Dragonchain, the open-source Blockchain platform, originally developed at Disney, today announces its Initial Coin Offering (ICO) to bring the power of Blockchain technology to business applications with a secure, serverless, scalable platform running in the cloud.
The tokens issued in the ICO, Dragons, will provide access to platform services, project incubation, and professional services to support start-ups and entrepreneurs building applications on the platform.
Dragonchain provides a commercial platform for application developers to rapidly and securely deploy Blockchain applications using established programming languages (Java, Python, Node, C#), resulting in a significant cost and go-to-market advantage. The Dragonchain architecture is designed to allow nodes to handle approval of transactions based on five levels of network consensus to provide a spectrum of trust to data consumers, a level of security and flexibility unseen in the market by current Blockchain solution providers.
Dragonchain was originally developed at Disney’s Seattle office between 2015 and 2016 under the name “Disney Private Blockchain Platform”. The project was open-sourced by Disney in October 2016 and is now maintained by the Dragonchain Foundation.
“When we created Dragonchain, we wanted to build an easy-to-use hybrid Blockchain platform that has all the benefits of immutable proof on the public Blockchain, in a flexible business-focused package.” said Joe Roets, Founder and CEO of Dragonchain, Inc. “Unlike existing platforms, with Dragonchain you retain complete control of your data. Sensitive business logic and smart contract functionality is kept proprietary.”
Dragonchain simplifies the process of integrating Blockchain functionality into business applications. It addresses a number of the key security concerns when building smart contract applications on other platforms, because businesses retain complete control of their sensitive business data and proprietary business logic.
Innovating on existing public Blockchain implementations, the hybrid Blockchain introduces context-based verification. This method offers five levels of verification from basic transaction verification up to public Blockchain verification on Bitcoin or Ethereum to provide independent witness or “proof of existence”.
The benefit is that applications can achieve consensus in stages, from a private trusted context up to a trustless public Blockchain. “We call it a spectrum of trust.” said Roets. The public Blockchain provides publicly verifiable checkpoints, even for private implementations.
This results in a very flexible method of implementing business-focused systems. The platform is designed such that traditional software engineers can easily and quickly build secure smart contracts into their applications with no prior experience with Blockchain technology or platforms.
- Archax Opts for R3’s Corda for Digital Exchange DLT Infrastructure - October 18, 2019
- Dubai Property Giant Emaar to Launch Blockchain-Based Rewards and Loyalty Ecosystem - October 17, 2019
- World’s Largest Cryptocurrency-Fueled Darknet Child Pornography Website Hammered – 300+Busted - October 17, 2019
- Wanxiang Blockchain and PlatON Launch Consortium Blockchain Infrastructure in China - October 7, 2019
- PayPal Quits Facebook Cryptocurrency Project Libra - October 7, 2019
- Walmart To Use Blockchain For Shrimp - October 7, 2019
- Channel Tools adds Blockchain-Driven Verification Service Evident Proof To It’s Kit - October 7, 2019
- Zuckerberg Under Intense Pressure to Testify to US Congress about Libra - October 4, 2019
- Report: Canadian Blockchain Industry Has Some of The Highest Paid Workers in the Country - October 4, 2019
- Bavarian Company RISE Wealth Technologies with Houston-based Entoro, Launching Largest European STO to Date at USD$120 million - October 4, 2019
- October Launch Confirmation for Telegram Open Network (TON) - October 4, 2019
- Liechtenstein Parliament Passes Blockchain Act - October 4, 2019
- Pioneer of Blockchain Certification For The Visual Arts Verisart, Raises $2.5 million in Series Seed Funding - October 4, 2019
- Uruguayan Digital Party to Embrace Æternity Blockchain Technology For Member Voting - October 3, 2019
- Decentralized Trading Technology Startup Vega Raises $5 Million Seed – Pantera Capital Leads Oversubscribed Round - October 3, 2019
- Malta-Based OKEx Kicks Off Global Compliance Standards Initiative for Cryptocurrency Exchanges - October 3, 2019
- Dama Financial and Helix TCS Establish First Blockchain-Fueled, Complaint Cannabis Marketplace - October 3, 2019
- New Digital Rights Law Enacted in Russia – Establishes Basic Definition Of Tokens And Governs Smart Contracts - October 2, 2019
- Six major Japanese Brokerage Firms Establish Japan Security Token Offering Association - October 2, 2019
- Vancouver’s BIGG Digital Assets Cuts Deal with US Federal Government Agency - October 2, 2019