to Auction Fausto Coppi’s Cycling Jersey - August 16, 2019
- Zcoin Available to Five Million Merchants in Thailand - August 16, 2019
- Republic Partners with Althea to Launch First-Ever Compliant Security Airdrop for Retail Investors in the U.S. and Abroad - August 14, 2019
- Mark Cuban’s Dallas Mavericks Basketball Team Join Up With Bitpay To Accept Bitcoin For Tickets And Gear - August 14, 2019
- Mike Tyson Launches Fight to Fame – Crypto-Driven, Blockchain-Fueled Fighter Booster - August 14, 2019
- Blox Survey: Ninety-Five Percent of US CPAs Believe Clients are Not Disclosing All their Digital Assets and Transactions - August 13, 2019
- New Zealand Allows for Employee Payments to be Made in Cryptocurrency - August 13, 2019
- USA SEC Postpones Decision on Three Bitcoin ETFs - August 13, 2019
- Cryptocurrency Thefts, Scams and Fraud May Exceed $4.3 Billion For 2019 - August 12, 2019
- China’s Central Bank Gears Up to Launch it’s Own Cryptocurrency - August 12, 2019
- Overstock: Retail Traders Can Now Invest in STOs at tZERO - August 9, 2019